BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Your FFXI name... What? Why? LOL? etc.

I was wondering what other people named their FFXI characters, and why. I bet there are some interesting stories! I thought it might make for a fun thread.

So what's your name? Where did you get that name? Is there a special meaning or story behind it? And if you've got a goofy name like my friends, Eiralys and Tlieaxu, how do you pronounce it?! Tell us all about it.

So, I guess I'll start things off...

My name is Isobel. It's pronounced "E-so-bell". I really wanted Cammy, but some JP already had it >_< I got Isobel from one of my favorite songs by Bjork. It's a great song, a unique name, and I thought it sounded good for a Mithra. Anyhow, here's a link to the video for Isobel if you're interested... http://www.bjork.com/videogallery/wa...o=7;size=large

That's it. OK, now it's your turn!

Shuemue, random name from FFXI generator. Sounded cute. Had never heard of Shenmue. Name now seen on RMT on other servers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Kael (Pronounced Kay-El)

I got it from the movie Willow. Even before the game came out, I knew I wanted to be a Dark Knight. And so I named it after the evil general in the movie.

I've had the name "Epidemic" since I began playing online games (Socom 1...best game evar!) and well if you don't know what it means you should be shot in the foot.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Natallon

idk how i came up with it. i knew i had Nat typed in (the first three letters of my real name) and then was just sounding things out and came up with Natallon haha

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Haka means "grave" in japanese. And maru is a meaningless name suffix that can literally be translated to "ball" or "orb". Everyone thinks I named my character for that damned Naruto dog.

Pronounced like a japanese word: Ha - Ka - Ma - Ru

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Jaffar was a character from Fire Emblem on the GBA, he was an assassin, the upgrade from thief, and just happened to be playing that when I decided to be a THF in XI.

If only i had 1 gil for every Aladdin joke i've heard...

Black Belt
    BG Level

My cousin is uh, kind of a famous musician >.>

The "win" part is just because I win at things in general.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Kuponut, originally wanted to be an Elvaan named Kupo, but decided to be a Taru since Elvaan scared me. Kupo was taken, so I decided to be named Kuponut. Great name for a Taru I think.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Ploid

Before ffxi or any online game I surfed gaming message boards and needed a name. Tried to get a name no one used and took a while to think something odd up. Don't know if I was eating chips or what but Ploid sounded like something I wanted to use (E-ploids). Used is fore every forum, and sometimes character since (1997).

Jaffar was a character from Fire Emblem on the GBA, he was an assassin, the upgrade from thief, and just happened to be playing that when I decided to be a THF in XI.

If only i had 1 gil for every Aladdin joke i've heard...
    Funny how I didn't realize your name was the same as a aladdin character until at the end. How could I have forgotten the good times. And very nice name.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Kuya, its filipino for older brother, sorta described me a bit in game i guess.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

I was trying to think of adorable names for Taru, and happened to be eating a bagel.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mioko (mee-oh-koh) is just a standard Japanese woman's name. Named after my Japanese friend Yuri's mother, nicest lady on the planet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Intense - The name came from back when I was in high school, I used to hang out with a party crew called "Intense." They threw underground parties/kick backs/etc in my area. Why I chose it? Everything else I liked was taken. My real name is Aaron and I wanted that, but it was used, and I didnt want to misspell my own name just to be able to use it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sendra, name of the main character+protagonist in a story I never got to writing. I use it for everything I can.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Stockyboy is my hotmail address lawl

The name I was shooting for was Lanfear, who was a character from the WoT series. Lanfear was taken, so I used the name she used when she was first introduced in the books, Selene.

Later on when making a mule, I tried Lanfear again out of curiousity and now I have a mule with the name my main character should have had.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

EQ1 random name generator~kept the name through ever MMO I've played now

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Fire - Wanted a name for a blm, seemed pretty straight foward.
    steak - wanted something completely random, and happened to be eating a steak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast