Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Dumb WAR meripo/general leveling question.

Today I was exping with my static on thief and we have a first voker etc (well it's with 2 warriors so that's sort of a given). For a while it took our first voker a while to target the mob etc etc etc claiming that the direction the mob was coming from made it more annoying. I very plainly said "what, dont you have an assist macro?" and I got like 4 huhs in response.

"yeah dude, /target <bt> then /lockon in one macro, works great for targeting the next mob immediately"

"Nah dude I've never used one of those for exp, just have one for dyna but it's for the Main assist sort of thing"

>_> I know it cant be just me though, I thought it was pretty common. Do people just f8 or tab to the next mob? I always found that really slow.

Banned.

BG Level

maybe if you had ubermicro you wouldnt need to macro everything noob

23 years old

BG Level

I mean aside from the "leave autotarget on and face the next mob" etc stuff that im sure everyone does.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I mean aside from the "leave autotarget on and face the next mob" etc stuff that im sure everyone does.
    I do that and a macro that's:

/ta <bt>
    /attack <t>

It's just so much easier than tabbing through shit.

I have /target <bt> then I mash my A button till I engage, and voke as soon as the mob is in range (on ninjar)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

F8 Ctrl+A

I have a general dislike for altering macros for each shitty party I end up in.

23 years old

BG Level

Well I mean I have it as a mainstay macro on all of my sets, doesnt alter, doesn't get removed etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've never actually macro'd it, but sometimes in crowded zones I'll just type out '/ta <bt>' on an incoming pull, and if I haven't been too talkative, I can just hit 'a' and scroll up to do it again.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ctrl+7 on all my jobs is /target <bt>, PLD and NIN also have Ctrl+8 for calling mobs in Dynamis or w/e, though I change that to a meat mithkabob macro when xping on Greater Colibiri <_<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I use /attack <bt>. Though in meripo it doesn't always pick the mob you want it to so I sometimes tab/F8.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I always just click "Switch Target" and tab to the next mob, engage when it dies -- Assuming the puller is any good, my weapons are never undrawn. Do it quick enough, you don't have to take them back out again /shrugs.

I kind of do the same as the poster above.

I just always hit enter on the Switch Target option on the menu and scroll around between mobs, then press enter on it just as the current mob dies. Most of the time I'll stay engaged and won't have to deal with the engage animation or getting cure/action locked. It's nice once you get used to it and time it right.

I've just been accustomed to doing it that way though, I call in dynamis so I kind of have to.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Ctrl+7 on all my jobs is /target <bt>
    lolsamehere.

I just use the above, and take it that everyone in the pt will follow me, cause I do like being nazi <_< also, depending on where you are (mire...) there's most likely certain mobs which needs to die before others.

Black Belt
    BG Level

/ta <bt>
    /attack <t>
    Thats my ctrl-2 for all my xp/DD macro sets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    I kind of do the same as the poster above.

I just always hit enter on the Switch Target option on the menu and scroll around between mobs, then press enter on it just as the current mob dies. Most of the time I'll stay engaged and won't have to deal with the engage animation or getting cure/action locked. It's nice once you get used to it and time it right.

I've just been accustomed to doing it that way though, I call in dynamis so I kind of have to.
    I've found this method resets your attack rounds. If you have auto target on you'll continue attacking alot faster. I use both methods depending.

Reminds me.

I miss the 2h weapon trick where you could engage and disengage really fast, cutting even the longest delays down to really short delays. It was so great for skilling up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Reminds me.

I miss the 2h weapon trick where you could engage and disengage really fast, cutting even the longest delays down to really short delays. It was so great for skilling up.
    Haha, I used that stuff at Fafnir. Surprised I wasn't banned.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR SKILLUPS?!?!

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1766/zag5bd.jpg

and I use keyboard_bind ^1 input /attack on <bt>;

Too bad it isn't good for anything else.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I swear it completely amazes me that people dont get that, and I am convinced that people can't figure out /autotarget on...