+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Browser problems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Browser problems

I'm using windows XP professional, and the latest Firefox browser

and I am having troubles viewing .gif's

They only show up as a still image(first frame)

I am not sure what I did to disable them, as I was able to view them in the past.

I've fumbled through all the options to no avail..

any help is appreciated.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My computer makes it so I can't view gifs if my firewall is up (I use ZoneAlarm btw). It's the same thing you said, it views just the first still frame. Whenever I take the firewall down the images start to play when I reload the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    My computer makes it so I can't view gifs if my firewall is up (I use ZoneAlarm btw). It's the same thing you said, it views just the first still frame. Whenever I take the firewall down the images start to play when I reload the page.
    haha bingo, I got zonealarm as well

that has to be it, in the past I hadnt renewed my subscription on it, that was why I could view gifs

thanks Ziegus lol

ZoneAlarm is garbage imo. Too many bells and whistles, not enough basic reliability. Sygate is a winner.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    ZoneAlarm is garbage imo. Too many bells and whistles, not enough basic reliability. Sygate is a winner.

I used Sygate a lot and it's very reliable, haven't used it on my new machine though. ZoneAlarm is a bit way too overdone, but it's mainly for home users so go figure a lot like it to be flashy. I prefer the non-descript ones that do their job quietly.

To be honest I've got the newest version of Norton's home security and it's also very good. As far as I can tell all the attempts to crack in have failed as well as no viruses have had their little eggs attached.

Granted I have a hardwired Firewall on my router and two software walls on my machines.

Sorry went further into detail than I should have =P

Quote Originally Posted by asze
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue

I prefer the non-descript ones that do their job quietly.
    My point exactly. Sygate takes very little setting up and uses very few resources.

Where do you get all those damn pictures.

I'm so resourceful I shit them apparently.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

zonealarm -> privacy -> ad blocking -> unclick the animation box in ads to block.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    zonealarm -> privacy -> ad blocking -> unclick the animation box in ads to block.
    thanks a bunch.