BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    True that it have been in the game for the longest time and it's a valid strategy but so was RNGs and BLMs. Once the strategy reaches the masses and catches SE's attention, it's almost certain there will be some adjustment.
    There really isn't any kind of pattern to the way SE adjusts things that aren't blatantly unintended (unlimited TP gain from relic knuckles WSing). If every really good strategy is supposed to be nerfed by SE, why do SMN LV70 BPs still generate TPless damage? I don't really know if you can count the BLM nerf as much of a nerf, I don't think most groups have had to alter strategies involving BLMs much from before.

I just doubt that a strategy that involves a specific set of merits + a very high level of gear + multiple extremely rare items will ever "reach the masses," and again, if they want to make it so that this strategy can't be used on new HNMs they should just adjust the new HNMs, not nerf the strategy.
    Seems to me like they've already nerfed this slightly, unintentionally.

Kraken Club BC.

The drop rate from that seems like it's putting WAY less Kraken Clubs into the economy per month or whatever than LoO did previously, so it seems like even once this strategy becomes known still very few linkshells will be able to build a group to do it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

yeah lets nerf something less than 10% of all drk's have across the game I can understand if everyone and their grandma was sporting a krakenclub but this isn't the case.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Kraken Club BC.

The drop rate from that seems like it's putting WAY less Kraken Clubs into the economy per month or whatever than LoO did previously, so it seems like even once this strategy becomes known still very few linkshells will be able to build a group to do it.
    Well, are there any reliable numbers on the drop rate for it? It's one thing if they made the drop rate less than LoO, but it's another thing if people just aren't doing the BC as often because they want to put their seals into other BCs. It's a tradeoff from before and I'm not sure it's necessarily worse for those people who would have never camped LoO the way it was before.

yeah lets nerf something less than 10% of all drk's have across the game I can understand if everyone and their grandma was sporting a krakenclub but this isn't the case.
    By this logic SE should nerf Ridill because less than 10% of all WARs across servers have it and it's just too good of an item for them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

why not nerf d.ring, aegis, hadiate too while they are at it?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    True that it have been in the game for the longest time and it's a valid strategy but so was RNGs and BLMs. Once the strategy reaches the masses and catches SE's attention, it's almost certain there will be some adjustment.
    There really isn't any kind of pattern to the way SE adjusts things that aren't blatantly unintended (unlimited TP gain from relic knuckles WSing). If every really good strategy is supposed to be nerfed by SE, why do SMN LV70 BPs still generate TPless damage? I don't really know if you can count the BLM nerf as much of a nerf, I don't think most groups have had to alter strategies involving BLMs much from before.

I just doubt that a strategy that involves a specific set of merits + a very high level of gear + multiple extremely rare items will ever "reach the masses," and again, if they want to make it so that this strategy can't be used on new HNMs they should just adjust the new HNMs, not nerf the strategy.

Kraken Club BC.

agreed
    that bc is a waste of seals.

It would have been easier to use your seals to make money and then buy Kraken from LoO campers. 0/17 already

I think the THF in that video is using a mandau. <3 <3 <3 <3 Mandau Kittehs

just watched this and wow lolz

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I think the THF in that video is using a mandau. <3 <3 <3 <3 Mandau Kittehs
    both thf's in that video are using mandaus

Ridill
    BG Level

Meh, why would you wait 2 hours in between when you can just go with 10 healers a mnk a thf and 6 drk?

Seems like a good strat to me heh

(some of the healers would be rdm/drk of course)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Like Ruke said this is olde, but points for recording it? The limiting factor isn't skill or finding drks, it's gil for kraken clubs. 6 Chinese gil farmer drks could engage and hit two abilities too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I love how people are trying to discredit turning a 30-55 minute fight into a 30 second fight as if the number of times you can do it are significant.
    It usually is for us.

Typically it takes anywhere from 1 to 2 hours for us to gather for an event in the first place; we almost never start on time. If something is planned for 8 then most of the time we end up starting by 9:30 to 10 (sometimes even later). This is especially the case for Bahamut V2 since it requires specific jobs and equipment/meds, plus we have to farm giant scales for the alliances along with extras for late people, as well as making sure everyone makes it to the BC safely.

