Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Well, we have gone in with 6 DRK's before and destroyed him in 15 seconds.
    We actually went in yesterday and WRECKED him.
    Set the record again 1:52 seconds from entering to death.
    Like Jiade said, just cashmere a mask or two and a couple scythes.
    Lotsa manteels for our bards :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Ticko, Wenis, Sia, Ashbey... and Sinus although I don't see him in that video. So 5.

Those are the DRKs. I can't make out the alliance list though. I'm going from memory. Btw, did I mention I have a horrible memory?

Edit: I have screenshots of the first run drops in my blog. I don't have second runs drops, and Jiade posted yesterday's third run.

Crazy how it dropped from 35% to 0% within a heart beat

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm really not surprised especially if those drk's have a mnk in party with max mantra merits to boost their max hp, on DL i can get around 2085hp if fenrir stone is active and i'm hume with /drg sub and hit for 250-256 a hit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

No MNKs were used in the making of that video.

Actually, they only thought of the idea AFTER last nights B2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Guy in my LS says its fake, he said same thing about the 6 Man Jorm fight, is there any way to prove to him that this video and the Jorm fight were not "fake videos?" He's very adamant that these people must be pathological liars and the best video editors out there. I of course know those fights happened and weren't fake.

Yeah, this video is awesome.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

LOL I suck at SS's... and "editing" so .. my 3 screenshots showing the exit times should be decent evidence I would think.

Then it is the exact same as someone else in our LS's Video. I had little faith that we could pull it off at first, I thought we'd end up eating R1's and trying to recover... but it was over so fast I was like WTF haha. The second time was even more ridiculous, no one even got hit (and I was WHM).

Edit: I think they might be posting a better video on the video section of Apathy forums. Not sure though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I'd post screenshots of the record times, but he might just say they're photoshopped, too. Buuuut, just incase.

I will admit I'm decent at Photoshop... but I wouldn't edit something so retarded as that. Plus you could probably easily tell had I edited them.

Someone elses screenshot from second record:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...mut2Record.png

Mine from the first record(can also be seen in my blog):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...endsRecord.jpg

As someone from Apathy and attended the first run, was online for the other two, I can assure you nothing is false about that video or screenshots.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Truly Impressive seeing how this game can be broke like that. Also very glad to see a trend of NA end game players taking it far and beyond the level of JP players.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I liked how he dies faster than a Caedarva Imp against a Rampage burn. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    so lets see....

a-45 min fight with 10 min downtime between fights
    b-30 second fight with 2 hours downtime between fights (dependant on how many drks and krakens available)

assuming you want to do 3+ runs, I'll go with a.
    Well sinec you really only need 2 Brds, 3-4 Drks, maybe a rdm/drk or 2 the rest could come Cor and refresh 2hours lol

Until you get unlucky on your corsair rolls and no one gets their 2hrs back..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Who really needs to spam B2 over and over when it takes 30min at most to gather and get it completley done from start to finish? Kill B2 in 30secs and then go do long gay stuff like get a JoL pop in sea or something then go for a 2nd Orb later or the next day... then rinse and repeat with how ever many orbs you have

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Giant Scales? Idk really

Xavier

I love how people are trying to discredit turning a 30-55 minute fight into a 30 second fight as if the number of times you can do it are significant.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

That's because they don't know about the infinite Monarch Orb trick.

Ashira

I don't get why someone would think a shell is taking as much time as would need to edit a video up like that to prove something; hell, the theory works and it would just be quicker to run the BC to prove the theory than to edit up a video to lie and say you did. ._.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    That's because they don't know about the infinite Monarch Orb trick.
    I know the eye roll.. I saw it, and It registered... but somewhere in the back of my mind I stared at the screen hoping for more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    I wouldn't be surprise if DRK gets nerfed next patch.....
    Why? Blood Weapon+Kraken has been around for a long time, and this strategy is more than just "OMG DRK owns everything". They can't do this more than once every 2 hours, and it's not like everyone can pull this off. Getting 6 kraken clubs or however many DRKs they used, while not impossible, still represents a lot of work. This is by no means a perfect analogy because there probably is no equal burst DPS to this, but if you had, say, 6 MNKs with Spharai doing Hundred Fists with Chainspell+Stun and Feint on, I'm not sure that the end result wouldn't be much different from this.

The other point is that Bahamut v2, while up there in difficulty level compared to other encounters, is on farm status for a lot of LSes anyways. If they can kill it faster because they figured out a better strategy, then more power to them. Now, if this could be done on a completely new and more difficult HNM, that would just be terrible HNM design. This is a legit strategy that SE should just design against in the future if they want it to not be as much of an issue. All you'd have to do to eliminate mass burst DPS damage is to make the HNM reflect a % of the damage done to it back on the player.

SE should design new mobs around existing strategies, not nerf existing strategies to force players to come up with completely new ones.
    True that it have been in the game for the longest time and it's a valid strategy but so was RNGs and BLMs. Once the strategy reaches the masses and catches SE's attention, it's almost certain there will be some adjustment.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

True that it have been in the game for the longest time and it's a valid strategy but so was RNGs and BLMs. Once the strategy reaches the masses and catches SE's attention, it's almost certain there will be some adjustment.
    There really isn't any kind of pattern to the way SE adjusts things that aren't blatantly unintended (unlimited TP gain from relic knuckles WSing). If every really good strategy is supposed to be nerfed by SE, why do SMN LV70 BPs still generate TPless damage? I don't really know if you can count the BLM nerf as much of a nerf, I don't think most groups have had to alter strategies involving BLMs much from before.

I just doubt that a strategy that involves a specific set of merits + a very high level of gear + multiple extremely rare items will ever "reach the masses," and again, if they want to make it so that this strategy can't be used on new HNMs they should just adjust the new HNMs, not nerf the strategy.