٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How to change salvage in 5 minutes of your time

https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s ... olg_loc=en

That is the link to the suggestion box at Playonline, they do check it, and they will change it if enough of us complain.

If you're posting, post suggestions specifically saying salvage is too random and needs some minor tweaking, refer to bhaflau as the perfect zone (which in my opinion it is), saying how without mnks or pups the whole zone is not doable, etc.

Personally I'm going to suggest that people enter with random weapon/magic/ability cells each (or maybe you buy a ticket with your IS points), and just tweak zones like arrapago which if unlucky, you could literally not make it past the first floor due to no weapon /magic unlocks.

Don't post saying "Waawaa they don't listen".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you can also use this to complain about other things too

i've used this for a while and i've seen a couple things i've e-mailed about changed sometime later.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I just suggested things such as :

Scale some mobs down, Bhaflau's lvl1 is perfect, flare doesnt do normal dmg, aoe do 1/tic, mob HP is low, wheras silver sea drown is still 15hp/tic, mobs have too much HP, etc.

Crate in first room that contains 10 random cells, should be in the room that you enter in to so that you can obtain them all while buffing the RR and such.

I sent suggestions too. Summary of what I suggested:

1) Ratio of Assault Points obtainable per week to Assault Points required for Salvage needs to be increased.

2) Equipment Drops from NMs in Salvage need adjusting.

3) Cell drops too rare in non-Bhaflau zones.

4) Mages have nothing to do, and in zones like Arrapago could potentially be excluded from participating for the entire 100 minutes.

I didn't suggest anything regarding bosses because personally I think LBC is great and I'm glad he's hard. I think more boss strategies will come out once people can more easily fight the bosses.

The one suggestion that I made is that cells not be completely random drops in other zones. There should be a predictable number of cells that drop on each floor, and they should be evenly distributed. It can still be random which monsters drop which cells (although some way of ensuring that you get magic early would be nice), but make it so that the number of each cell that would drop on that floor if you killed everything is a fixed number (eg. 10 Precipatio, 10 Opacus, 5 SJ).

Ending up with 15 abilities and 2 magic is more frustrating to me than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I sent suggestions too. Summary of what I suggested:

1) Ratio of Assault Points obtainable per week to Assault Points required for Salvage needs to be increased.

2) Equipment Drops from NMs in Salvage need adjusting.

3) Cell drops too rare in non-Bhaflau zones.

4) Mages have nothing to do, and in zones like Arrapago could potentially be excluded from participating for the entire 100 minutes.

I didn't suggest anything regarding bosses because personally I think LBC is great and I'm glad he's hard. I think more boss strategies will come out once people can more easily fight the bosses.
    Here's what I suggested:
    1) too much dependency on hand-to-hand skill at the beginning (although nobody really complains about the dependency on dispel/refresh for 99% of the rest of the game lol) Weapons/magic should be guaranteed near the beginning of the run.

2) mob difficulty and drop rate should scale based on number of parties present. less people should mean less hp, less cell drops.

3) 2k AP is too steep for what you get (especially for people saving AP for the EX armor sets). Either decrease the cost, give alternate ways to get AP, or make Salvage more rewarding outside of the salvage armor--money/xp/Kindred Seals/AP/IS for "accomplishing" things would be cool.

For example, if you got 250 'generic' AP each for each teleporter that you activated, and 100-1000 'generic' AP for defeating minibosses and bosses, and you would automatically use this generic AP for your next permit. So if you earned 1000 generic AP in a run, your next permit would only cost 1000 instead of 2000.

I also mentioned that relic triple-dmg proc is broken when the relic weapon is offhanded.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I also mentioned that relic triple-dmg proc is broken when the relic weapon is offhanded.
    really? It doesn't even 3x damage proc at all?

Correct. Wafik tested it out the other day. I assume that's the same bug that prevents my offhand from tripling with Spharai.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Correct. Wafik tested it out the other day. I assume that's the same bug that prevents my offhand from tripling with Spharai.
    or maybe its not a bug because SE realized how broken destroyers are in contrast to other KS30 weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    or maybe its not a bug because SE realized how broken destroyers are in contrast to other KS30 weapons.
    Are you really that bored?

Whatever the case, relic triple-dmg doesn't work if the weapon is offhanded, and that seems like definitely "broken" behavior for non-h2h weapons, and is arguably "broken" for h2h as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: How to change salvage in 5 minutes of your time

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    just tweak zones like arrapago which if unlucky, you could literally not make it past the first floor due to no weapon /magic unlocks.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but don't you mean silversea? The times we've done arrapago, magic seemed to drop reliably from the mage lamia. By contrast, we've timed out/wiped on the first floor of silversea on 3/4 runs while getting no magic unlocks whatsoever, and at most 2 weapon unlocks. The other run we only had 1 magic unlock and still timed out on floor one. That was the only zone that seemed completely based on luck to me.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

we had our lone magic cell drop from the final lamia in the whole zone,after sneaking past it all, if that one didnt drop we'd be free of magic

silver sea has been more reliable for us than arrapago

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They need to just always drop at least 1 cell, especially with how many stats and other things are taken away from EVERYONE entering.

There are a guaranteed 3 magic cells from the end-rooms on first floor of SS. Arrapago, if you're unlucky, you can get no magic at all--there's only 9 mage lamia, with ~50% drop rate and ~50% chance that drop is praecipitatio, and 1 of them is a blm with ice spikes.

1 of them is a blm with ice spikes.
    Boy, a Claustrum sure would come in handy.

There are a guaranteed 3 magic cells from the end-rooms on first floor of SS. Arrapago, if you're unlucky, you can get no magic at all--there's only 9 mage lamia, with ~50% drop rate and ~50% chance that drop is praecipitatio, and 1 of them is a blm with ice spikes.
    That's only if you take the NM path though. We avoid that path because it takes us significantly longer to clear than the other side (I haven't really determined why this is), plus it's a pain in the ass to deal with the linking fomors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    That's only if you take the NM path though. We avoid that path because it takes us significantly longer to clear than the other side (I haven't really determined why this is), plus it's a pain in the ass to deal with the linking fomors.
    The west side has 17 "easy" fomors (dropping 2 cells each for a total of 34 cells) and 6 "hard" fomors (dropping 3 cells each) and a NM. One of the hard fomor is guaranteed to drop 3 prae cells.

The east side has 13 "easy" fomors (dropping 3 cells each for a total of 39 cells) and 8 "hard" fomors (dropping 5 cells each). One of the hard fomor is guaranteed to drop 3 prae cells.

Thus no matter which route you take, you're guaranteed 3 prae cells, even if you get 0 off the "easy" fomors which are random droppers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Hmm, I guess we were just lucky with arrapago. Both magic and mp seemed to be about 75% drop for us on three different runs with 1 thf.

Not to get too far off topic, but are these guarenteed silverseas magic cells in the big rooms of 6-8 linking fomor, because we cleared EVERYTHING up to these rooms on multiple runs and still didnt get above 0-1 magic. EDIT: nevermind, already answered.

It would make alot of sense to me if each job went in with a specific unlock to start. It doesn't have to be the ideal unlock for that job, I can imagine thf or sam starting with ranged for example, but anything that would enable your job to do SOMETHING upon entering, and not be totally helpless when you get shafted on drops.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I swear I've heard this info awhile back, and thought it was the norm.

You're right ... I forgot that the fomor in the big room on the east side had fixed drops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast