+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1. #1
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    BG Level
    6

    PSP 3.03 DOWNGRADER NOW OUT!

    Requirements
    ------------
    In order to downgrade a 3.03 PSP you will need the following:

    - Original GTA LCS (any region), which should have the 2.00 update on the disc.

    - 3.03 Downgrader (this package)
    http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?op ... info&id=12

    - 1.50 Update
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

    - 3.03 Update if you are on firmware 2.81 to 3.02
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/ ... /catid/163

    ************************************************** ****************
    * WARNING, ANY DOWNGRADER HAS A CHANCE OF BRICKING A PSP. WHEN A *
    * PSP IS BRICKED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT ANYMORE. WE HAVE *
    * DONE A LOT TO TRY AND MINIMISE THE RISK, BUT THERE IS ALWAYS *
    * SOME LEVEL OF RISK WHICH YOU MUST ACCEPT IF YOU WANT TO *
    * DOWNGRADE *
    ************************************************** ****************

    Instructions
    ------------
    Here are the steps to downgrade any 3.03 PSP to 1.50:

    1 - If you have a 3.03 PSP skip to step 6

    2 - Download 3.03 update from here:
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/ ... /catid/163

    3 - Unzip and place the file in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

    4 - On the PSP, run the 3.03 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.

    5 - Delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

    6 - Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader ZIP to
    the memory stick

    7 - Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to
    UPDATE.PBP and copy it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT
    OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!

    8 - Load GTA LCS

    9 - It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black
    and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself (if
    this does not happen see section below)

    10 - Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to
    "System Information" and it should show up as system version
    303 HEN

    11 - If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and
    run the x.yz update

    12 - If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be
    prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it
    can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed
    without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

    13 - Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask
    for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to
    continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

    14 - Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the
    PSP, or try and restart it

    15 - Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

    16 - If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press x
    to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the
    settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to
    step 18

    17 - Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to
    restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config
    that was done automatically during the downgrade.

    18 - All done now Hopefully you now have a 1.50 PSP. Enjoy it responsibly.


    Troubleshooting
    ---------------
    - Ensure that you have the original GTA LCS, it should have a 2.00 update
    on the UMD, if it does not then it is a later version and can not be used
    to downgrade.

    - If GTA does not load 3.03 HEN and it loads up a save game, try making
    a backup copy of all of the directories in <pspdrive>:/PSP/SAVEDATA/
    before deleting them. Then try copying the contents of the 303 HEN zip
    to there.

    - If when trying to restore the network config using netconf backup you
    find that it gives you an error on the downgraded 1.50 PSP, try adding
    a temporary network config, then deleting it and run the netconf backup
    again.

  2. #2
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    all the modding people go through to justify their purchase of a PSP makes me lol.

  3. #3
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    BG Level
    6

    It's not that really its just you can do more stuff if you downgrade. It's just doing what something is not meant to do and that is fun for the people that do it... I myself am going to downgrade and then upgrade to custom firmwares ! I hear they have added alot of new stuff like the ability to play PS1 games without paying for them.

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5

    psp was the biggest waste of 250 dollars i ever spent and i bought a sega saturn at launch

  5. #5
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    BG Level
    6

    Well IMO now that you can downgrade then Upgrade to custom firmware and play PS1 games on it for free I think its finally worth it !

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    Well IMO now that you can downgrade then Upgrade to custom firmware and play PS1 games on it for free I think its finally worth it !
    I'm sorry, did you say something? I was busy playing Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Yoshi's Island 2, FF3, and Metroid Hunters.

  7. #7
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,919
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    psp was the biggest waste of 250 dollars i ever spent and i bought a sega saturn at launch
    Saturn was a good system, atleast tons better than the PSP; so many good RPGs.

  8. #8
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Personally, my PSP has gotten more use then my DS

  9. #9
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    i'd take a psp over a ds any day.

  10. #10
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    Well IMO now that you can downgrade then Upgrade to custom firmware and play PS1 games on it for free I think its finally worth it !
    I'm sorry, did you say something? I was busy playing Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Yoshi's Island 2, FF3, and Metroid Hunters.
    Oh snap you beat... Oh wait... I'm playing GTA VCS, GTA LCS, MHF, VP, Clock Tower 1 and 2, FFT, hmmm and in fact ALL of the PS1 games for free... Uhm yeah what was that?

