Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WAR gear for TP burn without Rajas/Suppa

From the "Joyeuse question" thread...

Right now I'm career PLD, but have been lvling WAR and COR for meriting faster/easier and one or another endgame event, like Salvage/Limbus (everything else I'll still come as PLD most likely, maybe COR on Grand Wyrms). With that in mind, my resources are focused on pimping my PLD (no suppa/rajas. Capped shield merits, +enm...). But I was wondering what alternatives I could use for gear and if I could/should fully merit Sword now to offhand Joyeuse (dont say "Ridill" :/) when my WAR is up there or if I should stick for axe/axe (and if so, should I merit that later when WAR is up? not like I engage HNMs on PLD anyways).

Current gear I'm have/am aiming for is:

Head: Turban (O. Hat for WS)
    Neck: Chiv Chain (ideally would have a peacock, but not sure when/if I will get that)
    Body: Hauberk
    Waist: Potent Belt (got Swift and Warwolf too, not sure if I should use either anytime)
    Back: Amemet+1
    Hands: Not sure yet, ideally aiming for Dusk Gloves*.
    Legs: The DRG/WAR JSE one, with jump tp bonus and +str/atk. NQ
    Feet: AF (Amir Boots for WS)
    Rings: Sniper's Ringx2 (???* for WS)
    Earrings: Aiming for Brutal Earring, also got Coral and Minuet Earring (I always have BRD in pt so..).
    Ammo: Bomb Core

Weapons: Maneater*/Joyeuse or Wood*/Mane*.

All items marked with a "*" are items I dont have yet, some of these I probably will have by the time I reach 75, but some I might not and so I would like suggestions to replace them. The Rings/Earrings are the most tricky part for me because I dont really know what I should use as alternatives since I didnt pick Suppa nor Rajas.
    Anyways, thanks in advance for any input.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't use Potent for TPing if you own a Swift Belt.

Also a Merman's Earring is better then a Minuet, the acc from Minuet is pretty minor and the STR and DEX boost on the earring really don't do anything.

Also Axe/Axe, Joyeuse as an offhand if you don't own a Suppa honestly won't be that good.

this also depends on what food you're using.

If using meat without a bard stack on more acc, like using optical and life belt for regular melee.

But if using sushi, accuracy is less of a deal, slash on the haste crap.

Gearing up your warrior is mostly dependant on the following:

-what mobs you are fighting
    -whether or not you have a bard, and what songs the bard is using.
    -whether you got ridill or not
    -and finally based on the top 3 you then decide whether you can get away with Meat, or have to use sushi.

Then the rest of your gear really comes into play lol

Head: Turban (o hat for WS)
    Neck: Chiv Chain
    Body: Hauberk
    Waist:Swift belt (potent for WS)
    Back: Amemet+1
    Hands: Dusk Gloves
    Legs: Exorcist's Hose
    Feet: Dusk Ledelsens or Amir Boots
    Rings: Sniper's Ringx2 (Flame Rings for WS)
    Earrings: Fowling Earring/ Brutal
    Ammo: Bomb Core

Weapons: Wood/Maneater

Get soem Axe merits if you can and use att food~

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

TPing with Rajas is better than an ACC ring??

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    Store TP+5 will get you to 100 faster so long as losing 5-7 accuracy doesn't ruin your hit rate.

Rajas + Mars Ring seems like it'd be insanely awesome.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Store TP+5 will get you to 100 faster so long as losing 5-7 accuracy doesn't ruin your hit rate.

That why Ruke is a god?

Quote Originally Posted by Drksyn

That why Ruke is a god?
    I hate using sushi. Would still prefer TPing in ACC rings only though, even w/ sushi. store tp +5 doesnt necessarily get you to 100 faster since youre hitting got 6 TP per axe. Not in the mood to do math atm, but id imagine acc ring would be alot more valuable regardless.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, Mars' Ring gives 8 acc, 8 attack. Raja's gives 5 STR and 5 DEX which is 2.5 incidental attack and acc. So using Mars/Raja's over 2x Sniper's, you'd have the same acc as 2 Sniper's, plus you'd gain 5 STR, 5 Dex, Store TP+5 and about 10 attack.

