BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You just made me realize I forgot to pick up Astonishing X-men #19

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This could be awesome. I am officially excited. God 22 days? Oy.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I've been looking forward to this since ever. I can't wait. :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

stupid question: is it gonna be a cartoon or comic?

**EDIT**

Mr.City, you have proved that you are a good person by removing that part of the sig

Thanks good sir!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Comic. And sorry about the sig.

Yay!
    Joy of Joys, the books kicked ass so i expect nothing less then ass-kickery from the comic

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My only worry is that it's rated PG and those who've read the books will know that King's writing is really R-type stuff. Not that I'm saying the story needs excessive amount of blood,swearing, and sex.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I LOVED the books, but I'm not in to comics. Think I'll like this?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena
    I LOVED the books, but I'm not in to comics. Think I'll like this?
    It's worth a try. Stephen King's heavily involved in the supervision of it, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City
    My only worry is that it's rated PG and those who've read the books will know that King's writing is really R-type stuff.
    The Dark Tower series seems more family friendly than most, and I think much of the references can probably taken out or slightly changed. Off the top of my head, there's some stuff involving heroin addiction that's pretty integral to the story that might be tough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Might as well check out the first one and see if it gets interested.

I loved the Dark Tower series, I still reread the books to this day. It would be interesting to see where the story goes, however I'd be concerned that Stephen King writing style (Highly in depth, very descriptive) would be lost in the transfer to comics.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, that what I was worried about too. However, this is a book series that he really cares about it, so hopefully he's overseeing the whole project.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I could be wrong (I only skimmed the site) but the feeling I got was this would be kind of the "untold" story of Roland between getting his guns and the goings-on in Mejis (or wherever Susan Delgado comes in).

Old Merits
    BG Level

Just read the synopsis. Looks to me like just a comic adaptation of Wizard and Glass.

Unless they're going to do the whole saga but start there since it's the earliest point chronologically, like how they reordered the Chronicles of Narnia a while back, putting what used to be book 6 in the book 1 spot (The Magician's Nephew).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Just read the synopsis. Looks to me like just a comic adaptation of Wizard and Glass.

Unless they're going to do the whole saga but start there since it's the earliest point chronologically, like how they reordered the Chronicles of Narnia a while back, putting what used to be book 6 in the book 1 spot (The Magician's Nephew).
    I suppose that would have been the smart thing to do. I guess them talking about the "boy's test" in the trailer threw me off, since I don't remember that they really talked about that in Wizard and Glass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'd like to see Mordred's consumption of Walter in comic book form!

Yes this is quite possible, however didn't they cover that already in Wizard and Glass?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought that Roland and co. didn't discover the plot that Walter had started until after they returned from Mejis? If that is the cast then I'm not sure how they'd work the plot in.

On another note, how many people were satisfied with the ending of the series? It seemed a bit rushed to me personally; and if it did end the way it was supposed to, don't you think Roland would have made different choices along the way?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Credos

Yes this is quite possible, however didn't they cover that already in Wizard and Glass?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought that Roland and co. didn't discover the plot that Walter had started until after they returned from Mejis? If that is the cast then I'm not sure how they'd work the plot in.

On another note, how many people were satisfied with the ending of the series? It seemed a bit rushed to me personally; and if it did end the way it was supposed to, don't you think Roland would have made different choices along the way?
    Spoilers I spose:
    I got sort of a Groundhog Day feeling out of it. He has to keep doing it until he gets it right. The fact that he has the horn this time around tells us it won't be exactly the same, and maybe this time he can save Eddie, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuketwig
    Quote Originally Posted by Credos

Spoilers I spose:
    I got sort of a Groundhog Day feeling out of it. He has to keep doing it until he gets it right. The fact that he has the horn this time around tells us it won't be exactly the same, and maybe this time he can save Eddie, etc.
    That's a good point. With the horn of Eld, he may be able to do some things different.