    If I can download a PS1 game I can play it on my PSP!

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    psp was the biggest waste of 250 dollars i ever spent and i bought a sega saturn at launch
    Saturn was a good system, atleast tons better than the PSP; so many good RPGs.
    Did Saturn have alot of good RPG's? I only played the ones during the end of the system Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3 Part1 , and Shining the Holy Arc. If there were more I wanna go back and play them :D

  12. #12
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,919
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    psp was the biggest waste of 250 dollars i ever spent and i bought a sega saturn at launch
    Saturn was a good system, atleast tons better than the PSP; so many good RPGs.
    Did Saturn have alot of good RPG's? I only played the ones during the end of the system Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3 Part1 , and Shining the Holy Arc. If there were more I wanna go back and play them :D
    I cant find a list that has the RPGs released on Saturn, but yeah, there are atleast 10 or 15 or so. Saturn was the reason RPGs became popular.

  13. #13

    I to this day wish they had released Shining Force 3 part 2 & 3 the first one was complete ownage.

  14. #14
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    338
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    I to this day wish they had released Shining Force 3 part 2 & 3 the first one was complete ownage.
    I have Shining Force III Scenario I, II, and III. Scenario II, and III though are Japanese of course, so sad they never translated them and brought them over because they really are damn good. Dragon Force, and Shining Force III are my favorite RPGs for the Saturn.

  15. #15
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    Well IMO now that you can downgrade then Upgrade to custom firmware and play PS1 games on it for free I think its finally worth it !
    I'm sorry, did you say something? I was busy playing Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Yoshi's Island 2, FF3, and Metroid Hunters.
    Oh snap you beat... Oh wait... I'm playing GTA VCS, GTA LCS, MHF, VP, Clock Tower 1 and 2, FFT, hmmm and in fact ALL of the PS1 games for free... Uhm yeah what was that?

    If I can download a PS1 game I can play it on my PSP!
    I think he finds it funny that most games people play on the PSP aren't actually for the PSP (I find it funny too), and hacking a system just to make it worth the time...is actually kind of lame. A portable emulator is nice I guess, but there's not much to it besides that...I do wish the PSP had more games of it's own. The DS gets like...3 good games for every 1 on the PSP it seems like. Don't throw PS1 games into the mix though, the DS's GBA library is waiting for the chance to jump on ya for it.

    On the Shining Force stuff, maybe they will release it on the VC someday, especially Shining Force 2 (HUGE improvment over 1)...that was the first tactical RPG I ever played, and if FFT hadn't come along it might still have been the best I've ever played (although the Ogre Battle series was good too).

  16. #16
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,919
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Omg Ogre games pissed me off so much, theyre really aggravating. a 1 level difference is huge, let alone 3. I loved dying in 1 hit from an enemy thats just 3 levels above me.

  17. #17
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Omg Ogre games pissed me off so much, theyre really aggravating. a 1 level difference is huge, let alone 3. I loved dying in 1 hit from an enemy thats just 3 levels above me.
    I am still fuming at the N64 Ogre Battle, there was this ridiculous boss guy that had 2 Paladin type classes (they healed him x 2 each in a skirmish, when the only weaknesses of bosses is usually being able to wear them down...), and some class x 2 that hit HARD x 3 in one skirmish, plus him. I was like "Ok, I'll attack him from behind!", and the Paladins attacked me x 3 each for more ridiculous amounts. I never beat him...it wasn't quite as extreme as say, Fire Emblem, because you could revive people (somewhat), but it was a lot more freaking annoying that a lot of strategy RPGs I've run into (very limited special classes on your side vs the army of them you have to fight, for example). I loved that series though...I would like to see it on VC sometime also. So much RPG goodness I'm waiting for from VC, Nintendo needs to send a few out.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Omg Ogre games pissed me off so much, theyre really aggravating. a 1 level difference is huge, let alone 3. I loved dying in 1 hit from an enemy thats just 3 levels above me.
    I am still fuming at the N64 Ogre Battle, there was this ridiculous boss guy that had 2 Paladin type classes (they healed him x 2 each in a skirmish, when the only weaknesses of bosses is usually being able to wear them down...), and some class x 2 that hit HARD x 3 in one skirmish, plus him. I was like "Ok, I'll attack him from behind!", and the Paladins attacked me x 3 each for more ridiculous amounts. I never beat him...it wasn't quite as extreme as say, Fire Emblem, because you could revive people (somewhat), but it was a lot more freaking annoying that a lot of strategy RPGs I've run into (very limited special classes on your side vs the army of them you have to fight, for example). I loved that series though...I would like to see it on VC sometime also. So much RPG goodness I'm waiting for from VC, Nintendo needs to send a few out.
    That bolded part is the only reason I have yet to beat Tactic ogre, because of the bullshit cheapness of the boss characters and having to keep everyone the same level. Also you didn't get the revive spell till after you completed like 60% of the game. If some of your character died you had to reset and try again. How good was Ogre Battle 64? I never got to play it due to the fact that I could never find it for sell

  19. #19
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Heh, I never even had to wait for this because my PSP was collecting dust for months, therefore it was already at 2.7 and just downgraded it down to 1.5 and installed dark_alex's firmwares (newest one is 3.03OE-C btw.)

    I've used my PSP ALOT lately, mainly because I pumped up 2 4gig sandisk mem sticks with all the PSX FF games, including the remakes.

    Now if I could just find a stronger PSP battery, because the regular one runs out pretty fast.

  20. #20
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Omg Ogre games pissed me off so much, theyre really aggravating. a 1 level difference is huge, let alone 3. I loved dying in 1 hit from an enemy thats just 3 levels above me.
    I am still fuming at the N64 Ogre Battle, there was this ridiculous boss guy that had 2 Paladin type classes (they healed him x 2 each in a skirmish, when the only weaknesses of bosses is usually being able to wear them down...), and some class x 2 that hit HARD x 3 in one skirmish, plus him. I was like "Ok, I'll attack him from behind!", and the Paladins attacked me x 3 each for more ridiculous amounts. I never beat him...it wasn't quite as extreme as say, Fire Emblem, because you could revive people (somewhat), but it was a lot more freaking annoying that a lot of strategy RPGs I've run into (very limited special classes on your side vs the army of them you have to fight, for example). I loved that series though...I would like to see it on VC sometime also. So much RPG goodness I'm waiting for from VC, Nintendo needs to send a few out.
    That bolded part is the only reason I have yet to beat Tactic ogre, because of the bullshit cheapness of the boss characters and having to keep everyone the same level. Also you didn't get the revive spell till after you completed like 60% of the game. If some of your character died you had to reset and try again. How good was Ogre Battle 64? I never got to play it due to the fact that I could never find it for sell
    I only rented it twice (I could never find it for sale either, shoulda just kept it and paid Blockbuster), but it was good from what I remember of it. Your hero guy and starting army group was fairly customizable, they had a special area in the game where you could pay a little money to level up lower levels without dying (the pay needed scaled with the level I think), and there were a fair amount of hidden people, classes, and items that i found even without using a walkthrough. I'm not sure exactly how different it was from other Ogre Battle games for the PS1 and SNES since I could never find a copy of those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. And now a random fact about Vin Diesel: Will never die.
    By Scunsion in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 816
    Last Post: 2015-10-28, 10:38
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV Release (Okay, now it's out)
    By Elesirdur in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 502
    Last Post: 2008-08-05, 09:50
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 2007-09-04, 16:28
  4. Ps1 emu for PSP is out
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2006-11-27, 04:40
  5. You may now watch Television on your PSP
    By Borisan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-10-14, 01:01
  6. PSP Downgrade 2.0 -> 1.5 [Finally!]
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-10-01, 21:55
  7. PSP 2.0 downgrade working
    By Pete in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-09-27, 23:11
  8. *Sighs* PSP US 2.00 still isnt out...
    By DarkMistSkeleton in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-08-21, 17:21
  9. Go out and buy this now ...
    By layoneil in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-12-06, 15:25