Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Blade:Jin and my loldmg     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Blade:Jin and my loldmg

    So i just hit 70 with nin and have preety decent gear i think but my Blade Jin is still preety low. Im hitting about 300ish on IT imps while my other ninja buddy is hitting 500+ He is an elvaan and i think has no str merits.

    As far as acc i have an O.hat, SH/Hauby, Chivchain, Sniper and venerer, and lifebelt for WS macro.

    Any advice :3

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,501
    BG Level
    6

    1000+ Jin = Win

  3. #3
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    940
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    1000+ Jin = Win
    nice advice.

  4. #4

    Raise Atk, STR and DEX? THis sounds stupidly obvious, but technically it's all you can do. What you have is good to start with, Okote, Rajas Ring and the remaining slots filled with just the best atk gear you can get for now. I'm not listing Accuracy here, since we're probably talking about exp pts and I assume you're eating sushi. With the acc+ gear you already listed that should be enough, however watch your tp return regularily, if you miss hits, then it's clear you need more acc.

    Personally, I find Jin with pre-lvl73/75 equipment pretty much of a gamble. It is, after all, based on critical hits, which proc with some random aspect. So your friend might just have been way more lucky than you, or he stored more tp.

  5. #5
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6

    First off have at least 15 acc in your weapon skill.

    Secondly stack as much STR into the skill as possible. Then add attack where you cant add STR. Dont bother stacking Dex into your skill because in the words of Ryko/Ruken(I dont remember which) lolmodifiers.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    First off have at least 15 acc in your weapon skill.

    Secondly stack as much STR into the skill as possible. Then add attack where you cant add STR. Dont bother stacking Dex into your skill because in the words of Ryko/Ruken(I dont remember which) lolmodifiers.
    I disagree to an extent. DEX is a modifier for katana ws, yes, and stacking it instead of STR alone is stupid. However, Jin specifically has TP enhance the chance of critical hit. More DEX = better chance of crit = higher Jin damage. The same can be said for Rampage, True Strike, etc. (this is one reason why haidate are a godsend). Stack STR liberally but include DEX where you can. If you can get a lot of both you'll see a noticable difference. At 70, though, it'll probably be a challenge to do so.

  7. #7
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    179
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Blade:Jin and my loldmg

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    So i just hit 70 with nin and have preety decent gear i think but my Blade Jin is still preety low. Im hitting about 300ish on IT imps while my other ninja buddy is hitting 500+ He is an elvaan and i think has no str merits.

    As far as acc i have an O.hat, SH/Hauby, Chivchain, Sniper and venerer, and lifebelt for WS macro.

    Any advice :3
    erm..I hope you got your WS numbers from a parser and not eyeballing it. Average jin for me at 75 varies around 650 with full STR merits and katanax8 (average depending on camp + bard songs.)

    he IS elvaan, and you don't say what race you are. Also you said you were 70. I assume he was the same level and in the same party? You'd be suprised at what a 1 level gap will do. If you aren't in the same party, did his pt have a bard? Anyways the difference between elvaan and hume at 75 is a whopping 5 STR.

    Also, Blade: Jin revolves a lot around critting/DA to pop out the higher end numbers. Also, most STR gear has DEX included so its a moot point. Also, there is definitely a noticable increase in WS dmg when using B.Haidate for Jin.

  8. #8
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3

    I've been trying to figure this out for a while, since I get consistently the best Jin damage using AF+1 hands over Koga Tekko (at night) and Bando Kotes. (The other NIN I normally merit with is Mithra, and she uses B. Kotes over AF+1, and that works best for her.)

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...fudo&start=100

    fSTR and pDIF are capping at some point. The point where you're capping fSTR and pDIF is going to change based on things like race/merits and probably where you're camping. When you reach that point, why not start boosting the secondary modifiers?

