Thread: Metal Mix Part 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Metal Mix Part 2

Hope you enjoy listening as much as we did creating.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/be218b/

Metal Mix Part 2 (Wish You Were Here mix): DJ illumanati, with guest DJs; DJ Static, DJ death.

Bands Featured: Misfits, Lacuna Coil, Seether, Bleeding Through, E Town Concrete, Flyleaf, Queen of the Damned Soundtrack, Mushroomhead and others.

Movies sampled; Matrix, The Saint, Devils Advocate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...etalmixpt2.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

47 downloads, 0 comments. Fuck, even if you think it sucks say something.

None of those bands are metal except for Bleeding Through and they are way to good to be on that list.

If I could find the goddamn download button..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Yea, sorry the file host is shitty. My normal one keeps saying they're doing for maintenance.

Regarding the metal comment -- you sir need to redefine what "metal" means to you, cause it aint just palm muted power chords. Its the soul of the music, and a true fan of it would definately understand that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well seether are amazing so has to be pretty good XD

brb

alright, i can't find the dl button either >.>

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A-

I liked most all of the songs, the last two ive never heard; the last one sounds like Flyleaf whom I <3 The one before it with the guy singing (Saturday Night?) I didnt like at all.

Most of the transitions were pretty good, 2 wernt too great and one was horrible, the one after Seether, er from Seether to the next song.. which ever. It just cuts off and goes in to another song, it could of been a lot better.

The arabian sounding instrumental rocking fidle was kinda wierd, but still good.

Should have made a video or something of you guys doing this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Appreciate the sincere and honest feedback.

I'm the first to admit (and my saturday night crowd at the bar I work for - roosevelts, a rock/tattoo bar in philly) will agree lol...i suck at transitioning.

I personally think though that I'm good at programming - meaning, which songs and when.

The song you didnt like was the Misfits, called Saturday Night. It's a horror themed mock 50's jukebox song that I personally adore, but I'm glad you liked the others.

The one at the end, which you <3 is in fact Flyleaf, a song called There for You. I like to mix sweet with sour - I get the same emotional vibe from the thrash of Hatebreed as I do from that song. It's all the same heart - making it very, very metal to me.

I just listened to the transition you talked about - from seether to E Town Concrete's Mandibles - fuck man, I liked it lol. Tried to blur guitar riff to riff.

BTW - the little repeat of "learned to bite the bullet" in it isn't a skip - thats DJ static's slow as fucking computer running virtual DJ giving us a sexy little buffer underrun and screwing up the mix lol.

You're right though, I shouldve taped this. It was recorded partially live. We were doing a DJ battle (DJ death and I - she's a VERY VERY good metal jockey that works for the same agency I do) and we started doing what was the beginning of this mix, and asked DJ static ( a personal friend I grew up with that does the absolutely LEGENDAY club woodbine, and has a real talent with turntable kung fu and scratching) to come in and lay down some vinyl work. Personally though - I think his scratching (which is only in one song, E Town Concrete - the rap-metal song after seether) was horrible. He was really drunk when I hooked up the software to his turntables and he didnt really do what he COULDVE done.

Oh well. I think all in all the mix is half decent as far as selection of music.

I truely do hope you enjoy it - thats my job, part time or not, to deliver music in hopes of keeping REAL music alive.

Oh and also - the violin, tribal-ish break is from queen of the damed. DJ death picked it when I asked her to find me an instrumental vibe that I was either going to lay down an interview with Juylia from Fuse TV about DImebag's death -- OR -- a radio interview I did with WYSP's Kidd Chris about metal/rock music, but the legal shit got in the way and basically we were told "no way shape or form", so random audio clips filled the void.

Yall are lucky - I almost did a SKA mix lol...kiss my ass! I love ska :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Yea, sorry the file host is shitty. My normal one keeps saying they're doing for maintenance.

Regarding the metal comment -- you sir need to redefine what "metal" means to you, cause it aint just palm muted power chords. Its the soul of the music, and a true fan of it would definately understand that.

