+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monitor Headaches     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Monitor Headaches

Is there any way to adjust monitor settings other than Brightness/Contrast? I was messing around with Adobe Photoshop today and I got into some Adobe Gamma thing that screwed up my monitor's color setting or something like that. Now I can't look at the monitor for more than 5 mins without getting a headache. Is there a way that I can set the changes back to how they were before? Would doing a driver rollback help this problem?

P.S. As an example, on 4chan, I used to see the yellow/orange menu on the left with a clear distinction from the rest of the site. But now it blends in and looks almost white.

- Edit - I fixed it, I just had to mess around with the monitor software settings a bit.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go to the monitor menu and select the "recall" menu. I'm not sure if that's just for resolution but on some monitors, It reverts everything back to factory.

If you were to provide the type of monitor you have, you can google some information on it and it can tell you how you can restore everything to factory, or give you the default settings.

Old Merits
    BG Level

What kind of video card do you have?

If you have a nVidia card, open up the nVidia control panel from your control panel. Under Display you can change any color correction or any other options you want to play with.

If you have an ATI card, I'm certain they have an equivalent, ATI-Catalyst Control Panel or something of that nature,