Thread: Question about dyn-tav     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Question about dyn-tav

Dunno if I should post that in dyn-section or this one...anyway.

I understand, 1 single diablos is probably the easiest way to win, but people are going to aggro more than 1 at time. My question is, would it be easier to just pop all 4 and finish last 25%, or try to manage to kill 2.

Since other 3 diablos run at normal speed, it wouldnt be too hard to kite it in the east half of the central circle, and you can bring them back 1 by 1 after.
    http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...safehold_2.jpg

Can probably kill the hardest 2 with a chainspell stun + 2h. If kiting is as easy as I think it would be, you could possibly rest between kill if needed.

Every nuke takes about 3%hp from what I noticed, and we usually have around 4 blm. It could probably go down really quickly if it doesnt buff up, with melee WS'ing them too.

My question is, would the strats works, or people tried it and fail?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Nvm, aggro x4 is 50% apparently. Someone told me it was 25% earlier >_>

Well, could a thf possibly pull diablos there and kite it solo if you only have 2 popped. It's not that hard to pass 2 with flee, unless diablos mob link with the npc.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

They have draw-in

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it doesnt matter, you need to kill all that you aggro to get the clear.

my LS found this out when we aggroed 2...killed one, but the 2nd didnt depop nor did ??? pop.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    it doesnt matter, you need to kill all that you aggro to get the clear.

my LS found this out when we aggroed 2...killed one, but the 2nd didnt depop nor did ??? pop.
    Yeah, we killed one today and wiped to 2nd. Got nothing but a fancy title. I'm asking this simply to figure an easy way to hold 2nd, since there is not much place to kite near alliance.

However, if they have draw in, I guess it pretty much seal the deal and force you to fight everything popped in the small area where they pop

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Has this ever been beaten yet? And what AF2-1 drops here?

Blackice

Has been cleared yes, and Body/Legs -1 and Xarca/Beau AF2 drops there along with Hydra gear from Taurus.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    Has been cleared yes, and Body/Legs -1 and Xarca/Beau AF2 drops there along with Hydra gear from Taurus.
    Any exceptional drop rates? And anything cool for beating it? (Yeah I doubt it, but you never know)

Blackice

Nothing cool but a title for winning, and drop rate on everything blows complete ass.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nothing cool but a title for winning, and drop rate on everything blows complete ass.
    I bet ppl say the same about CoP drops...feel free to go look at the DORP thread in the screenshots to see CoP drops.

New Merits
    BG Level

Tav vs rest of CoP zones is just on a different level. We get good drops in CoP zones, usually 6-9 a run which we think is well worth the time spent, so we do 3 a month usually. Tavnazia on the other hand, in around 13 hours farming ( with 2 TH4 ) usually spending about 70-80 minutes of that post time extensions plowing mobs, we've seen a grand total of 1 Hydra Haubert drop. Not a single piece of -1 or AF2 and that will pretty much demoralize any LS.

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I bet ppl say the same about CoP drops...feel free to go look at the DORP thread in the screenshots to see CoP drops.
    You can't even compare Tav to the other CoP zones, like Lhexh said the drop rates are on a completely different level. We do really well in CoP zones as do other LS's, that just doesn't happen for ANY LS in tav.

I am also of the opinion that Tavnazia is gay as hell.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's kinda ironic how SE think low drop rate is what are going to make us stick longer to the game. I'm sure people would do dyn-tav sooooo much more if you were seeing 5 pieces per run (1-2 hydra + a few other)

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

i personally love tavnazia ahha. My ls has cleared tavnazia multiple times by killing a single aggroed diabolos...however...you get a ??? to get silver and thats it. Not sure if killing all 4 nets you some sweet shit or what

I was all excited to go so was a pretty decent raid overall.

2 noobesque questions
    You get the Interloper title by killing the ones you aggro right? So in our case tonight we aggrod 2 and killed 1 for the teaser title. :D

Extensions from the eyes? How hard have these been? We ran 2 raids, 1 tried the boss w/ 17 and the other 12 decided to try some farming. Anyone with enough experience willing to share some tips on the additional time out there?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Alpsyche
    I was all excited to go so was a pretty decent raid overall.

2 noobesque questions
    You get the Interloper title by killing the ones you aggro right? So in our case tonight we aggrod 2 and killed 1 for the teaser title. :D

Extensions from the eyes? How hard have these been? We ran 2 raids, 1 tried the boss w/ 17 and the other 12 decided to try some farming. Anyone with enough experience willing to share some tips on the additional time out there?
    yea um here's a link to what we have http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650

basically on the 2nd floor, you kill your way to the connecting hallway, kill the middle eye, that pops the ??? which you check to get 30 mins and to repop that entire floor...then you go to the 3rd floor and do the exact same to get the next 30 mins.

There's a long thread in the Dynamis section here about popping the extra time extensions. Also, I mostly just want to state my opinion that although Tavnazia has the worst drop rates, it's also the most fun zone in the game. It's a totally different type of challenge from other Dynamis areas.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Has anyone actually gotten a Body-1 from tavnazia? We've done many runs and gotten the win before, have gotten hydra gear, xarc af, legs-1 etc, but never a body-1. Also i have never seen a body -1, even in a screenshot. Personally, i think there is more to the zone that we have yet to figure out.

I thought I read somewhere that the -1 drops all depended on where you were farming. I could be wrong though, prolly am. Something like -1 legs near the Ah iirc