+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Shining Force 3 is the best game ever.

DS is a great handheld, PSP is a great portable emulator. They serve different purposes, stop fighting and get them both like me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

3.10 Released:
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-Firmwar...g/49/aid/81045

3.10 Decrypted:
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/We-kid-you-...g/49/aid/81155

It's amazing how fast this happens... It was decrypted the same day it came out! It's amazing how fast these people work. Congratulations C+D for decryption of 3.10 on release day!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    3.10 Released:

3.10 Decrypted:

It's amazing how fast this happens... It was decrypted the same day it came out! It's amazing how fast these people work. Congratulations C+D for decryption of 3.10 on release day!
    Yes yes yes! Now just gotta give Dark_Alex a day or two to work his magic, and we'll have 3.10 OE :D

Hopefully this fixes FF8 crashes during spell casting (mainly Gravija and Scan) and shit like that......

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    3.10 Released:

3.10 Decrypted:

Yes yes yes! Now just gotta give Dark_Alex a day or two to work his magic, and we'll have 3.10 OE :D

Hopefully this fixes FF8 crashes during spell casting (mainly Gravija and Scan) and shit like that......
    How do you change discs on the FF games do you have to restart and load your save or what? And is there any way to gameshark? (New to Popstation)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Look at the SCUS number on CD1 when you upload the ISO/img/whatever into popstation.... and use the exact same number for all the other CDs you do of the same game... this way, they're all practically the same file, so they will be able to load off of each other.

When you beat a CD, it asks you to save.... save, then it will bring up the CD change window... when this happens, you just leave your current game, go back to the main menu and load up the next CD, and then your save will be there saying "beginning of CD2" or w/e... and you're set. Load it up and play it.

Message me on AIM if you want a more specific explanation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

By the way, this guy does like the best icon animated movies (icon1 on popstation) that I know for the FFs... he's almost done working on CDs 3 and 4 for FF9, but he finished FF7 and 8 already. They're definitely worth using. They also come with music integrated in them already, so you don't need an snd0 file.

By the way, you need your snd0 and icon1 to both be under 500kb when you put them in popstation, or only the movie (icon1) will play, and the music won't... that's why I usually prefer an icon1 that's under 500kb that has integrated music in it already, like this guy does... makes everything alot easier.

Oh and here's another good site, for all the other pictures and whatnot you want to include:
    http://popsdb.twystneko.com/

You can put a picture instead of the warning image by the way, just switch the warning.png file in the popstation folder after you load up a img/iso into it (everytime you want to add a picture as your warning image right before the game loads you have to do this, because popstation automatically brings back the warning picture when you close the application... stupid Sony.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FYI, Dark_AleX released 3.10 OE-A today.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=47485

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Want to clue a noob in on how to get started with this? My firmware is version 2.00

semi-side note, but Shining Force was probably the first RPG I ever played.

Really mystified me in a way, all I had played prior to that was action games like double dragon lol.

And Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen was a wonderful game.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I have a 1.5 firmware psp, I want to play tactics but I dont want to lose my roms. Will I be able to upgrade to a specific firmware and retain the ability to rom it up without having to jump through hoops?

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Noob question: I have 3.10 on my JP PSP. By loading this "OE firmware" will I be able to play PS1 iso games?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cautery

Noob question: I have 3.10 on my JP PSP. By loading this "OE firmware" will I be able to play PS1 iso games?
    Upgraded to 3.10 = Screwed. No OE for you.

And Sonomaa, just get 3.10 OE-A.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you message me, exo, or the others that are on here talking about the Custom Firmware we can help you out with your custom firmware upgrade needs. Custom firmware = New Features + Homebrew.

Tonko

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    I to this day wish they had released Shining Force 3 part 2 & 3 the first one was complete ownage.
    I imported 2 & 3, as well as the bonus they were offering if you had all 3. There are storyline translations, and the game is largely based on visual icons for items & weapons.

That game remains my favorite game of all time. I love strategy games, and that was one of my favorite. I own a saturn just so I can play these 3 games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you need specific help PM me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you need specific help PM me.
    and if you need specific help PM me and I will ask Exoduso FOR you :-p!

Edit001: Class Time BBL!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol.

As for Sonomaa's question, any of DA's firmwares work with your roms, so yes you should upgrate. Having his firmware gives you everything the PSP has to offer, while still making it think it's on 1.5 settings, so you can practically do anything you want (and that includes playing SNESX9 or w/e it's called, and any PSX isos after you make them with popstation/PSX2PSP app.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

sup BG!

Playing FF7 on my PSP is awesome! Thanks guys! (had 3.03 firmware on PSP, not 3.10 woot)!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Since I've already typed it all out for thestalkmore, I guess i'll just post it here for general information:

First of all, you need to check if your version is compatible.

In order to do that, open the UMD tray in the back of the PSP, and check to see if you have any numbers on the right side (if you're holding the PSP in your hands, the screen should be facing away from you, and the UMD case open at the top when you're looking.) If you see a number on the right, you're pretty much screwed. If you don't really see anything at all, try to see if you see SOMETHING written at the BACK of that silver metal piece on the LEFT side (again, screen facing away from you and you're holding the PSP upright.) If you kind of sort of see something scribbled there, you're fine.

What you do at this point, is look for the 2.71 firmware upgrate (normal legit Sony one, I have one at home if you want to wait until tonight and message me about it later.) Once you have upgraded to 2.71, you will then use a generic downgrader to downgrade your PSP down to 1.5 (again, I got all those files if you want to message me tonight I can walk you through it.)

Once it's at 1.5, you would then want to install the latest OE firmware that Dark Alex has out (which would be 3.10 OE-A). In order for that to happen, you HAVE to find a 1.5 firmware (which I have) and a 3.10 firmware (which I also have.) Then you download DA's latest firmware, and his readme file will walk you through that installation.

Once that is done, you can check the system settings on your PSP to make sure it is indeed on 3.10 OE-A, and after that you're free to do whatever you please.

An earlier version of DA's firmware (I believe it was 3.02 OE-A) had the latest popstation come with it. You NEED a popstation, as well as an app called PSX2PSP. Once you have it set up, you will then make a regular ISO of a PSX game and load it up to PSX2PSP... it will make an Eboot.PBP file, which is the file the PSP will read as the game.

If you're interested in putting the PSX FF's on your PSP, it gets a little tricky with the saves transferring between CDs, so if you get to that point and need help i'll be glad to help you with that.

You can find the generic downgrader and most of the installations and FAQs on forums.maxconsole.net, but it might get a little tricky and annoying because there are so many topics going on there daily (on the firmware PSP section, first PSP section on that page is what you're looking for.) There's also an FAQ at that front page that tells you how to make sure which type of PSP you have, and how you should go about downgrading/upgrading your firmware.

If you need anything else just send me an AIM/MSN message and i'll be glad to help.

NINJA EDIT: Realize that i'm assuming you have a firmware that is UNDER 2.71 when I type this... if your firmware is currently over 2.71, there is a 3.something downgrader, which you will first need to upgrade your system to that specific number (again, check maxconsole to see which downgrader that is, I believe it's 3.03 but don't take my word for it since I never used it), and from there you would use the downgrader to go back down to 1.5

If your firmware is 3.10, you're basically screwed for the time being. (or if your system isn't compatible at all, see the top for the ways to check it it is or not -- inside of your UMD tray.)

I hope this helps..if you need more help, or any of the files, message me on AIM/MSN at any time after 6pm pst tonight.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you see a number on the right, you're pretty much screwed.
    X

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Are-you-ready- ... /aid/80842

i think they started ta-082 downgrading around christmas