+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Happen to Anyone else?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Happen to Anyone else?

I just was sent to GM Jail for having JP characters in macros/search comments. I of course lied and said I did it solely with notepad instead of any "Third Party Applications" like Macro Editors/Windower/Etc.

I guess they're really cracking down on this stuff. Be careful, I took all of mine out. My Bard macros are ugly now .

if you speak japanese, you should have loaded up windower IME and requested a JP GM then lied your way out of it, if you don't speak japanese, stop being a poser. and they don't actively look for people with japanese search comments, macros and bazaar comments, some dreidel mcdouche with extra yeast probably GMed you

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Some japanese words in your search comment are usefull, if you live if EU you would know that.

I've heard of it happening to a few people before, one even got a temp ban or something... But this was well over a year ago by now. Did they give you any kind of punishment or a warning on your account or what?

Quote Originally Posted by pii
    Some japanese words in your search comment are usefull, if you live if EU you would know that.
    Romanjii is just as easily understood as Hiragana/Katakana. Japanese characters aren't necessary, and if someone really judges you because you can't use Japanese characters then odds are their PT is going to blow anyway. The very few JP ONRY players I see nowadays are usually the worst/asshole/gimp ones that you wouldn't invite in the first place.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Romanjii is just as easily understood as Hiragana/Katakana. Japanese characters aren't necessary, and if someone really judges you because you can't use Japanese characters then odds are their PT is going to blow anyway. The very few JP ONRY players I see nowadays are usually the worst/asshole/gimp ones that you wouldn't invite in the first place.
    QFT, the truly good players realized there were damn good non-JP players long ago.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"I imported the japanese client a long time ago. I have both installed on my computer, and I just logged into the japanese version to make some of my macros."

The notepad thing isnt going to fly if you get a GM who knows what theyre talking about (lol?). Theres no way to get japanese text into the game on NA client without third party support, whether it be windower or a macro editor.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Someone called a GM on you, that's all.

And yes, JP ONRY is extinct, the only people doing it live in 2003, and tank with vit rings, make 2k/hr pt etc.

/cue JP ONRY collage

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    if you don't speak japanese, stop being a poser.
    That just about sums it up.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I've gotten JP onry'd with 2 ridills and a relic in the party >_>

Yeah, we cried about it

Blackice

Sadly the last merit pt pickup JP I partied with was an osode WAR using woodsville/martial axe...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I've gotten JP onry'd with 2 ridills and a relic in the party >_>

Yeah, we cried about it
    lol, reminds me of the time I got denied as "(|Thief|) (|Too weak|) (|Experience Points|) (|Goodbye|) from a rdm that I asked to join pt, and yes this is post mandau

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    Sadly the last merit pt pickup JP I partied with was an osode WAR using woodsville/martial axe...
    loloffhandmartial

Banned.

BG Level

I like the JP text for its funny faces you can make out of it.

Why this game doesn't let you type in Japanese(and other characters not on the keyboard) is beyond me.

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    loloffhandmartial
    It almost pissed me off to the point of posting the parser results in PT chat, but I was feeling nice that night.

i once kicked an NA out of my pt because he was using the jp version and kept asking what words in the auto translator meant. i said "why not just play on the na version?" he said "can you do this on the na version JPFACE" he was also seeking with a J and a japanese seacom

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

>_> I merit using Woody/Manny... but I do not even own a Martial Axe.

Blackice

That's a completely different scenario, martial offhand (or mainhand for that matter) is completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by markasstrick
    i once kicked an NA out of my pt because he was using the jp version and kept asking what words in the auto translator meant. i said "why not just play on the na version?" he said "can you do this on the na version JPFACE" he was also seeking with a J and a japanese seacom
    wow, ....speechless lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1. jp are so great, the fact they play blm like an utter pussy, mathma hats in exp pt's.

2. w.feet pld tanks, so newb so newb so newb.

3. They still think they are better than NA,EU (insert non-jp here) when the jp are now the laughing stock of the end game. lol @ jp plds having aegis but no shield skill merits + no shield gear equip, lol @ them trying to enfeeble shit in dalmatica's on rdm and nuking in them on BLM's.

If you log into POL but dont open the actual game you can copy over any characters. Just copy, hit play on POL and CTRL V into the macro line. Only thing is you have to relog for each line you want copied over. I dont see why that would be againts their policy.