Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Brd/Cor and number of buffs

Last night during our JoL fight we found out that with brd/cor you can now have 3 buffs from a brd/cor and a cor/brd. My question is when was this implemented or is it a fluke that SE has not caught onto yet?

I remember when cor first came out it was limited to ONLY 2 buffs, a combination of 2 rolls, 2 songs or 1 roll or 1 song. As of last night you can have a combination of 3 buffs (of course limited to max of 2 rolls or 2 songs) from a cor/brd or brd/cor.

Any comments on when this was implemented, I don't remember seeing this information posted anywhere before.

Re: Brd/Cor and number of buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman
    Last night during our JoL fight we found out that with brd/cor you can now have 3 buffs from a brd/cor and a cor/brd. My question is when was this implemented or is it a fluke that SE has not caught onto yet?

I remember when cor first came out it was limited to ONLY 2 buffs, a combination of 2 rolls, 2 songs or 1 roll or 1 song. As of last night you can have a combination of 3 buffs (of course limited to max of 2 rolls or 2 songs) from a cor/brd or brd/cor.

Any comments on when this was implemented, I don't remember seeing this information posted anywhere before.
    was in it a long time ago only can get one roll as /cor and no main job bonus effect. As cor/brd only one song, /brd is probably the best sj for endgame usage because evokers, wizards roll and ballad makes them the BEST blm support char(unless of course you have a relic horn bard). For merit pts its /nin for pulling and aoe, unless its a manaburn then sub brd.

I always thought it was like that. LS mate was going BRD/COR for limbus and had Ballad 1 and 2 and 1 roll on me at all times.

it wasn't like that when COR was introduced. But its been like that for at least a few months(i think it was the first major patch after COR was introduced). Way too lazy to look through updates for the exact date though

according to the update notes, it wasnt and still isnt meant to be the way it is. Whether they decided to change it or something I have no idea, but it wasnt officially changed. Lets never mention it again incase they decide to change it back again (not that cor/brd or brd/cor is really ever useful, but still..)

I'm pretty sure it was changed during one of those "currently known issue" bug fixes they make after the patch. This one was after the New Merits patch. I may be wrong, but I remember reading up on it

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It was probably just a mistranslation from the getgo.

This is something very new to my attention. When I first started playing COR (Day after ToAU release) I though COR/BRD would be uber or w/e. Only to find that any song I casted had No effect. Never tried a song after that. Might just have to bring my COR out when I get bored now.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ranger, your sig is full of win /bow

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    I always thought it was like that. LS mate was going BRD/COR for limbus and had Ballad 1 and 2 and 1 roll on me at all times.
    Ugh, now I feel like I have to level cor to 37 for this

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Ugh, now I feel like I have to level cor to 37 for this
    Im leveling brd to 37 for this

since lvl 50 ive subbed BRD in every PT on my cor ;P

can easily keep 3 rolls, and 2 songs up full time while pre-pulling/sleeping. Cant really DD as COR/BRD but DD CORs fail anyways .

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I feel the amount of damage I can put out as a COR/RNG, while not comparable to a WAR or MNK, or even a NIN, is way more significant than what....Ballad 1 and a gimped Minuet or Madrigal? Keep in mind that I'd only be using COR if there were another BRD in the party already, so on top of their buffs, it's not going to make that much of a difference.

This was particularly true from like...54-75, most of which was on some form of Colibri, where I had to violently struggle not to steal hate from a PLD as COR/RNG. I can still pull hate at 75 if I don't watch myself, but it's not nearly as bad. And yes, I mean against good WARs, getting 15-20k an hour, blah blah blah.

Similarly, if I'm in a party as BRD, I want either /WHM or /NIN for utility. I could put Healer's Roll on the mage for the 1% of the time they get to rest, or add a bit more attack or acc to the melee that probably won't make the difference anyway. Or...I could take a fair amount less damage (/NIN, most camps these days) or do more useful /WHM-type stuff (sometimes).

I guess I could see using either combination in some specific non-exp situations (though I haven't), but for exp, it doesn't excite me. And I'd still feel more useful as /WHM on either job, or possibly /NIN on BRD, when doing most non-exp stuff. I feel about the same way about this as I did about the recently departed song stacking trick: yeah, you can do more buffs, but while buffs are the focus of either job, they're not the whole job.