Of course like you said you could use Mars/Sniper for even more acc...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What about during HNMs? I'm afraid to get Rajas because it could end up being a WS piece. VT EXP mobs, Rajas is good on but then you get to Colibri camp, IT mamools in mamook or NIN/THF mamools Rajas just doesn't look appealing.

And does it really helps you get TP faster?? Store TP+5 = 5% additional TP gain, if you get 11-13% TP gain, it doesn't seem to help you get 100% TP any faster (the number of swings are the same). But from 14TP and up, it will reduce you swing by 1. Are there any test done that proves that it actually reduces the swing for an axe/axe/ridill WAR?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

a combination of str+5 dex+5 atk+2.5 acc+2.5 subtle blow, store tp.. well, vs acc 5. i wear sniper+1 and rajas, 2.5-5 acc isnt enough to justify my hiding my accomplishment and the other benefits of the ring. it's no question to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Exp party, by all means rajas. HNM and such... might wanna makes sure you either connect or hit harder than a paladin...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    a combination of str+5 dex+5 atk+2.5 acc+2.5 subtle blow, store tp.. well, vs acc 5. i wear sniper+1 and rajas, 2.5-5 acc isnt enough to justify my hiding my accomplishment and the other benefits of the ring. it's no question to me.
    We are 100% positive that 2DEX = 1 ACC? Or it's just something everyone uses nowaday because no one actually knows the correlation between DEX and ACC?

Exp party, by all means rajas. HNM and such... might wanna makes sure you either connect or hit harder than a paladin...
    Are you saying Rajas is no good for HNMs or use Rajas for HNM so you won't hit like a PLD??

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm saying that Rajas won't be as practical given the fact that most HNM have above average Def and/or Eva.

Of course if no other option is available, I wouldn't spit on the StoreTP/Sublte Blow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We are 100% positive that 2DEX = 1 ACC? Or it's just something everyone uses nowaday because no one actually knows the correlation between DEX and ACC?
    Well, if we just trust what JP player tested from ancient times, we can just take 2 DEX gives 1 accuracy ( = is really bad..., people will misunderstand it).

Anyway, even if we know how much our accuracy is and also if we know how much is enemy's evasion is (hahaha this is almost impossible). It's still kinda useless...
    up until now, no one ever generate a chart of acc - eva (or is it going to be acc/eva?) with respect to expected hit-rate

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

looks like mithras across servers who go from the same hair stylist and wear the same armor do agree on the same ring setup
    my rajas stays on my left paw(ring2), how about you?
    /whisperwhisper... are you my sister?

Vobent

Mar's/Divisor.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Nny did some tests on the old forums and found this to be true, by removing acc till a mob conned even, then adding Dex till it conned low evasion. He also found out the 0.9acc/skill post 200 during these tests.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What about during HNMs? I'm afraid to get Rajas because it could end up being a WS piece. VT EXP mobs, Rajas is good on but then you get to Colibri camp, IT mamools in mamook or NIN/THF mamools Rajas just doesn't look appealing.

And does it really helps you get TP faster?? Store TP+5 = 5% additional TP gain, if you get 11-13% TP gain, it doesn't seem to help you get 100% TP any faster (the number of swings are the same). But from 14TP and up, it will reduce you swing by 1. Are there any test done that proves that it actually reduces the swing for an axe/axe/ridill WAR?

Axe ridill war tp is all over the place. With ridill being close to 5-6 and axe 7, your tp could be anywhere. Also, I'm rarely blink tanking perfectly in xp pt, so chance I will get hit by aoe or normal attack for additional +2tp is there. I'm sure we could do a long study about the probability to hit 94-99%tp considering factor like acc for both hand, tp gained, chance to get hit, but 5% tp is just an additional bonus, I would probably still equip rajas ring for the 5str/5dex only.

I'm not sure if it's exactly that, but Byakko haidate is pretty damn close to 7acc when you take it off.

Also, keep in mind 5dex ~= 0.35/0.5 crit hit increase. There was probably more accurate study done, but 2 years ago on weapon, I was getting a 1.6-1.8%crit increase for 20dex

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    looks like mithras across servers who go from the same hair stylist and wear the same armor do agree on the same ring setup
    my rajas stays on my left paw(ring2), how about you?
    /whisperwhisper... are you my sister?
    Wood/Rajas :\ (I'm poor!)