  9. #9
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Trythison
    I disagree to an extent. DEX is a modifier for katana ws, yes, and stacking it instead of STR alone is stupid. However, Jin specifically has TP enhance the chance of critical hit. More DEX = better chance of crit = higher Jin damage. The same can be said for Rampage, True Strike, etc. (this is one reason why haidate are a godsend). Stack STR liberally but include DEX where you can. If you can get a lot of both you'll see a noticable difference. At 70, though, it'll probably be a challenge to do so.
    True Strike is only one hit, so I would never bother trying to stack DEX over STR. And the only reason people would use it on anything serious would be THF or /THF, so they would critical it 100% anyhow.

    How much are your regular hits doing if your Blade Jin damage is so low? You have around +50 accuracy for your weaponskills which is a ton, especially if you're using sushi. It could also be a matter of katanas, if your friend is using Fudos, he'll have a slight crit advantage from just that. And if he's 71, he's probably using a Warwolf belt for Blade Jin. Anyhow, if you're using sushi, scale back on some of that accuracy and get some more STR/DEX/atk.

  10. #10
    I have no idea tbh
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    669
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Don't start to stress too heavily till 75, but do swap that venerer for a 2nd sniper.

    By then you'll have Merits, Warwolf, Senji/Fudo (if you go that route), and access to a lot more gear choices. Assume you're using Sole in most camps.

    Other suggestions include Flame rings, Rutters, Brutal, and many choices for hands (Kotes, Af+1 etc.)

  11. #11
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Thanks for the advice, I do swap in Rutters, a puisance (sp), and a garrolous ring for jin.

    I also use Fudo/Fudo but i havnt exped as much since i got 70 because of LS events. So i think i should start seeing a difference now. I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh

  12. #12
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh
    Here we go again...

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...ight=senj+fudo

  13. #13
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    ty once again for the gewddd info

  14. #14
    Tom Wilson will never be good.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,594
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    there are like 20 threads about ninja gear. should have just searched..

    go here: http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/14854.html#cutid1

    read his stuff about ninja and scroll down to his exp gear. learn it, love it, it's the best advice you will get.

  15. #15
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh
    Here we go again...

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...ight=senj+fudo
    Classic! I still can't belive the results of that poll

  16. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh
    Here we go again...

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...ight=senj+fudo
    Classic! I still can't belive the results of that poll
    S and F does actually outdamage S and U with a 20% haste setup, with AF+1 body and suppa. Had my highest parsing results for average dmg per battle by 50ish - 100ish ( All was taken in the same party over a case of 50 battles per katana setup)

    ninja edit: thats just tp setup >.> theres WS gear too

  17. #17
    Tom Wilson will never be good.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,594
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    50+ different ppl have parsed every combo of katanas and none of them agree. From every thread I've read, there isn't much of a difference between U/U S/U and S/F. Use w/e combo you like. No real point trying to argue which is better.

  18. #18
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    50+ different ppl have parsed every combo of katanas and none of them agree. From every thread I've read, there isn't much of a difference between U/U S/U and S/F. Use w/e combo you like. No real point trying to argue which is better.
    Your "common sense" and "logic" have no place here.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    50+ different ppl have parsed every combo of katanas and none of them agree. From every thread I've read, there isn't much of a difference between U/U S/U and S/F. Use w/e combo you like. No real point trying to argue which is better.
    most of time people dont do the following
    1) do every parse in same pt with all pt members doing the same exact stuff they've been doing (this is a BIG variable)
    2)Take it over a long enough period of time, 50 battles (Per weapon setup) is enough imo anything less is meh
    3) same mob types as well dont move from caederva mire to like mamool ja or something
    4)Consistant haste for EVERY member in the pt, a one minute lag spike without haste where one member doesnt have haste and other two do can change results. (might want to just do no haste if its too hard for newbie mages lol)

    I'm probably forgetting another variable or two that people tend to ignore all i could come up with while exping my cor. Also i do agree that the damage is marginally different between the three and its nothing groundbreaking between em all i'm just saying what ive proven with my own personal testing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Perdu Blade/Hayabusa and NIN75 EQ
    By Fockr in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2008-05-29, 08:14
  2. Blade Jin TP return question
    By Lawliet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2007-04-18, 13:40
  3. Blade: Jin and Hand gear
    By Falaras in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2007-03-16, 15:13
  4. NIN Blade:Jin WS Quick Question
    By Btight in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2006-11-23, 11:27