Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What FFXI job did you originally want to be

I'm talking, first read online, looked at the job listing before you ever played the game.

I originally made this a poll, but there's to many jobs that allow polls so I scratched it, but hell i'll just see what you guys did via responds.

I didn't know to put this in noobie or advanced, they need a limbo section >.>

Anyway, please state what job you originally wanted to play as, if you did, and if you stuck with it....

////////

As far as I go, originally I wanted to be a SMN. Now I started in NA release 3+ years ago, so I didn't know about prime fights. Now that I look back on that.....wtf were they thinking.

So a buddy and I got the game at the same time, we decided to level RDM together since I couldn't be a SMN till 30 anyway. Well as time went on I learned about the prime battles, and just stuck it out with RDM. And sure enough, it was my first job I took all the way.

Share!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I wanted to be a red mage because I liked the jack of all trades aspect. Got it to 20 or so, and went to level white mage for subjob.

Got addicted to the fast invites of a mage in the low levels, and ended up taking WHM to 51, even though I was sick of it well before that. Mage jobs aren't really my forte I've discovered.

Leveling WAR for the hell of it later, I found out that I really liked making skillchains. So I started up Samurai, really liked it, and now I'm a 75 SAM. The fact that it's fairly useful endgame is kind of something I fell into, not a concious decision on my part.

So yea, such is the saga of Nuketwig.

Vobent

RDM/THF.

My RDM is level 5, currently.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looked at the website a bunch before i started playing, thought Dragoon looked pretty cool

As i was leveling my first job (war) in the dunes, i partied with a mithra nin, after that i thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Unlocked Nin, got it to 25, realised i couldnt afford it anymore, so went with the next closest thing.. THF. Ended up being my first 75 job (mainly to fund NIN )

Old Merits
    BG Level

"I want to be RDM/BLM, but I want to start out as THF, because Thieves must make a lot of money, They can steal from mobs! all I need is to steal from a few bosses and I'll be set for life. I'll level THF/BLM first."

I took THF/BLM to 30, before I realized I was being retarded, and switched to RDM main.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

PLD/DRK.

I thought "Good defense, white magic, good attack, black magic, what could go wrong?"

My PLD is still locked.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DRG, I leveled WAR at the start with a polearm to this end. Eventually my roommate started playing and got ahead of me, and unlocked DRK. Since DRK and PLD are so great together, I unlocked PLD and went from there.

DRG still not unlocked.

Wanted to be WAR/RDM or WAR/SMn so I could have extra damage with avatars and magic lol.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I wanted to be THF. My THF was 15 for about a year and a half, then got to 41 where it has been stable for another year.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

THF, then said hmmm how about RNG/THF...

currently:

RNG is 20
    my THF was 25 for 2 years, I just got it to 37 3-4 mos ago.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I came into FFXI off of Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, which are both dungeon crawler/hack and slash types. I had played clerics and warrior types in those games, so I wanted to try a caster. I started FFXI as a BLM, but I ended up enjoying WHM just as much, so I kind of tandem leveled them both to 75. Then I started in on FFXI's melee classes, too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wanted to be a NIN when it first came out because I thought they looked cool. But my idea of NIN played more like a THF so it kinda turned me off to it because when I partied with them when they would sub THF they were so wimpy (). I was poor so I settled on BRD as my first job to 75 ;3

Before I even bought FFXI I was looking at the jobs and SAM was the one I wanted. It was also my first job to 75.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wanted to be a PLD, and it was my first job to 75. But I started on WAR, got to 32 as WAR/MNK, and my WAR was 68 when I hit 75 on PLD.

I wanted to be the classic knight that spends his days slaying frightful flame-spitting dragons and saving kidnapped princesses while wearing a sparkling surcoat (not exactly a coincidence the fact I started as sword/shield WAR and played that way up to Lv31) until the day I saw this elvaan Dark Knight dual wielding swords whilst farming giants in Qufim and promptly asked to my party mates "hey guys, how do you equip two swords, that looks so friggin cool"

Shortly after that I had my Ninja subjob unlocked and levelled to 10 and within six months I was an Iron Musketeer, proudly owner of two Tactical Magician Espadons.

2 years later Warrior was (still) my only 75 and my favourite passtime, along with tanking everything in sight on a job not exactly suited to tank high level mobs albeit extremely effective in that role if well geared, properly played and decently supported, was slicing stuff with my beloved Ridill and Joyeuse.

I eventually took Paladin up as my secondary job (and Ninja after that out of sheer boredom) and accidentally obtained the full relic armor that caught my attention back in the days when I was lurking FFXI related forums a few months after starting to play. :P

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got War to 30 b/c i liked melee, then unlocked Sam b/c it looked soo cool. Got Sam to 40 until my freind bet me i couldnt catch up to his Paladin, then i leveled monk to 75... Sam is still 40

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mnk was my first thought then i saw drg and i thought "Bad ass a dragon fights with you?"

DRG - locked
    MNK - 5

Blm/rdm.

Hit 75 almost a year ago now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SMN, but after playing beta, I found out you can't start out as SMN, so I started BLM so I could get all the SMN crap before I started the job. BLM75 and SMN75 for about 3 years now.

DRK. Took it to 40, then changed servers. Haven't unlocked it since then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast