+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GIF Sig Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

GIF Sig Help

Title pretty much says it all. I am trying to learn how to create animated(gif) sigs/avatars. I have Photoshop CS2 free trial that i have been dinking around with but i guess i am just missing something. I have found numerous guides to creating regular sigs but nothing to help full on creating animated ones. I have absolutely no official training in anything having to do with computers other than a little Visual Basic crap back in college. Pretty much try to learn as i go but this is stumping me.

If any of you could point me to site that i could learn from i would much appreciate it.

Thanks

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

An extremely basic, starter i came across, but might aid in figuring out how to start a gif. I suspect one of Wafiks tuitions could come in handy here >.>

http://www.rochester.edu/its/web/WebHel ... ation.html

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i think the addon of CS2 is called image ready.

Itll open up the image in a frame by frame view and you just have to set the delays between them. Also you can set your tween (the fade in, fade out if wanted) and the transitions.

Plus i think it has an automation function that will spread your image out.
    What you're doing though is having a layer 1 (start image) and a layer 2 (end image) each individual image has a layer and then it spreads them out and sets the delay and transition out between them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    i think the addon of CS2 is called image ready.

Itll open up the image in a frame by frame view and you just have to set the delays between them. Also you can set your tween (the fade in, fade out if wanted) and the transitions.

Plus i think it has an automation function that will spread your image out.
    What you're doing though is having a layer 1 (start image) and a layer 2 (end image) each individual image has a layer and then it spreads them out and sets the delay and transition out between them.
    I remember when i did this i had to make sure i hid the proper slides. My .gif was about 35 slides and when i started it it looks like garbled shit until i hid the proper ones. Takes some time but just mess around with it

Thanks all. Been messing with image ready and cant seam to figure out the whole layering. But now i got more info so back to the drawing board. My goal is to create a masterpiece for the WORST SIG thread j/kj/k