Asura

Vista in your machine? (Up:30 Jan 2007)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Your topic imply I wanted it in the first place.

Are those test really conclusive anyway? Imo, it's just show both nvidia /radeon havent tweaked their driver yet, but I think it was the same with window xp when it was released. Those result are probably...hopefully going to change in a couple of month.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gameplay Stinks with RTM Vista and Current Drivers
    Key word.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lolvista

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Wonder how many will be singing a different tune when DX10 games hit the market and there's a good selection of hardware that supports it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    Wonder how many will be singing a different tune when DX10 games hit the market and there's a good selection of hardware that supports it.
    UR ALL GONNA LAFF WHEN BLUERAY GOES HOLLYWOOD

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tests showing how hardware performs better on the OS it was made for than on the one it wasn't
    AMAZING DISCOVERY!1!!

I never would have guessed

Next thing you're going to tell me PS2s run PS2 DVDs better than PC emulators too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh Vista is overrated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DX10 itself is fine so far... I don't hear many complaints about it

but Vista ... I haven't heard so much complaint over an OS (lol @ someone trying to install software on vista, but only got it through on 3rd attempt)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    DX10 itself is fine so far... I don't hear many complaints about it

but Vista ... I haven't heard so much complaint over an OS (lol @ someone trying to install software on vista, but only got it through on 3rd attempt)
    Dunno where you hearing these things, but from the things ive heard Vista is giving the least hardships compared to previous OS'. XP was the worst.

Ive installed Vista on about 10 comps now, all different, and have yet to personally have a problem.

DX10 games are not going to hit the market anytime soon.

You would have to be totally stupid(or Microsoft is paying you millions) to be a game producer and make games that are Vista only with all the windows 2000/XP machines still out there.

Is it out yet?
    And how much is it going to cost?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i have a rebate form for the upgrade cd that i will fill out, does anyone know how it performs on a computer that only does business things(internet, word/excel/ppt) in other words not gaming(i have 2gb ram)

I'll eventually have to get this because of all the new and sexy ass games that'll require the OS to run. I really don't want it though because I don't think my PC could handle it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    I'll eventually have to get this because of all the new and sexy ass games that'll require the OS to run. I really don't want it though because I don't think my PC could handle it.
    I don't think there's any upcoming game that really ->require<- vista

at least if I'm the developer, I won't make my move onto vista right now

I don't really see a compelling reason to move to Vista any time soon unless you just like shiny things. There are a lot of things to like about it, but the truth is that if you're happy with XP, it's going to be a long time before there's a good reason to upgrade.

If you're buying a new computer though, it'll be worth it. That's generally what I recommend to people who ask me if they should get Vista.

I haven't heard so much complaint over an OS (lol @ someone trying to install software on vista, but only got it through on 3rd attempt)
    You should have been listening when Windows ME was the new fad, wonder how many reverted back to 98 after a month of shitty drivers and support.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    I haven't heard so much complaint over an OS (lol @ someone trying to install software on vista, but only got it through on 3rd attempt)
    You should have been listening when Windows ME was the new fad, wonder how many reverted back to 98 after a month of shitty drivers and support.
    lolWindowsME

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

DX10 is it's only selling point for me. Unfortunately, if doesn't exist right now. And quite honestly, I think the same problem with DX9 will happen with DX10. See, you have a brand spanking new DX version with this cool stuff to make games look even better. Problem is, these new DX games are going to be real killers, on your system as a whole. ATI and nVidia will be comming out with budget DX10 cards, like with DX9. Sure, you get all the features, but it's going to be slow as hell. Slower than the last generation's mid range cards. So what you get in the end, is pretty graphics running at 5 fps, which does you no good but to spend money on a new video card that isn't any better than what you had before. And if games keep following the same pattern they do now, games will be more and more like movies. Today, they seem like all graphics and the gameplay sucks balls. It looks really cool at first. You buy it, play it through once and never again because it got boring. *cough*Oblivion*cough*

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know what makes people interested in Oblivion
    but the bloom effect really deter me to touch the game