+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My mules were Aalona, and Fries. I remember a Taru from a long time ago named Aalona, but he quit and deleted his char, I i took over that name for my mule because it means "Aaron" in Hawaiian. Then my 2nd was Fries, who was a taru. I named him after food because I like {Taru Taru}{Meat dishes}!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Kaliden (Kal-a-din or Kal-eh-din just not Kally-den) Made it up, had a nice ring to it. I used it when I played Everquest for a grand total of two days.

My mules name is Takashi, saw it in the credits of some japanese film I watched.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    One night when I was at work, some of my friends were sitting around and decided that I needed a nickname. The great and powerful bastard Mattitude decided that I would be called "Septimus" from that day forward. Only he knows why he picked the name, but it stuck well and I use it (or the shortened version "Septy") for pretty much everything.

My mules Benu, Quetzal, Yel, Fenghaung, and Hooo are named after forms of the Phoenix.

My second character Atumre is named after the Pheronic sun god Ra-Atum. The Phoenix Benu is the Ba (soul) of Ra, connecting my mules to my second.

Yay talking about myself!
    I always think of optimus when I see your name... then I think of how he got shot in the movie... ;_;
    Beware of anyone's who's name ends with tron septimus.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Arc Knight is Elmdor's job from FFT.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well You see my name and you think I got it from Edge of early ff games. But I started "Tagging" myself Edge ever since JR high... I was around 10 at the time. Playing Nintendo and ff, I remember been inside a cave, crystal cave?... anyway out of nowhere comes out this ninja, named edge, Im like woah that my name...
    Fast foward to ffxi, ofcourse by the time ps2 version hits states Edge is taken... but since I wanted to be a mithra, Edgie fit her way better.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I couldn't think of anything cool, so I looked in the back of a medical dictionary, first cool word I saw was "Uroxin."

So I picked it, not knowing it has something to do with kidney stones or something

WHO DAT NATION
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Verb, because it's what you do.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Sieg is an online nickname given to me looooong ago. It's stuck ever since. I stuck Taru on the end since Sieg didn't work.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Sixunderground, in tribute to a favorite song by the Sneaker Pimps.

Jerseyprophet, in tribute to an old high school Ska band I was in.

Mules:
    Dillinger - in tribute to Dillinger Escape Plan
    Yuengling - greatest beer ever created

Old Merits
    BG Level

Verb's sig is fucking classic

New Merits
    BG Level

Lord= I was thinking it would be neat to have Lord in a FF LolRoleplaying game.

Lotus= DarkLoTuS was a favorite band of mine at the time I made the name.

Killer= To E-thug toughen the image up after having the wussy lord and flower in the name

= Lordlotuskiller or LLK.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

my character's name is martinius b/c i was reading 'picasso at the lapin agile' by steve martin when i started playing. my first two mules were named dedalus and leopold after the two main characters of james joyce's ulysses. yeah, im a book dork. my favorite mule tho is a taru male i have named gaius baltar, after one of the characters on battlestar galactica

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

In the back of Tolkien's The Silmarillion there is an appendix with elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names. Since I had made up my mind before I started to play the game that I wanted to be a DRG so I used Tur "Mastery, Power" and Maeg "Sharp, Piercing" Dropped the M since Turmaeg sounded stupid and made my name. I wish I could change my name to something from the Ulster cycle, since The Tain was better than The Silmarillion but I've already deleted my char once since DRG was depressing and leveling past 60 was a chore.

Mikedee because when I got on Miked was taken so I added the ee cause my grandparent's lisence plate at the time was "MIKENDEE".

No I'm not named after Mike D of the beastie boys.

Yes I am a fan =3

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Tofu : chinese soy cheese like this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...owen/TTofu.jpg

Had that nickname since elementary school for being the token chinese guy in a place full of caucasians ( I live in Brasil)

When i tryed to use it on FFXI Tofu was taken so i decided to shorten it to Tofs ( i know its not really shortening it since it still has the same amount of letters but adding an "s" is one possible way of shortening slang in portuguese).

PS : im not a Taru

PS2 : I also never played any other mmrpg and i dont know what this "Tower of Frozen Shadows" is i get asked if my name means that monthly

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Made Vyloan up for "Mirage Online", dunno if it's still around though.
    Few people have told me my name means something in Vietnamese, I don't know what though. 8( Wish I could change it, lotta reasons but mainly because it's so boring D:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakamaru
    Haka means "grave" in japanese. And maru is a meaningless name suffix that can literally be translated to "ball" or "orb". Everyone thinks I named my character for that damned Naruto dog.

Pronounced like a japanese word: Ha - Ka - Ma - Ru
    What about your original lolDrg named Ertyu?

You didn't create Hakamaru, you either obtained it from a friend or you bought it, lol.

"Objection!"
    LOL. Didn't see this before. No, you have me mistaken with Akamaaru... who probably did name his character for the Naruto dog. This is the same Hakamaru who started the account just before the PS2 launch. Nice try though.

Haka means "grave" in japanese. And maru is a meaningless name suffix that can literally be translated to "ball" or "orb". Everyone thinks I named my character for that damned Naruto dog.

Pronounced like a japanese word: Ha - Ka - Ma - Ru
    What about your original lolDrg named Ertyu?

You didn't create Hakamaru, you either obtained it from a friend or you bought it, lol.

"Objection!"
    LOL. Didn't see this before. No, you have me mistaken with Akamaaru... who probably did name his character for the Naruto dog. This is the same Hakamaru who started the account just before the PS2 launch. Nice try though.
    yes sorry Hakamaru, I apologised in a post couple down, after Mioko pointed it out, lol.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ohemgee

Because it was funny at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi
    Riceboi - I like eating rice and I'm a guy so yeah, Riceboi. The real definition of "Riceboi" is an asian who likes to soup up their import cars.
    and you live in Richmond, BC?

lol original name indeed!

you must be the asian riceboy whos not wearing a hat, lol

not really griping you, was just amusing I am sure you would agree lol.

Recent census showed that only 50% of households have english as their first language in that city.

Although to the common suburbanite that % is closer to 10% in Richmond, as opposed to 50 lol.
    50%? that's a lot less than I expected.
    I guessed around 80-90% when I visit my mom's acquintance there
    Pretty sure that was a 2004 census. But I remember the statistic vividly lol

regardless it was a 3 or so year old stat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast