Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that there are many people on these forums that are very interested in a unlocked "legit" AV kill, no matter how it's accomplished. If it works I want to be one of the first to congratulate you and (proverbially) shake your hand! But, I still think you guys might be underestimating AV's power. Like you said, we can beat things to death on "paper" but we'll never know unless someone goes out there and tries it.

Quote Originally Posted by aers
    i know. i was using the fact that the only people who lived through it were aegis and shadow ring paladins to make a point, but I forgot to..make the point. <_<
    Actully I lived thru 2 of them on rdm. =)

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cubana
    I'm simply providing an ideal situation in which AV can be killed. With 12 drks or so, we should be able knock AV down pretty fast. Will it be 30 secs fast? Maybe 40 seconds? Who knows what AV will do with hundred fists or Mighty Strikes on while it's getting massive tp from KC drks. Noone knows because noone has tried it. It could turn out that we do kill it in 30 seconds and it doesn't have time to react.
    The problem being is computer-controlled mobs don't get taken by "surprise". Its entirely likely you're the ones who won't be able to react.

So please explain to me how I'm so retarded. I'd really like to know how thoughtful and viable plans can be viewed with such hatred.
    A general contempt for douchebags would be the reason why. Strike one being discounting Rukenshin's data just because "Apathy does that stuff everyday". Golly-gee-whiz good for you. I'm willing to bet that most of the reason why the tanks and melees in your LS are great are due to following his LJ and his data and adjusting their style of play because of it, and failing not just to recognize that but to show disdain for it entirely is fucking retarded on legendary levels.

I proposed an ideal situation in which AV could be killed. Can we measure up to these standards? I don't know, we haven't tried yet, but we sure as hell can give it a run for its money the first time around. We can only learn from this experiment. Remember that.
    Why not just go for it with what we've all said here? You've piqued my curiosity, but there's an extremely reasonable doubt about why you will not succeed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    I'm simply providing an ideal situation in which AV can be killed. With 12 drks or so, we should be able knock AV down pretty fast. Will it be 30 secs fast? Maybe 40 seconds? Who knows what AV will do with hundred fists or Mighty Strikes on while it's getting massive tp from KC drks. Noone knows because noone has tried it. It could turn out that we do kill it in 30 seconds and it doesn't have time to react.
    The problem being is computer-controlled mobs don't get taken by "surprise". Its entirely likely you're the ones who won't be able to react.

So please explain to me how I'm so retarded. I'd really like to know how thoughtful and viable plans can be viewed with such hatred.
    A general contempt for douchebags would be the reason why. Strike one being discounting Rukenshin's data just because "Apathy does that stuff everyday". Golly-gee-whiz good for you. I'm willing to bet that most of the reason why the tanks and melees in your LS are great are due to following his LJ and his data and adjusting their style of play because of it, and failing not just to recognize that but to show disdain for it entirely is fucking retarded on legendary levels.

I proposed an ideal situation in which AV could be killed. Can we measure up to these standards? I don't know, we haven't tried yet, but we sure as hell can give it a run for its money the first time around. We can only learn from this experiment. Remember that.
    Why not just go for it with what we've all said here? You've piqued my curiosity, but there's an extremely reasonable doubt about why you will not succeed.
    Actually we discounted the fact he said something about cant BW JoL or AV, but i think it was just a misunderstanding, the ttacks on his LJ and what he has written were more at his groupys saying hes a god for having a LJ and that we are morons because we dont worship it like its the bible, anyway more civil discussion about how to kill AV unlocked is always good.

i don't think anyone can honestly show disrespect or disdain for ruk, but at the same time people shouldn't be telling other people they are a lesser player b/c by using ruk as an example, i dont' think ruk is the type of player that would like that anyways.

and why do people always have to play the "You have no life" card, is like slapping your own face.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A mob cannot overlap 2hrs.
    AV can...I've seen it first hand.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Yeah, I've personally seen him use Manafont, and with Manafont still active, activate Chainspell, too. Same with Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes. So he can overlap.

But then... that's like... really ofn.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    Quote Originally Posted by aers
    i know. i was using the fact that the only people who lived through it were aegis and shadow ring paladins to make a point, but I forgot to..make the point. <_<
    Actully I lived thru 2 of them on rdm. =)
    h8u skittles >b

i swear sia was the only one hit by that last meteor but ok!

all i recall is you guys were doing pretty well dealing with aeroga 4's but the second it hit manafont you dropped (and everyone watching, lol) to the meteor barrage.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Remora is still the scum of FFXI

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex
    Internet groupies are hardcore.

-TFx
    As are people who sign every post with their name/acronym of their name.

Anyway, as for Blood Weapon and Souleater... Souleater obviously takes 10% (or 12% if you're using an enhance piece) of your HP off and stacks it on to your normal melee hit. Normally, Blood Weapon drains ALL of the damage you do per swing - that's the base damage of the swing PLUS the 10/12% that Souleater adds.

So the reason Kraken Club only gives you 1-4 is because Kraken itself is shitty damage. So let's say you have 1900 HP. Souleater adds 10% to your swings. When you swing, you do 194 damage, because the Kraken Club itself does 4 damage and 10% of 1900 is 190. You regain 194 HP, but Souleater took off 190, so you really only gain 4 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Yeah, I've personally seen him use Manafont, and with Manafont still active, activate Chainspell, too. Same with Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes. So he can overlap.