Metal isn't palm muted power chords. That's nu-metal we don't have talent shit. Those bands are terrible though.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bands Featured: Misfits, Lacuna Coil, Seether, Bleeding Through, E Town Concrete, Flyleaf, Queen of the Damned Soundtrack, Mushroomhead and others.
    Sorry only half of those can be considered "metal" even when I think about the metal list in that line up I can hear the south park rob snyder promoting going "Rated PG-13"

The movie quotes.... there just distracting and unnecessary.

Review in real time!
    I really hate Seether... they aren't metal they sound like 90% of the "rock" genre that plays on the radio lately. I had to look up that E-Town Concrete. What is that? seriously lol.. ok WOW seriously. Bleeding Through. This is one of those bands that give others a reason to hate or stereotype metal bands. They sound like shit, their lyrics are warn out and they sound like a garage band that cant come up with original material that smacks around the melody to "act" hardcore. Flyleaf is just another female rock band that will be stuck playing on the radio. Come on with that "He's beginning to believe" OH COME ON LOL. I stopped playing this at Breaking Benjamin, its like Im listening to a radio play list.

As a metal head, Im not a fan of any of this music at all. My opinion might be biased because I loaded up with the song with the established opinion that I do not like those bands but I wanted to give it a shot. Ive heard some DJs take shit and turn around to make it look pretty cool. Unfortunately I didn't find that here.

This is coming from a metal fan, a death metal fan. Attempting to define metal is pointless. There are clearly many sub genres of metal/heavy metal. To each his own when it comes to music tastes, and I like fast paced, physically demanding rhythm of death metal. The dynamic energy of dual/tri bass drum setups, complex guitar music and the growling of barely coherent lyrics as latched onto me after spending years stumbling around trying to find out what genre of music to stick to. (yes you can still understand them if you just learn how to listen) Its not just about screaming and growling into the mic and spazing out on the drums and guitars. A good metal band will demand your attention and rock you like metal should.

I would love to see a true DJ remix of some of my favorite death metal music. It would be interesting to see what you could come up with. Good death metal is already complex enough, which is the reason I listen to it over most other sub genres of metal. I invite you to download Vehemence- She never noticed Me, Behemoth- Conquer All, Boodbath- Brave New Hell, anything from Opeth, Dark Tranquility- Senses Tied, Darkane- Secondary Effects (These guys are meh but they have a good few songs).

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Agreed, this is radio rock which tries to pass itself off as metal. The only band on that list which could be considered metal is Lacuna Coil due to their old work, but their recent album blew that distinction out the water.

Not trying to take away from your work, which was well produced and had a lot of effort in it, which I give you kudos for. However, the above posters are right when coming down the exact classifcation of the bands you mixed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Your points are well taken, they really are, and I thank you for that.

One thing though guys -- I work for a radio station that could have a big inclination to why it sounds like a rock radio station DJ put it together -- lol ...he did.

It isn't metal in the stricter sense - more of the generalized nu metal sense, I agree.

And I would love to mess around with a purely black metal mix. Did you ever listen to my core/metal mix? (dillinger, pilgrimz, as i lay dying, etc.)

Download here:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room41/1 ... manati.mp3

More up your alley I think -- but be warned, the transitioning is HORRIBLE.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

faster and darker prease lol. Sorry im just being picky now XD. There are so many subgenres I tend to stick with strictly death metal. Ive never heard of pilgrimz but after looking them up they fall under the same category as "As I lay dying". Awesome until they open their mouth. As I lay dying is probably the biggest disappointment in metal for me. Their music just sounds SO KICK ASS. But as soon as they open their mouths and blurt their lyrics out its like having someone put their finger right smack into a good meal. If they had albums w/ no lyrical content and purely music I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As for your remix. Kaputt! Looks like the site is under maint.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Download for free with FileFactory Basic << thats what you click for the initial post. Just use the 2nd link