Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Convert as Taru RDM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Convert as Taru RDM

Right now as 72 RDM/WHM My vert macro gives me a 931/925 HP:MP ratio, have 2 HP merits, 3 MP merits, nothing special in my convert macro really, and I do not have any Crimson gear for lvl 73. Current setup (nothing very special at all) is AF1 head, body, grandiose chain, tamas ring, prism cape, hierarch belt, yigit legs, yigit feet, yigit hands. Some gear I'd like to get eventually would be whands, wfeet, @ lvl 75 can use Walahra Turban for 30HP/MP.

Other then the crimson gear, would like to see what some Taru RDM are using for converting. I will probably finish off HP merits for 5HP/3MP or maybe do 4/4, not completely sure yet. Just looking for some suggestions from other RDMs. Thanks

edit: Also got Zmitts, Zslacks, Zcrown, but I think these would do more harm than good.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Im a tarutaru with fully merited MP (8/8 ) and when I first start a merit pt I go full MP gear bringing me up to 1220 mp w/o food to start. Once I run out of MP and convert all of my -HP gear is off and Ill put on a SH +15 HP and my RSE 65 gloves for +65 hp. I'm in the same boat as u where I dont have any Crimson/Blood gear yet, but I still get up to 975 HP and convert it which is more then enough to last me 10 mins in a merit pt.

Also noticed your using Prism cape, depending if ur meriting or fighting HNM but in merits I like to use an Intensifying cape for +30HP and +30 MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't forget the Turbo Turban for an extra 30HP and MP.

Re: Convert as Taru RDM

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Don't forget the Turbo Turban for an extra 30HP and MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Some gear I'd like to get eventually would be whands, wfeet, @ lvl 75 can use Walahra Turban for 30HP/MP.
    YESSIR. Anyway, I'm Taru RDM as well, not 75 for longtime, but since it's my 3rd job to 75 I wanted to do everything right from the start.
    Currently my Convert ratio is around 990/1000 for /blm and the other way round for /whm. That's pretty nice already, but of course I'd like more. I've got some RSE hands in MH somewhere but totally lacking the inventory space to carry gear around, only for the sake of convert.

My Vert gear consists of stuff that I macro in for other spells in exp or hnm'ing as well, profiting more from each piece of equip:
    Walahra Turban (ok, I lied, this one really only exists for us rdms to convert, but it's so winning, idc)
    Grandiose Chain
    Af Body
    Magnetic Earring
    Dusk Gloves
    Prism Cape
    Hierarch Belt
    Crimson Cuisses

I'm a few coins off Loc. Earring, and working on W.Feet. Once I both have these I might actually get around to use my RSE gloves for a nice ~1050/1050. However, to reach up to those 1050 HP from enfeebling/curing gear i'd have to use cure III before verting, which would negate those 50MP almost. So I'm still undecided...

O damn, completely forgot about that Cape, I'll have to pick one up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Intensifying cape is good for another +30 hp/mp

I'm hume and my convert gear puts me at 1051 hp & mp with /whm. My Hp before convert is ~1051 so all my convert gear does is add mp. 0 zenith, crimson boots, but they stay in storage, 8 mp merits.

New Merits
    BG Level

Jepedo had a pretty pimp vert setup for taru RDM posted on KI. Let me dig it up...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...convert0xo.jpg

I believe that was with 8/8 HP merits as well.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

One goal for my convert setup was to be able to cast Cure IV twice then switch back to regular casting gear and have a full mp bar.