Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Another AV thread(depopped long ago:( )

was thinking about posting in the fairy thread but that was sooo derailed >_>

AD and lunarians currently dicking around with AV and the only real plan we have is to kill 2 out of 3 wynavs for him to resummon then kill it again. The past few times we locked him was due to killing sets of 3 over and over and it got to a point he stopped summoning them and using 2hr but got gayed cause still casted magic, so the only hope really is to keep killing 2/3 hoping to lock him then kill sets of 3 to finish locking wynavs too. There is some correlation between the wynavs and locking av as was discussed in the other av threads just don't know how. Might be worthless with all the ninja updates they do to fix and unfix this mob but any other ideas to try?

Boooo!

/tosses drink

had enough threads on fucking AV popping and people touching themselves while in its presence.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wouldn't need moar if they'd just fix this mob or tell us wtf is up with it! I mean seriously how fucking long has this shit been out and no one's been able to figure it out lol or when we do it get's ninjafix'd

When AV was lockable, if you had a fully-locked AV and then had hate-reset (CFH, wipe, aggro-loss from kiting) he'd recover spells but not 2Hs. I'd be willing to bet that many of the previous partial-locks were due to some kind of intermediate hate-reset between the actual lock and when the LS engaged him (e.g. thf kites AV away, someone else pulls the wyverns and they are killed, thf dies or loses hate and AV wanders back, LS engages him where he is partially locked).

Even if that isn't the case, just as many LSs have locked him killing all the wynavs at once, so it'd probably be easier to do that and see what happens. As far as I know, at last report he wasn't lockable at all, full, partial, or otherwise.

Maybe SE doesn't want it taken out whatsoever?

Didn't SE do that in Everquest 1 ages ago?

released some ridiculous monster that was simply unbeatable?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio

They did yeah, but the problem is that AV HAS been killed, more than once, and has actual drops. It's really ghey for them to cock-block us now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think Everquest is a Sony venture, not Square-Enix

My LS did some testing with AV the last time we got it to pop, messed around with SC+MB shit according to elements but we have nothing solid on it as of yet. I thought we did lock his Regen by doing something with this method, but once he lost aggro he got his Regen totally back, others said he did have his Regen while we were fighting it but i never saw it myself. Hopefully we'll continue testing with this kinda stuff the next time we get it to spawn.

Xavier

SE = Square-Enix

or

SE = Sony Entertainment or something

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Thought it was So(online)E

it's SOE

Xavier

I covered my bases with "or something" \:D/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I covered my bases with "or something" \:D/
    I'll cover your ""bases"" if you let me touch your shield <3

Xavier

STAY AWAY FROM MY BACKDOOR

I wrote something out in page 12 of the fairy thread.. you could try it out if you're bored and have decent white mages.

Banned.

BG Level

ELEMENTAL BASED SCS WITH DRAGOONS HAVE A 2.5% CHANCE OF LOCKING IT, AND YOU GOT ONE SHOT NIGGA, THIS AINT SKY

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

AV is such a waste of code, I mean for all we know the times it did lock it could of been glitched making people believe a LS did something special to lock it. GM's get called all the time on people using "unfair methods" like the famous footprint trick, you would figure by now SE would give us some sort of small tidbit info about AV so that people didn't resort to tactics that could get their whole LS thrown into jail.

Banned.

BG Level

youd think se would make sea not suck and give people the recipe for goblin drink at an npc instead of waiting a year and a half

youd think se would make something better then a ridill after 3 years and something better then black belt after 3 years

youd think se would have better representitives then mr idk

its best not to think

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire

They did yeah, but the problem is that AV HAS been killed, more than once, and has actual drops. It's really ghey for them to cock-block us now.
    Not to mention the EQ1 NPC in question was Kerafym, The Sleeper. He was an EVENT monster not intended to be killed. HE DID NOT HAVE A LOOT TABLE... AV DOES. He only appeard once per server (except in a few rare occasions where ST got reset on a server)...

They are nowhere near the same concept.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Maybe there is no trick. Maybe you're just supposed to endure his wrath as best as possible, and it's a roll of the dice as to whether he uses Bene before you can kill him.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I can just see how ffxi is going to effect future MMO's there is going to be a list of blunders of what NOT to do and most of them are going to come straight from FFXI.