Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

109-129 scythe in ONLY AN HOUR!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    109-129 scythe in ONLY AN HOUR!
    thanks to a certain sam who dies to crabs!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Go get spiral hell Bagel, cuz between Senji and Trials katana I'm gonna need about a fuckload of skillchain points.

Or log on to Map and spam massive gekkos for me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Dumb WAR meripo/general leveling question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Today I was exping with my static on thief and we have a first voker etc (well it's with 2 warriors so that's sort of a given). For a while it took our first voker a while to target the mob etc etc etc claiming that the direction the mob was coming from made it more annoying. I very plainly said "what, dont you have an assist macro?" and I got like 4 huhs in response.

"yeah dude, /target <bt> then /lockon in one macro, works great for targeting the next mob immediately"

"Nah dude I've never used one of those for exp, just have one for dyna but it's for the Main assist sort of thing"

>_> I know it cant be just me though, I thought it was pretty common. Do people just f8 or tab to the next mob? I always found that really slow.
    I've generally always tabbed or F8'd to the next mob (in parties where we don't already have a second mob claimed when the first one dies, at least). However, I'm nearly always the first to hit or voke the monster (depending on job). I tried <bt> but it causes problems with targetting the wrong mob more often than not for me.

I try to auto target, and use switch target, but I usually fuck it up, get yelled at by the ridills and end up trying to solo a mob

I always use manual F8 to target next mob.

This is coming from a non-windower user. I find the rest of my macros are used for more important things, gear swaps, Weaponskills, job abilities etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just have a macro for /ta <bt>

For the majority of the time that we only have one mob, it works fine. For the times we have multiple mobs, I either tab if its obvious which one we're going to fight or use /assist on our tank.

As for facing the mob, that's not really all that important. You don't need to face a mob to provoke. Just /ta <bt> and voke. If the mob comes up and whacks you in the butt, turn around. I find the auto-lock from /assist annoying, actually. I like to target but not be locked so I can see around me.

/ta <bt>
    /assist "Tank"
    /wait 1
    /attack on

Sometimes I'll take out the /as part, especially if its a slow party and we're only doing one pull at a time. otherwise the /assist stays on. Hell I've even had targeting problems with that, had one tank that couldn't make up his mind which mob to target, and changed just before he attacked. stupid tank -.-

I play with a controller, so this really isn't an issue. >.>

I haven't seen anyone mention this one, but its pretty much a combination of other macros mentioned before.

For the problem that Ryko is talking about:

/ta <bt>
    /ja Provoke <stnpc>
    /wait 1
    /attack <lastst>

<stnpc> just in case you have multiple targets and only want to voke one

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On PS2 I had auto target off all the time. Since I rarely merited. I would use the "Switch target" button. On xbox360, my macros aren't done yet and I have auto target on still, I've been lazy. In most regular exp parties I've done so far, I've been puller/tank so I tend not to need to do these things. And my first merit party was awesome but I blew big time... the next day I realized I hadn't added my torque to WS gear macro and so on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    I always just click "Switch Target" and tab to the next mob, engage when it dies -- Assuming the puller is any good, my weapons are never undrawn. Do it quick enough, you don't have to take them back out again /shrugs.
    That's usually what I do too. For slower pullers though I just F1 to target myself and rotate the camera till I find the puller, and can usually tab or shift tab quick enough to target the mob before it's even in range to engage it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fng
    I mean aside from the "leave autotarget on and face the next mob" etc stuff that im sure everyone does.

I swear it completely amazes me that people dont get that, and I am convinced that people can't figure out /autotarget on...
    They seem to have mastered it during either dynamis or huge links.