+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Ghandi was indian(like from the country India, not native american). If you don't know that a long held stereotype of indians is that they all work in convenience stores(see Simpsons "I'm gonna party like it's on sell for $19.99!") or as cab drivers (see Independence Day "He took a cab!") you are so far out of touch with reality it is insane or have completely lost your objectivity.

It is just like saying MLK picked cotton down at the plantation.
    Because running a gas station is even remotely close to being a slave.

Or stealing a bike.

And regardless of it all, my point has absolutely nothing to do with rather Hillary has any prejudice, in fact my point was that absolutely everyone does.

For some reason I was thinking Ghandi was African not Indian, so the Indian guys owning gas stations thing didn't cross my mind. But really, it furthers my point. If the candidate were Indian, they wouldn't be able to win either because again, the prejudice is there.

You can keep going on about anything you can possibly find that reinforces your opinion which is simply what Rush Limbaugh told your dad, but you can't come up with any real reason she would not be a good president. And neither can anyone else that's not wearing a tin foil hat and a "More Bush presidents!" pin.

There are real issues here, far beyond "zomg her opinions change when we get new facts wtf?!" and "zomg she's gonna ban video games burn her!" Let alone "zomg she's Bill's wife and despite the massive evidence supporting the claim that Clinton was one of the best presidents we've ever had, he got a blow job!!!!!111!1oneone!! HEZ TEH DEVIL!" SHE'S VICKI VALENCOURT!!!!

Perhaps you should consider them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Plow...you rather missed the joke. And I said hundred. No one would have room for a few thousand bikes, that's just crazy.
    No, I didn't miss the joke at all.

The fact that you would make the joke, and you're a supporter says it all.

Do you not realize that the reason everyone jokes about black people and women and shit is because the racism and sexism is really there? No matter how small, it's there. And you're a supporter. The other side is apparently bigger than you have any idea.

Don't forget that old people vote more than anyone else.
    Holy hell...welcome to the trouble with modern American society. Sometimes a joke is just a joke. Quite often people should lighten the fuck up about it too. The whole cleansing of everything we say or do to ensure political correctness is rather tiring. I joke about white people and the Irish as well, sue me.

The fact that a BG-centric bike joke (hello there Ryko) that's been done to death should, at worst, be cause for a groan because you've seen it here 100 times before. Not to raise the "You're a Racist" placards.
    That's why I attempted to not flame you, because I know YOU in particular aren't a card carrying member of the KKK or something. But it's also kind of sad that people act like it isn't there at all. A black friend of mine, last year, working as a volunteer nurse at a local hospital, left a room after attending to an older man because the man was a dead-set racist. "Get this n*gger outta my room, don't touch me!" kinda deal. Yea, in 2006. It's usually not that obvious, but there are so many little things that go on that people can't really prove are there, and yet still are, so many people just ignore what is still a pretty serious issue in a lot of the U.S. Even though it thankfully gets almost no publicity, the KKK still does rally in downtown Indianapolis every summer. It's a real shame, but this is one of the things more likely to rotate out as the generation used to more "mixing up" per se, get older and stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level

Holy hell...welcome to the trouble with modern American society. Sometimes a joke is just a joke. Quite often people should lighten the fuck up about it too. The whole cleansing of everything we say or do to ensure political correctness is rather tiring. I joke about white people and the Irish as well, sue me.

The fact that a BG-centric bike joke (hello there Ryko) that's been done to death should, at worst, be cause for a groan because you've seen it here 100 times before. Not to raise the "You're a Racist" placards.
    It was nothing of the sort. I was not saying anything personal in any way shape or form.

Those jokes exist because racism exists. It's a simple fact.

When was the last time you heard a joke about "How do you get a white guy out of a tree?"

And if you ever did, I'll bet the punchline was a tad different.

Rather you are or not, there *ARE* people out there that absolutely will not vote for a black man, or a woman, period. Especially among the older Americans. And guess what? Those are the most likely people to vote.

All I'm saying is that if you guys look at a woman or a black man winning the white house and think "Oh the majority of people wouldn't vote against someone because of that," and therefore it's not an issue... You're sadly mistaken. A typical presidential race is going to be very close, within a few % generally. I would venture to say easily 1/10, probably closer to 2/10 of all people that vote, would not vote for a black person or a woman, period. That is an absolutely enormous obstacle... 10-20%... look at what nader did to gore by snagging about 3%...

53 years ago an EXTREMELY controversial and hard fought case was fought in the Supreme Court. The opponents were rich, powerful, violent, and numerous. This cause they were fighting against? Allowing black people into white people's schools. People were murdered, houses were burned, lives were ruined. And this was just to let "them" into the schools. This is to let "them" into the White House...

Many of those people are still alive. Many of their families are among the most powerful in the world.

Race matters. Sex matters. The first woman or black man to become president (if it happens before the U.S. and/or the world ends heh) will have to be the absolute most popular politician EVER, able to absolutely dominate the vote among "reasonable" people and many of the idiots and psychos as well. A newbie and a woman with 20 years of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly psycho rants on her back do not fit that description.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Well, Plow said it better than I ever could. Yea, I have to agree with him on that, people around the U.S. have this bad habit of ignoring and not talking about some really serious stuff that's still around, because it's so easy and convienient for them. A woman or black man actually winning the presidency would be so much more groundbreaking than a lot of people realize, which is why it has a good chance of not happening for a very long time. I also expect them to be assasinated (or at least a few more attempted than usual).

Or stealing a bike.
    So racial stereotypes and jokes are O.K. as long as they are not against black people is basically what you are saying.

I bet indian people just LOVE the stigma of being expected to run a quick-e-mart and I wonder what its like to be jewish and not have a lot of money.

