Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Thread: Elemental Staves HQ Rate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Elemental Staves HQ Rate

I'm kinda curious as to what other people's hq rates are on these things? Since I got my 3rd +1 ww item, i've been doing batches at a time, and it seems my hq rates compared to others is abysmally low. My last 3 batches went like this.

1/5
    3/11
    4/19

Does this seem right to anyone, or is just my luck in game really sucky?

that's 8/35? 9/36 will put you exactly at 25%, so i guess the staff hq rate is 25% (instead of 30%) for tier2.

your next synth is garuanteed to be hq ;D

~25%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

76/296 = 25.67%

It hasn't been a good profit for ~1 year on my server, except for ppl growing their own ores and able to cut them to beads.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    76/296 = 25.67%

It hasn't been a good profit for ~1 year on my server, except for ppl growing their own ores and able to cut them to beads.
    Are the "classic" overdone synths ever good money now? Too many of the newer crafters seem to gravitate towards the haubergeon, scorp harness, staves assuming its how people make money.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp
    76/296 = 25.67%

Are the "classic" overdone synths ever good money now? Too many of the newer crafters seem to gravitate towards the haubergeon, scorp harness, staves assuming its how people make money.
    Well, they can be very good money when you're lucky enough to be above the average HQ rate for a while. My last batch of HQ staves was my best ever, I went 9/19 and it was during the big xmas sales at IGE...made ~2.5M profit per HQ. But you're obviously right, mainstream synths are not worth it anymore, with standard HQ rates. I'm pretty sure I started making good money the exact day I stopped making Elemental Staves

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp
    76/296 = 25.67%

Well, they can be very good money when you're lucky enough to be above the average HQ rate for a while. My last batch of HQ staves was my best ever, I went 9/19 and it was during the big xmas sales at IGE...made ~2.5M profit per HQ. But you're obviously right, mainstream synths are not worth it anymore, with standard HQ rates. I'm pretty sure I started making good money the exact day I stopped making Elemental Staves
    I view crafting like gambling, you have to stack the odds because ultimately if you aim for the "above average luck" the house will win.

we all have our weaknesses though 0/120 on genie weskit....

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My friend says he is 115/474 ~ 24.26%. He says he has never kept a bead after a break.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raizins
    My friend says he is 115/474 ~ 24.26%. He says he has never kept a bead after a break.
    I have twice, I tend to avoid crafting staves now as nqs are about (10k) on my server and HQ are about 800-1m w/ 200k ish ores.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

At least on bismark, ice staff is the worst to nq. I just npc those. The others go for 12k-90k on nq, so while it's still a loss, they sell quick enough to make it worth bazaaring em over npcing em. Just annoying when I wind up 1-2 hq's short on making a decent profit on these.

Now, let me pose to you this, what are your divine log hq rates? I was talking to another 100 ww on my server, and he can't figure out why my rate is practically non exsistant. On top of all the contract synths i've done for togi's, kabuto's, etc, plus all the shura gear i've synthed to make money, I have litterally hq'd a divine log once, over the course of 80+ logs? Does this seem right to anyone else?

Sounds right, that's just bad luck. I've gone 0/50+ on T1 several times. Made up by going 3/6 on some retarded t1 later, naturally.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

8/87 Divine logs here, but all were HQ1 ; ;

Did 30+ without any HQ, then got 3 HQs in a row (back to back but not the same day), and then it got more stable at around 1 HQ every ~10 synths.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena
    I have litterally hq'd a divine log once, over the course of 80+ logs? Does this seem right to anyone else?
    Sure, I'm about 3 for 100 on t1 Sole Sushi, shit happens.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: Elemental Staves HQ Rate

well I just recently hit 93 woodworking and just worked on getting gloves so 93+1 atm (working on other 2 items)

Out of curiosity i decided to buy a couple of beads (Ice) went to Woodworking guild and got adv synth. Now I am at 93+4 I set my self in HQ position and begin to synth first stave.......

W00T 1st ever stave and it HQs o.O feeling is excellent, proceed with number 2 and get an NQ.

I log on today what ya know New moon is happening, I wait till lightning day set myself in HQ position again 1st of that batch HQs other 2 gave me nqs. So so far I am 2/5 on the HQs which i think is very sexy and at 20% HQ rate so far. Not to bad for a Tier 1 ^.^ just need to hit Tier 2 now.

Thought I would share my story :D

Re: Elemental Staves HQ Rate

Thanks for sharing, try not to do it in a 6-month-old topic next time.