BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade:Jin and my loldmg     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blade:Jin and my loldmg

So i just hit 70 with nin and have preety decent gear i think but my Blade Jin is still preety low. Im hitting about 300ish on IT imps while my other ninja buddy is hitting 500+ He is an elvaan and i think has no str merits.

As far as acc i have an O.hat, SH/Hauby, Chivchain, Sniper and venerer, and lifebelt for WS macro.

Any advice :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

1000+ Jin = Win

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    1000+ Jin = Win
    nice advice.

Raise Atk, STR and DEX? THis sounds stupidly obvious, but technically it's all you can do. What you have is good to start with, Okote, Rajas Ring and the remaining slots filled with just the best atk gear you can get for now. I'm not listing Accuracy here, since we're probably talking about exp pts and I assume you're eating sushi. With the acc+ gear you already listed that should be enough, however watch your tp return regularily, if you miss hits, then it's clear you need more acc.

Personally, I find Jin with pre-lvl73/75 equipment pretty much of a gamble. It is, after all, based on critical hits, which proc with some random aspect. So your friend might just have been way more lucky than you, or he stored more tp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

First off have at least 15 acc in your weapon skill.

Secondly stack as much STR into the skill as possible. Then add attack where you cant add STR. Dont bother stacking Dex into your skill because in the words of Ryko/Ruken(I dont remember which) lolmodifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    First off have at least 15 acc in your weapon skill.

Secondly stack as much STR into the skill as possible. Then add attack where you cant add STR. Dont bother stacking Dex into your skill because in the words of Ryko/Ruken(I dont remember which) lolmodifiers.
    I disagree to an extent. DEX is a modifier for katana ws, yes, and stacking it instead of STR alone is stupid. However, Jin specifically has TP enhance the chance of critical hit. More DEX = better chance of crit = higher Jin damage. The same can be said for Rampage, True Strike, etc. (this is one reason why haidate are a godsend). Stack STR liberally but include DEX where you can. If you can get a lot of both you'll see a noticable difference. At 70, though, it'll probably be a challenge to do so.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Blade:Jin and my loldmg

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    So i just hit 70 with nin and have preety decent gear i think but my Blade Jin is still preety low. Im hitting about 300ish on IT imps while my other ninja buddy is hitting 500+ He is an elvaan and i think has no str merits.

As far as acc i have an O.hat, SH/Hauby, Chivchain, Sniper and venerer, and lifebelt for WS macro.

Any advice :3
    erm..I hope you got your WS numbers from a parser and not eyeballing it. Average jin for me at 75 varies around 650 with full STR merits and katanax8 (average depending on camp + bard songs.)

he IS elvaan, and you don't say what race you are. Also you said you were 70. I assume he was the same level and in the same party? You'd be suprised at what a 1 level gap will do. If you aren't in the same party, did his pt have a bard? Anyways the difference between elvaan and hume at 75 is a whopping 5 STR.

Also, Blade: Jin revolves a lot around critting/DA to pop out the higher end numbers. Also, most STR gear has DEX included so its a moot point. Also, there is definitely a noticable increase in WS dmg when using B.Haidate for Jin.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've been trying to figure this out for a while, since I get consistently the best Jin damage using AF+1 hands over Koga Tekko (at night) and Bando Kotes. (The other NIN I normally merit with is Mithra, and she uses B. Kotes over AF+1, and that works best for her.)

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...fudo&start=100

fSTR and pDIF are capping at some point. The point where you're capping fSTR and pDIF is going to change based on things like race/merits and probably where you're camping. When you reach that point, why not start boosting the secondary modifiers?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Trythison
    I disagree to an extent. DEX is a modifier for katana ws, yes, and stacking it instead of STR alone is stupid. However, Jin specifically has TP enhance the chance of critical hit. More DEX = better chance of crit = higher Jin damage. The same can be said for Rampage, True Strike, etc. (this is one reason why haidate are a godsend). Stack STR liberally but include DEX where you can. If you can get a lot of both you'll see a noticable difference. At 70, though, it'll probably be a challenge to do so.
    True Strike is only one hit, so I would never bother trying to stack DEX over STR. And the only reason people would use it on anything serious would be THF or /THF, so they would critical it 100% anyhow.

How much are your regular hits doing if your Blade Jin damage is so low? You have around +50 accuracy for your weaponskills which is a ton, especially if you're using sushi. It could also be a matter of katanas, if your friend is using Fudos, he'll have a slight crit advantage from just that. And if he's 71, he's probably using a Warwolf belt for Blade Jin. Anyhow, if you're using sushi, scale back on some of that accuracy and get some more STR/DEX/atk.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't start to stress too heavily till 75, but do swap that venerer for a 2nd sniper.

By then you'll have Merits, Warwolf, Senji/Fudo (if you go that route), and access to a lot more gear choices. Assume you're using Sole in most camps.

Other suggestions include Flame rings, Rutters, Brutal, and many choices for hands (Kotes, Af+1 etc.)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the advice, I do swap in Rutters, a puisance (sp), and a garrolous ring for jin.

I also use Fudo/Fudo but i havnt exped as much since i got 70 because of LS events. So i think i should start seeing a difference now. I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh
    Here we go again...

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...ight=senj+fudo

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ty once again for the gewddd info

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

there are like 20 threads about ninja gear. should have just searched..

go here: http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/14854.html#cutid1

read his stuff about ninja and scroll down to his exp gear. learn it, love it, it's the best advice you will get.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ehran
    I also wanted to know (kinda obvious) does dmg become more consistent with Senj/Fudo? prolly does huh
    Here we go again...

Classic! I still can't belive the results of that poll

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehran
    Here we go again...

Classic! I still can't belive the results of that poll
    S and F does actually outdamage S and U with a 20% haste setup, with AF+1 body and suppa. Had my highest parsing results for average dmg per battle by 50ish - 100ish ( All was taken in the same party over a case of 50 battles per katana setup)

ninja edit: thats just tp setup >.> theres WS gear too

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

50+ different ppl have parsed every combo of katanas and none of them agree. From every thread I've read, there isn't much of a difference between U/U S/U and S/F. Use w/e combo you like. No real point trying to argue which is better.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    50+ different ppl have parsed every combo of katanas and none of them agree. From every thread I've read, there isn't much of a difference between U/U S/U and S/F. Use w/e combo you like. No real point trying to argue which is better.
    Your "common sense" and "logic" have no place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    most of time people dont do the following
    1) do every parse in same pt with all pt members doing the same exact stuff they've been doing (this is a BIG variable)
    2)Take it over a long enough period of time, 50 battles (Per weapon setup) is enough imo anything less is meh
    3) same mob types as well dont move from caederva mire to like mamool ja or something
    4)Consistant haste for EVERY member in the pt, a one minute lag spike without haste where one member doesnt have haste and other two do can change results. (might want to just do no haste if its too hard for newbie mages lol)

I'm probably forgetting another variable or two that people tend to ignore all i could come up with while exping my cor. Also i do agree that the damage is marginally different between the three and its nothing groundbreaking between em all i'm just saying what ive proven with my own personal testing