Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Quick, dumb Nin question. Hauby Vs. Shura Togi

I've had 75nin for a while and I've always Xp'ed with Shura Togi. I've heard that Togi is "ok" for Nin TP, and Hauby is better for WS.

Anyways, questions is: Should I be using hauby for Tp and WS? or AF Body for TP and Hauby for WS? Or Shura Togi for TP and Hauby for WS? Herp!

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm, even this threads border on not BG-suitable. There are a million threads on this over at KI (and that's not an exaggeration). Give me a second and I'll find some links.

EDIT: Alright, here are some basic steps you can take next time:

Go here first, these are the Ninja forums, home to most of the basic information you're looking for.

This is the KI search function. It's a great way to find and filter through all sorts of information regarding your search query!

This thread was probably the most relevant to what you were asking about. Mid-way through the thread, there is a post with a whole bunch of thread names seen through the search function. If you need anymore information/opinions, search for those specific threads and take a gander through them.

EDIT2: My personal opinion, if you're specifically referring to those two pieces, Togi for TP, Haub for WS.

EDIT3: I believe Rukenshin's LJ has a post about NIN gear.

EDIT4: Annnndddd Sono is faster than I am.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

quick answer is find rkenshins livejournal post about what he wears and consider that law

short answer is hauby, leave togi for the mnk

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Like everything it depends on everything else.

My experience says AF body at 92% accuracy is = to hauby at 95%accuracy.

That being said it's also pretty hard to reach the ACC cap with AF body without top notch gear/merits.

As far as Haub vs Togi for WS (much like okote vs AF+1/Koga) I will say Togi for parties without a bard, and Haub for parties with a bard.

Togi for parties where you'll be doing the tanking, Haub for meleeburns. Your base evasion, without any minuses, plus kurayami usually equals a decent amount of evading on VT mobs. If you're gonna get some relief a couple of times a fight, no need to worry about it. I don't have a Togi but I do have AF2 body, and I use that when I'm gonna be tanking in a DD setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    quick answer is find rkenshins livejournal post about what he wears and consider that law

short answer is hauby, leave togi for the mnk
    http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/14854.html#cutid1

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you have both just melee in Togi and WS in Haub. If not Haub full time then.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have considered this for hours and hours and hours. I've come to the conclusion Hauby+1 is by far 99% of most likely piece to wear and almost 100% in the Thickets.

The only reason to use AF is with super high acc and very high haste (65+%)

I'd go Togi only if I had it previously from MNK. Though if you can drop that kind of money for the Togi why not go Hauby? Shura Togi has only one possible redeeming factor, the extra attack. Though seriously the extra dex and str on the hauby really pushes forward even for WS.

Well I've had Shura Togi for my mnk for a while,before i had even unlocked Nin. And I've just been too poor to really want to buy a Hauby.

But yeah, AF body for TP seems to be the best bet (I always eat sushi, no Katana merits ftw). And hauby for WS is good. But last night I did use Hauby 100% of the time at the bird camp, since it's not easy to keep sushi up with those bastards.

I also ended up winning parse, which I thought was really weird. i beat out a Decently geared Mnk (Osode, Byakko Haidate, Destroyers, Brutal Earring), and 2 Wars. I never thought Nin would come close to either of those jobs, especially my Nin which isn't geared TOO well.

Anyways, thanks for the input, and sorry for the noobish question ^^;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Like I said, haste is a positive return trait. Duel Wield is essentially a cheap version of haste. While impressive alone the most haste you stack the faster you become.

Don't waste a lot of time with spells or debuffs, to be honest I use only Ni and even a PLD trying hard can barely hold hate off me now. (It was a challenge lol, who pulled more hate, the hasted speedy NIN or the enmity rich slow-swinging PLD?) Proved a haste-happy NIN can really pull a huge amount of hate to rip it off the PLD if the PLD doesn't have a lot of enmity.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

AF2 body over Togi.....leave Togi to MNKs.