But then... that's like... really ofn.
    I think I've seen every AV you have and I've never seen that except back when he had bracelets form active, and I think it was a different combination of 2Hs.

Also, to answer someone else's question, calculating his HP from old benediction screenshots put his max HP anywhere from 72k to 210k or higher indicating that he had an initial max HP that was far higher than is final max HP, but that was the original AV that they've patched at least 3 times since. Judging by accounts for how long it took for him to stop regenning in the version most LSs that killed it in after the patch where they removed bracelets form, it seems they also removed a lot of his initial max HP.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn

So basically you implied in this statement that since "computer-controlled mobs don't get taken by surprise," that you are sure what I claim might happen, will, in fact, not happen and that AV will obey some other behavior you haven't made clear yourself.

Just wait and see whether what could happen, WILL happen. Until it's tried.. noone knows what AV's reaction will be to 12 drks beating on it for 30 sec. We can only hope for the best with our theory and if it doesn't work we have a few plans to fall back on even still.

So I'm a douchebag for saying we accomplish what's in one person's LJ? How am I trying to discredit Rkenshin? I never said he was wrong about stuff in his LJ. And if you believe for one minute that I read Rkenshin's journal to find out our own LS strats you are insane. I hope if I had read someone's LJ I would at least be able to spell his name correctly.

Besides, it looks like if that aforementioned criticism was your "final straw" defense... you must have a fool for a client.

Or...
    am I a douchebag because I won't take kindly to bandwagon riding idiots like you who thinks that just because someone dear to BG's forums is considered a "legend," he can't be wrong.

In the end it all looks like a misunderstanding between he and I. So let us deal with it? I'm sure a legend can defend himself from "douchebags" himself. He doesn't need little leg-huggers like you to defend him.

At any rate...

This isn't about Rkenshin and his accomplishments. This isn't about Apathy and our accomplishments. This is about AV. Please bring fruitful discussion to this thread in the future.

EDIT: I screwed up the quoting feature but I'm sure you can understand the post if you read carefully enough.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

To be perfectly frank, some people are disagreeing with you based off of what they know the mob and the dark knights are capable of doing and ruke's "credentials" could mean jack shit to them. This is completely ignoring the fact that you're the one who called them into question in the first place. ("Who the hell are you? What have you done?"--"Uh, basically everything you have."--"Well who asked you anyway"--"you did...") You're the one who came in and started acting as if the people who are disagreeing with you have no idea what the concept is or how it could possibly fail in execution. While it's rather hilarious that I can say something only to have it be ignored only for ruke to say the same thing and 20 people pipe up, you're not the only person here who has used a kraken DRK on AV, the person you're arguing with did the exact same thing, as have I. Unfortunately you have a habit of talking yourself into a corner by picking on points that arent even wrong by failing to read the context of them (AV not being able to repeat 2 hours [wrong] and basically the whole souleater aside when it was being asked in the context of HP added beyond what is taken away by souleater. See: not much with a kraken) then getting pissed when people point it out, as evidenced by an argument we had at least a year ago when I told you that the 2 ridill/ebody galka WARs in your shell at the time who kept using their af1 feet were fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    While it's rather hilarious that I can say something only to have it be ignored only for ruke to say the same thing and 20 people pipe up
    Wait, that wasn't you repeating yourself from your forum mule account?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I know, surprising.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

DIT: I screwed up the quoting feature but I'm sure you can understand the post if you read carefully enough.
    <_> Fixing the [/quote] probably take less time than typing that

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I know, surprising.
    For what it's worth, I knew who you were before I'd heard of Ruke.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So I'm a douchebag for saying we accomplish what's in one person's LJ? How am I trying to discredit Rkenshin? I never said he was wrong about stuff in his LJ. And if you believe for one minute that I read Rkenshin's journal to find out our own LS strats you are insane.
    I didn't say you stole any strategy from Rukenshin. I said your tanks and melee most likely consider him an authority on most things concerning tanking, damage-dealing and testing different combinations of gear, etc., and have adapted their own style to accommodate a lot of what he's put forward.

I hope if I had read someone's LJ I would at least be able to spell his name correctly.
    Please note the title of this link, as well as the character name. Fool.

lol

Or...
    am I a douchebag because I won't take kindly to bandwagon riding idiots like you who thinks that just because someone dear to BG's forums is considered a "legend," he can't be wrong.
    There's nothing "bandwagon" about him. Maybe you should read his LJ and learn a thing or two.

PS.: Survey says... you're still a douchebag.

In the end it all looks like a misunderstanding between he and I. So let us deal with it? I'm sure a legend can defend himself from "douchebags" himself. He doesn't need little leg-huggers like you to defend him.
    There's no point, nor need, to defend him against someone so obviously retarded. I am merely pointing out the fact that you are, as you cannot seem to grasp any criticism regarding the strategy you've proposed are not direct attacks on your person, and that you were the one who started acting the asshole in this little play.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i was gonna point out that the lj hasn't been updated for months...

but then i decided to take a peep. stuff to read, yay

Or...
    I could be wrong, but the original point was most likely that Ruk has proven repeatedly, at the very least to this forum community, that he knows what he's talking about and it looks rather silly when some arrogant new person tries to argue with him without anything backing you up aside from a really vague outline of a "strat".