Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Bards     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Xp is xp. Are you even going to remember this party invite next week, whether good or marginal?

People will remember when you are a prima donna, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Xp is xp. Are you even going to remember this party invite next week, whether good or marginal?

Ill remember wasting my time on a shitty party, yes.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Honestly, I staticed with a PLD to 75 on my DRK, and being a DRK that was always capable of putting out pretty strong damage, I wouldn't touch a NIN with a ten-foot pole. Every time I did, I died far too much (or had to hold back and gimped the party).

When I got 70+ though I started to get PLD+NIN or WAR/NIN and two /THF melees, normally a SAM or another DRK. It was REALLY nice.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree

eh it's true to an extent. xp is xp if you are dying for that merit, or need some buffer bad, xp isn't xp when you want to have a good time playing. XP in a bad party is like pulling teeth, xp'ing in a good pt it's great fun and time flies.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Good I hope they dont invite me thier next gimptastic party.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For me its more of a time management issue.

Between RL work and a demanding LS schedule, I don't have much free time to xp/craft etc, so when I do, I strongly prefer for a good/great set up that's going to max out my xp/hr and make the most of my time.

Nin's certainly xp faster than Plds in burn situations because of the lack MP dumping needed and the efficiency issues noted earlier. As someone also noted before, the enfeebs help as well to speed things along. If I can't get a Nin tank, I generally go do something else that I similarly have little time for (crafting generally). If Brds and Rdms have both options readily available to them, why criticize their opting for the better (or at worst: more reliable) set up?

Call it "princessy" all you will, but I like the make the best use of my time where and when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviendha
    Nin's certainly xp faster than Plds in burn situations because of the lack MP dumping needed and the efficiency issues noted earlier. As someone also noted before, the enfeebs help as well to speed things along. If I can't get a Nin tank, I generally go do something else that I similarly have little time for (crafting generally). If Brds and Rdms have both options readily available to them, why criticize their opting for the better (or at worst: more reliable) set up?

Call it "princessy" all you will, but I like the make the best use of my time where and when I can.
    And, what, those who level paladin don't want to have the best use of their time? How incredibly self-serving. Yay community!

One thing I've learned while EXPing with pickups: A shitty party is a shitty party, no matter what the setup. It doesn't matter what type of tank you have or if you've got a certain job or not. What does matter is if those players suck.

No amount of bard songs can fix shitty party members.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Talint
    And, what, those who level paladin don't want to have the best use of their time? How incredibly self-serving. Yay community!
    So, we're gonna waste our time for some emo PLD and his 5k/hr party?

Edit: whoa, sup capslock :X also, PLD+THF+BRD is horrible, please stop trying to make it work, it doesn't.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

F your community.. mine stops where my linkshell and friends list end.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie
    So, we're gonna waste our time for some emo PLD and his 5k/hr party?
    Lol Seconded.

The PLD can go make his own party and get his 4-7k/hr. Like I said, I have little time, so I'm going to take my 10-15k/hr and run with it. If a LS Pld wants to XP up his buffer, I'm always game, but Plds outside my LS are on their own (except Tekki bc he's 1337 DD like that).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or the PLD uses ENMs, Besieged, XP scrolls, and linkshell farming runs to keep up his/her buffer and has a second 75 job to merit on. :D

Here was my solution:

1. If I want base XP on PLD I go into XP mode and do ENMs where a PLD is welcome. I do Brothers and Antlion. There's 6k XP. Rinse and repeat.

2. I merit only on COR and throw all merit points into PLD.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Here was my solution:

1. If I want base XP on PLD I go into XP mode and do ENMs where a PLD is welcome. I do Brothers and Antlion. There's 6k XP. Rinse and repeat.

2. I merit only on COR and throw all merit points into PLD.
    Pretty much what I did.

Stay on EXP mode fulltime. ENMs, EXP scroll quests, Besieged all go towards SMN buffer. When I merit, its on RDM and I pour merit points into both jobs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ROFL @ /l what ls is Mifaco?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    ROFL @ /l what ls is Mifaco?
    what a fantastic mt o.O

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

PLD , much like BST and THF, have to work overtime to be a good role in a party, and by good role, i mean earning their spot and not just filling it up.

Example friends of mine are wottles on his PLD, he doesnt go in an assortment of AF and VIT and enmity like I see "DD PLD" wear, he drops his tank set completely and uses dusk, sniper+1, hauby+1, etc. Turban and o-hat when needed. Same thing for sols, you wont find him in CHR gear trying to melee, his gear rivals warriors, if solsovly was /anon and didnt equip a jugpet you wouldnt be able to tell the difference, the only things he's missing really is zerk and aggressor, but his BST warants him enough to come as bst instead of brd when he wants to.

PLD just need to equip extremely efficiently, then pt with a few friends to maintain them, like they're not going to need ballad 100% of the time, and for a PLD (unlike ninja) it's ok if they get hit a few times, they can heal it,when they need ballads they can run back and get ballad2 while keeping their other song.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

With auto-refresh, Parade Gorget and IS refresh, PLD could really get away without refresh, if they're willing to properly gear themselves for meripo.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

1: Saying PLDs can't get more than 5k/hr is so... 2005, when they didn't have Auto-Refresh, or Shield Mastery, or a Parade Gorget, or etc. etc. etc. PLDs used to be an MP sink, sure. I'll buy into that. The keyword there is "used to be".

2: Time is the most precious commodity in Vana'diel. The problem is that it is of equal value to everybody. I don't imagine anybody likes having their time wasted in any kind of crappy party. But when does this attitude stop? 10k/hr not enough? 12.5k? 15k? It may great for you to be able to cap your EXP in one three-hour EXP session, but that's simply not an option for everybody. It is incredibly self-serving to think of only yourself in these types of situations. That can't be helped.

And even though I have invested millions to keep a DD set, to make sure I am far from gimpy in a merit/TP burn:

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Or the PLD uses ENMs, Besieged, XP scrolls, and linkshell farming runs to keep up his/her buffer and has a second 75 job to merit on. :D
    ...this is what I wind up doing anyway.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't go XP so -YOUR- character can level up... or player#243092343 for that matter.

XPing is inherently self-serving (unless you're just out to have fun with friends/LS), just accept that and quit whining.