Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Skott is just a my 1st name but with a K. Nothing special just simple.

Ungeheur = Ungeheuer = Monster or beast in german and well, I don't like to brag or anything, but i'm a beast in the pants if you get what I'm sayin~

The name Faranim originates from a pretty old DOS game called The Magic Candle III. There was an incredibly minor character in the game that sold magic spell books. In order to talk to him, you had to knock on his door and speak his name.

For whatever reason, it's what I chose to use as an AOL/AIM Screen Name back in like 7th grade (56k was the latest and greatest thing... not a whole lot of stuff on the internets back then).

I've been able to use it for virtually everything since then.

I have no idea why I remember that game. There was also a wizard named Rimfiztrick (I think that's how it's spelled). Again, absolutely no clue why I can recall character names from that game.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My name is Furtwangler. I didn't really know what to name myself when I started, I had a character called Hanz on my friends account before I got my own but didn't like it too much.

So I was at home in the middle of the character select screen and decided to whip out the local dictionary and look in the back there where all the famous people are. I was lookin for something russian sounding cus I find that funny but stumbled upon Wilhelm Furtwängler. So there it is.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Blackhand

I honestly don't remember why I picked this name. I don't really like it anymore. :/

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thistle-Chaser has been my online name for many many years. I was going to use it for my FFXI name, but people told me shorter would be better (since sometimes people type it out when not using macros) so I went with just Thistle. My first mule got the name Chaser.

And I'm really surprised this has made it to the second page without anyone being annoyed this was posted on the advanced player discussion board.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    And I'm really surprised this has made it to the second page without anyone being annoyed this was posted on the advanced player discussion board.
    Its probably because it gives people a chance to talk about themselves, lol. Narcissism ftw

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Onorok - it's a graffiti writer, and pronounced "oh - no - rock". I liked the pics I saw of their stuff and how they explained the name.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AIM conversation, paraphrased: "Hey, I'm starting a character in an MMORPG and need a name. I suck at coming up with names... got any ideas?"

I have no idea where she came up with Seyrr, but it seemed pretty decent at the time, and I don't hate it now, so it must have been a good choice!

First thing that came to my head.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    EQ1 random name generator~kept the name through ever MMO I've played now
    Same goes for me. However, the generator originally spat out "Solendar," not Soneldar. I reversed the n and the l when I transfered from Lanys to Druzzil. I've been using it ever since, however I have started using Kariyzn as a consistent alt name.

And I can sympathize with Jaffar on name affiliations: every time someone sees my name in an FPS, someone asks if it came from .hack. Gets old after a while.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Everyone asks me if my name comes from Diablo II. I don't play Blizzard games.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Scythe from Magus, last part from Sephiroth (yeah, I know, lolsephiroth).

Made this name probably 5+ years ago for registering on websites, e-mail, etc. and just stuck with it because its never taken.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    ts probably because it gives people a chance to talk about themselves, lol. Narcissism ftw
    Yeah, I was thinking that might be it.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My name in portuguese.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

http://www.lagunamov2k.com/FF6/ff6magiatac/image011.jpg

Unfortunately the name was taken, so I added an R.

Evelyn (/ˈɛ.və.lɪn/) - Irish/Gaelic for "life". Always thought it was a pretty name, and considering I'm irish, and a lot of mithra names have gaelic origins, sounded good for me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I like strange spellings of common words, so my first character was Ryvre. Kaige was my mule who eventually out leveled me, so we got separate accounts and I started over. I looked on the internet for Greek/Roman Goddess names that meant something cool. Originally I wanted Charybdis, Pyrena was my what I settled for after several failed attempts to get something original.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is a fun topic.

Toth was the name of the BLM used by the writers of Nintendo Power's NES Final Fantasy Strategy Guide released way back in '88 (has it been THAT long???). I always called my BLMs Toth ever since and well, FFXI was no exception :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    Its probably because it gives people a chance to talk about themselves, lol. Narcissism ftw
    I was so close to posting a jackass comment as the first response to him, and was going to ask a mod to move it into the newbie thread....but I bit my tongue. Psych, I actually got busy at work for an hour and got sidetracked from my real job of forum wh0ring.