Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Bait And Switch - Icarus Wing Reward repeatable?

So I've been doing the PUP ENM as often as I can since hitting 60, and my strat involves using an Icarus Wing if the fanto summons a melee automaton first. So, i started looking into how to keep my Icarus addiction as cheap as possible, and saw that it wa a reward from the Bait and Switch quest in bastok, conveniently located near the ENM. SO i started doing it every week to unlock the Costume Kit ??? option that has the Icarus Wing reward.

You see, the quest is repeatable every week after conquest, and you are given a choice of seven tools to use as you start, with each giving a different reward. The 7th tool is costume kit, but shows up as ??? in the list and is unselectable until you do the quest with all other 6 options first. So over the course of the last few months, Ive been winning it one item at a time, and last week I finally did the Costume Kit option and got an icarus wing as the reward. woot! When you use Costume Kit, the encounters involve Salim the quest giver rather than the normal guards, and when you beat it this way, you get a lengthy cutscene with all the various characters involved in the other 6 tool options for this quest (each tool gives a slight variation on the way it plays out). So winning it with the costume kit definitely felt like a wrap-up cutscene to the quest, summing it all up.

But here's where I got confused and why I'm posting this:

So I used up my wing and went to get another from the quest this week, my first attempt since beating it with the final option. Here's the rub: Costume Kit is no longer an option! wtf. The dialogue still mentions choosing one of seven tools, but only 6 are shown now, none of which rewards are as nice as the Wing. I dont relish spending 6 weeks to redo all the others to see if Costume Kit reappears, and somehow i doubt it will. The whole point was that I wanted a way to get a free Icarus Wing each week, but seems this isn't possible now. Has anyone spent alot of time with this quest like me? Anyone managed to repeat the costume kit option or get more than the initial icarus wing from it on subsequent weeks? as far as i know, the other 6 options you can do every week, with prizes like KeyRing Belt and Hermes Quencher amongst the loot....

I'm going to update the wiki that the costume kit wing is a one time deal reward unless anyone can point out something Ive missed. Kinda bummed.

ps: septimus, if you havent beaten all the choices, the snares tool branch involves a mask-wearing Galka named "Ghemp". S&M Galka 4tw. figured you'd want to know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've done all 7 options on that quest, I thought every option was repeatable indefinably. I thought that the only condition for the Costume Kit option was that you completed the Adventuring Fellow quest Chameleon Capers.

When I get home tonight I will see if I have time to do Bait and Switch again to see if I can get the Costume Kit option.

And yeah, the snares were my favorite option.

If you sell the skeleton keys seperately, that'll more than cover a weekly icarus wing

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The I-wing is a one time only prize. I'm pretty sure at least, I stopped checking on the quest every week once I saw costume kit wasn't repeatable.