All in all it's pretty ridiculous with how long it takes, so instead of going through all that trouble for one or two runs we typically do anywhere from 3 to 6. Because well, I'm sure it goes without saying which is more time efficient. I think I even remember doing around 8 Ouryu runs in a row just to be done with it for a while. Even so though, I'm sure most linkshells can agree that events like this usually take at least 1-2 hours of preparation (from the time you change jobs, to the time you start the fight), and with that in mind it's usually best to put these kinds of fights in groups rather than one at a time. No one gathers for JoL Saturday, kills one, gathers for JoL Sunday, kills one, gathers for JoL Monday, kills one, and gathers for JoL Tuesday for another one, for obvious reasons. Or at least I'd think most people wouldn't.

But yeah, with 3-6 runs of Bahamut V2s, waiting for anyone's 2hs for each BC (especially since we're usually short numbers) isn't viable for what my LS normally does (and what I think most linkshells do?), which was my point earlier. We normally kill in 25-35 minutes anyway with the right people, so the longer fight time isn't much of a loss at all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What you could do is bring 3-4 extra people on cor to restore the drks and rdms 2 hours then you really wouldn't have to wait for 2 hour recharge.

We actually only have like 2 CORs in the LS total lol.. So it wouldn't really work for us.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    We actually only have like 2 CORs in the LS total lol.. So it wouldn't really work for us.
    <.< You only need COR at level 1 to use it's 2hour

I know lol.. But my point being we don't have the members to spare, because we lack people that are only CORs. When you have certain jobs essential to the BC and low numbers, you want those essential jobs to come as that job, not to be the COR 2h slave.

We normally do events with small numbers, and in order to get more than 2 CORs to come we'd most likely have to force people like tanks, WHMs, and BLMs to come as COR... Which would leave us tankless or without enough damage/support in the event that the COR 2h fails, since it isn't a 100% 2h reset. It's only like 1/4 or so, right?

Wild idea:

Its less than 20 seconds of actual combat, could the Dark Knights get away with 1-2 Curaga spamming whm's in their Parties to sidestep having to use bloodweapon?

Yes they wouldn't be at fullHP all the time, but I doubt that would add more than 10 seconds tops onto the fight. I am sure with Casting time included, your mages could last 20-30 seconds of curagaing (curaga2 probably to be most mp efficient)

Or Does Souleater + Kraken drain your life far too fast for that?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Vrtra killed by Apathy in about 1 minute using 6 KC DRKs, I'm sure one of them will post it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hehe, yes, that was fun. ;D 1:14 from time of claim to kill.

Xiani got a video, will work on posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    Wild idea:

Its less than 20 seconds of actual combat, could the Dark Knights get away with 1-2 Curaga spamming whm's in their Parties to sidestep having to use bloodweapon?

Yes they wouldn't be at fullHP all the time, but I doubt that would add more than 10 seconds tops onto the fight. I am sure with Casting time included, your mages could last 20-30 seconds of curagaing (curaga2 probably to be most mp efficient)

Or Does Souleater + Kraken drain your life far too fast for that?
    Yep, blood weapon definitely isn't necessary, it's more of an insurance.

It takes about 2-3 WHMs or RDMs per Kraken DRK to keep them alive though, so it would just require a lot of WHMs and/or RDMs. I wouldn't rely on Curaga either because of the long casting time, just would have to spam Cure Vs and IVs. That and it's much more easy/efficient to assign 2-3 people for each DRK.

In my experiences with Kraken on JoL, the highest I've done with BW is around 15-18k total in a 60 second round, average is about 14k though. Without BW the highest is 12k in a 60 second round, and the average is more like 9k. My kraken gear is far from perfect too... The damage is definitely lower but if you have enough cure support and fast enough cures, it's fine.

As I said earlier though, Bahamut only has 20-25k HP... Which would mean even without BW, 2-4 kraken DRKs should take care of it without a problem.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Vrtra killed by Apathy in about 1 minute using 6 KC DRKs, I'm sure one of them will post it.
    Souleater is so gonna get nerfed now.