And regardless of it all, my point has absolutely nothing to do with rather Hillary has any prejudice, in fact my point was that absolutely everyone does.
    I disagree. There are a large amount of people who simply don't give a fuck. The concept is so trifling and humorous at the same time the best we can do is poke fun at the concept through jokes like, "nigga stole my bike!" Those type of jokes have nothing to do with black people and everything to do with people who are seriously worried about some black person stealing their bike.

This has everything to do with Hilary in a roundabout way. I thought her joke was funny and harmless but you said yourself..

Do you not realize that the reason everyone jokes about black people and women and shit is because the racism and sexism is really there? No matter how small, it's there. And you're a supporter. The other side is apparently bigger than you have any idea.
    Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Either you were wrong or Hilary supports racism.

For some reason I was thinking Ghandi was African not Indian, so the Indian guys owning gas stations thing didn't cross my mind. But really, it furthers my point. If the candidate were Indian, they wouldn't be able to win either because again, the prejudice is there.
    Umm, ok...

You can keep going on about anything you can possibly find that reinforces your opinion which is simply what Rush Limbaugh told your dad, but you can't come up with any real reason she would not be a good president. And neither can anyone else that's not wearing a tin foil hat and a "More Bush presidents!" pin.

There are real issues here, far beyond "zomg her opinions change when we get new facts wtf?!" and "zomg she's gonna ban video games burn her!" Let alone "zomg she's Bill's wife and despite the massive evidence supporting the claim that Clinton was one of the best presidents we've ever had, he got a blow job!!!!!111!1oneone!! HEZ TEH DEVIL!" SHE'S VICKI VALENCOURT!!!!

Name one issue that makes Hilary a better choice than John Edwards.

Demosthenes11

Overwhelming evidence of being one of the best presidents of the US = wut? The guy really didn't do ANYTHING, and rode on the train that was Reagan's economy. Not to mention he sit back and let several countries build power, IE North Korea. "Don't build Nukes Mr. North Korea" "OK BILL! afk building nukes" Not saying Bush is a lot better, but to say clinton is one of the best presidents ever has always puzzled me

Ridill
    BG Level

Or stealing a bike.
    So racial stereotypes and jokes are O.K. as long as they are not against black people is basically what you are saying.

I bet indian people just LOVE the stigma of being expected to run a quick-e-mart and I wonder what its like to be jewish and not have a lot of money.
    You have to be fucking kidding me.

Yeah, owning a gas station is even remotely fucking close to being a slave or stealing bikes. It has fucking nothing to do with rather it's a black sterotype or not.

Maybe if she said some shit like "he smuggled opium for 50 years" you would have a point, but you're just fucking retarded and still trying to support what rush taught your dad.

I disagree. There are a large amount of people who simply don't give a fuck. The concept is so trifling and humorous at the same time the best we can do is poke fun at the concept through jokes like, "nigga stole my bike!" Those type of jokes have nothing to do with black people and everything to do with people who are seriously worried about some black person stealing their bike.

This has everything to do with Hilary in a roundabout way. I thought her joke was funny and harmless but you said yourself..
    You really don't think the "nigga stole my bike" has anything to do with actual black people actually stealing bikes in real life? Good lord you're fucking retarded.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Either you were wrong or Hilary supports racism.
    The stupidity... I can't handle it... I said you were supporting OBAMA not fucking racism. The point was that even though you're a supporter of HIM (not racism) but still made a racist joke-- now imagine the people that don't support him and how they feel.

To be completely honest, I really should just stop trying after you said something as fucking retarded as that, but whatever.

Name one issue that makes Hilary a better choice than John Edwards.
    Point out one place where I said anything whatsoever about Hillary being a better choice than John Edwards.

Seriously dude, you are plain and simple outright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Overwhelming evidence of being one of the best presidents of the US = wut? The guy really didn't do ANYTHING, and rode on the train that was Reagan's economy. Not to mention he sit back and let several countries build power, IE North Korea. "Don't build Nukes Mr. North Korea" "OK BILL! afk building nukes" Not saying Bush is a lot better, but to say clinton is one of the best presidents ever has always puzzled me
    I've written pages and pages about this right here at BG. If you're too damn lazy to look up the facts, or too damn stupid to realize that years and years of the best economic situation America has ever seen, which came as a direct result of changes installed by the Clinton administration, was not a result of the massively failing "Reaganomics" bullshit, then I dunno what to tell you.

edit: Sorry for the insults and the attitude, I try to avoid that stuff. It's just that you've been spouting absurd senseless shit for 10 pages all to, as I've said before, support what's burned into your brain via fox news and all their audiences about Hillary.

Demosthenes11

or perhaps you have no idea how economics works? It is common knowledge fiscal policy does not show the true effects for several years after, typically 5+

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    or perhaps you have no idea how economics works? It is common knowledge fiscal policy does not show the true effects for several years after, typically 5+

I've written pages and pages about this right here at BG.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/search.php

Devek:
    I wonder what its like to be jewish and not have a lot of money.
    it feels like I'm not as much jewish as all the others

I see alot of really well thought, well researched post for Clinton.

On the other hand the post against Clinton are more often filled with little to no research with thoughts based on things like "she's a woman"

I'll be voting in 2008, it'll be the first time I've ever voted for president (missed out during 2004 and wasn't of age yet during the 2000 election)

About Bill Clinton. I think in my life time he's been the best president we've had, even with his turning large portions of Oregon's logging Forest into national parks, fairly well fucking Oregon's economy. I just need to make sure I vote for good people to help turn Oregon's economy around instead of being angry about it. Bill still did overall good for the US economy.

Work for what is good for you, but vote for what is best for your country. It's the best advice I can give in this thread.