Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I want to come up with an open letter to SE

In it, I will have a list of concerns and suggestions about the game that we, the players, are, for the most part, in agreement should be changed. Also, we can address things that we like and would like to see more of. I think getting it organized and signed by many people will make it much more appealing to SE to pay attention to.

I'm talking about how they should make available things like a truly free downloadable trial and pre-paid time cards, and also some in game changes that need to be made, like a built in windower. This topic will be for discussing what should be in that letter. If we can come to agreement on enough suggestions, I will format a letter and post it to be reviewed. After the letter is finalized, I will collect signatures from this site, GameFAQs (where I usually reside), Allakhazam, FFXIclopedia, and anywhere else we think we can get signatures.

So, begin the discussion. Every idea has pros and cons. The things that are most important to me would be pre-paid cards, a free trial for the game, a windower supported by SE, and ideas to counter RMT efforts.

Pre-paid cards would most likely bring in a lot of younger players, but it would also be a way for people who otherwise can't pay for the game to be able to play. From my experience at EB, there's many people who buy WoW cards, even with an available credit card, simply because they prefer having pre-paid cards to an auto-drafting CC listed.

As for the free-trial, it would give many people the opportunity to try out this game without having to commit $30 to play it for the first month. This also has a downside. RMT would have unlimited, untraceable mules at their disposal. Unless, of course, you have to enter a credit card or pre-paid card just to set the account up for the first 30 days.

Windower makes it convenient for people to play and look for reference material and/or do other things while they're not actively playing FFXI but want to stay logged in. Yes, it makes it easier for people to run illegal scripts, but anyone who is using illegal third party tools is already running windower. Most or all major online games support a windowed mode, and it's time this one has it too.

As for combating RMT, this is by far the most difficult subject. It's impossible to completely eliminate them, obviously, however, they can be slowed by just changing around the way some items are earned in game. How about an alternative to Byakko's Haidate that's comparable but force spawned? How about just ****ing remove sky from the game and give everyone a set of God gear? I don't know a lot about this one, hopefully you guys have some ideas.

Let us begin.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

people send letters like these to SE everyday.

Tonko

There's already an avenue to contact SE regarding these matters, and I didn't see anything you posted here that hasn't been talked to death before.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not the place for something like this.

An open letter probably does more harm than good. 100 individual letters >>>>>> 1 group letter