BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moghancement priorities?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Moghancement priorities?

I'm trying to re-feng shui my Mog House again to have light, wind, and water somewhat in balance. My goal is to be able to put up one of three things and change my Moghancement:

Miniature Airship for Experience
    Cordon Bleu Set for Cooking Skill
    The Big One for Fishing Skill

I know how Moghancements work (sum up energies, highest energy is dominant, strongest single piece has Moghancement.) What I'm curious about is how it figures Moghancement precedence when multiple pieces have the same strength.

For a concrete example, consider a Mog House with only two furnishings: a Freshwater Aquarium (Water strength 5, Moghancement Fishing) and a The Big One (Water strength 5, Moghancement Fishing Skill). Which Moghancement will I get?

If people know which takes precedence, in this specific case or for Moghancements in general, that would really help my planning. I don't want to go buying a whole bunch of furnishings to test it out since my funds are very limited right now, so any advice you could give would help a lot.

Re: Moghancement priorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    For a concrete example, consider a Mog House with only two furnishings: a Freshwater Aquarium (Water strength 5, Moghancement Fishing) and a The Big One (Water strength 5, Moghancement Fishing Skill). Which Moghancement will I get?
    your moogle will say there a mix of elements since both are tied for strength

to get each of the moghancements you want out of the 3 u listed, to get them when u need em u'll need to take out pieces to make that energy the strongest only thing i can tell ya

for mine i had to make a few walahra burners to overwrite my mannequins for bonecraft

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

... but both are water, so my moogle will say that the place is filled with water energy. @_@ I asked a similar question at Alla a little while back, and all I could get out of them was "Hurr this is how Moghancements work", even when I had explained that I understood how they worked.

And I know for certain it won't say they're a mix, because an alchemist friend of mine from Bastok reported that there was a clear winner between his Emeralda and his Bastokan flag. I can't remember which he said won... I think it was Moghancement: Bastok Conquest.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay... never mind the previous one. I've simplified my plans enough that this can probably work, though it'd still be good to know which Moghancements take precedence over which when the furnishings have the same strength.

I now have it reduced to one question.

Suppose that a hypothetical Mog House has a Cordon Bleu Set and a Windurstian Flag out. Both are wind element, strength 9. Will the house have Windurst Conquest or Cooking Skill Moghancement? This is one that can be tested explicity by a Windurstian chef who has saved up more GP than I have and who is higher rank than I am (saving for apron and on 9-2 BC, respectively.) Thanks!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, I've been wondering about something related. When you have the crafting furniture will it actually say Moghancement: Goldsmithing (or whatever craft you have) or is it totally passive and you still have whatever moghancement was present before? The reason I ask is because I got the Fool's Gold but it still says Moghancement: Fishing in my mog house, so if I need to do something to get that extra +1 to skill to kick in it would be nice to know

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This one, I know! Let's see, if you have Fool's Gold... ah, you don't even have light maximum, do you? No light-based furnishing has Moghancement Fishing. To get your Moghancement: Goldsmithing Skill, do the following:

1. Add light-based furnishings or subtract whatever the dominant element is, until your house is filled with light energy.

2. Make sure nothing has a light element strength greater than Fool's Gold (i.e., don't have a Mahogany Bed or Miniature Airship out.)

And you'll get your +1!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know of any other moghancements that are "passive" so I'd guess that it would say Moghancement:Goldsmithing if you had it active.
    If you have Moghancement:Fishing though, Light can't be the dominant element in your MH, as there aren't any Light furnitures (as far as I can tell) that give you fishing?

As to which Moghancementyou get when two items have the same strength, the item you have more of will give you the Moghancement. If you only have (or can have) one of each though I guess you'd have to try them to know. Maybe there's a set order if there are ties?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, must be all those cabinets I have. Guess I'll have to buy a couple mannequins to replace them, thanks for the help.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir
    As to which Moghancementyou get when two items have the same strength, the item you have more of will give you the Moghancement. If you only have (or can have) one of each though I guess you'd have to try them to know. Maybe there's a set order if there are ties?
    Yeah, that was my question... I figure there's probably some set order of precedence. Knowing my luck, less desirable ones are higher priority. But I lack the gear/resources to be experimenting with it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    And I know for certain it won't say they're a mix, because an alchemist friend of mine from Bastok reported that there was a clear winner between his Emeralda and his Bastokan flag. I can't remember which he said won... I think it was Moghancement: Bastok Conquest.
    Wow, I just came here to ask that exact question. I have the Bastokan flag and am shortly going to get the Esmerelda, and was wondering which would take precedence since I have a lightning dominant moghouse, but they both have the same strength (9). I'm really hoping it matters as to the order in which you put them in your layout, as I would like to be able to display my set of three flags all at once and still have Alchemy skill enhancement. (This is especially irritating since I'm now a San d'orian).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, I'm a chef and would like to be able to show off all three flags (eventually!), but I don't know if that would work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I don't know if it still works, but you used to be able to switch just by changing the order you placed them in the mog house.

I've just left mine on bonecraft forever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The last I checked, when I have the Cordon Bleu Set and Federation Flag up, they cancel each other out and I get Moghancement: Wind.

I can check when I get home, but it seems that when you have two items of the same element and the same strength, they cancel each other and it goes to the next most powerful item.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    The last I checked, when I have the Cordon Bleu Set and Federation Flag up, they cancel each other out and I get Moghancement: Wind.

I can check when I get home, but it seems that when you have two items of the same element and the same strength, they cancel each other and it goes to the next most powerful item.
    Oi. @_@ If you wouldn't mind checking, I'd appreciate that. Maybe see if the order that you place them affects it (by removing and replacing) like Tordall suggested?

Rar. I had hoped to have all three flags up for looks without completely screwing over my elemental arrangement... the bit that annoys me is that I could totally pull off what I wanted to do without too much sweat if I wanted to make my Mog House look like crap. I wish I had a bit more space to work with.