Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

30 Sec Baha v2 (didnt see this in the other thread)

I LoLed pretty hard

SUP WENIS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NnzHdfIDaRs

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow.

But I like being able to do more then one v2 fight.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's impossible to 6 account kill this sup.

I think this video shows how possible it is. I know they went in with 18 but pretty clear how you can do it with 6 accounts.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I think I could handle waiting 2 hours.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Wow... I was amazed after seeing this >_>

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Holy fucking shit. I knew it wasn't that hard of a fight, but jesus christ.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ya drk/nin with kc is pretty disgusting. lol. congrats. Anyone from Apathy that can post the drops?

Nerf please.

Saw an old post about this too almost 6 months ago, kind of surprised no one posted this sooner. This was done a long time ago once by a JP group (forgot the details). I don't mean to degrade the accomplishment in any way, but just find it kind of lol.

Bahamut only has 25k HP, and a typical kraken DRK can do at least 10k damage over the course of one Souleater with 2h. If you just get 3 kraken DRKs, keep them alive, Stun Bahamut at the right time, and you'll be almost guarnateed to win.

Downside being, most linkshells go to Bahamut to do 3-5 runs at a time, and relying on that strategy makes the down time between BCs a pain.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

idk what i like about that more. how fast you killed it. or how every person thats ever done any bcnm fight always does the babysteps until som1 else aggros the mob then engages

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I wouldn't be surprise if DRK gets nerfed next patch.....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When Bahamut's HP is treated like that, does he build up a queue of things to do?

For example, his HP hits 90% so he wants to Megaflare. By the time he's done (or attempts it), his HP is < 50%. Is he going to do the text for 80%, 70%, 60% etc as well as all of the associated summoning back-to-back?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so lets see....

a-45 min fight with 10 min downtime between fights
    b-30 second fight with 2 hours downtime between fights (dependant on how many drks and krakens available)

assuming you want to do 3+ runs, I'll go with a.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    Why? Blood Weapon+Kraken has been around for a long time, and this strategy is more than just "OMG DRK owns everything". They can't do this more than once every 2 hours, and it's not like everyone can pull this off. Getting 6 kraken clubs or however many DRKs they used, while not impossible, still represents a lot of work. This is by no means a perfect analogy because there probably is no equal burst DPS to this, but if you had, say, 6 MNKs with Spharai doing Hundred Fists with Chainspell+Stun and Feint on, I'm not sure that the end result wouldn't be much different from this.

The other point is that Bahamut v2, while up there in difficulty level compared to other encounters, is on farm status for a lot of LSes anyways. If they can kill it faster because they figured out a better strategy, then more power to them. Now, if this could be done on a completely new and more difficult HNM, that would just be terrible HNM design. This is a legit strategy that SE should just design against in the future if they want it to not be as much of an issue. All you'd have to do to eliminate mass burst DPS damage is to make the HNM reflect a % of the damage done to it back on the player.

SE should design new mobs around existing strategies, not nerf existing strategies to force players to come up with completely new ones.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actually, we plan on taking a party of COR's and trying to reset some people's 2-hours and go again a few times in a row maybe... killed it a ton of time slow, but why take 40-50 minutes to kill when you can do it in 2 min. We've done it a few times this week... kinda crappy drops overall. Our newest record is 1 min 52 seconds total. lol Bahamut talks longer after killing than it takes for him to drop.

Lots of Dragon Staves. Kunwu out the ass, Cashmere cloth and usually a thread, Moly ore. Pretty even drops between Hose, Scythe, and Mask. Bahamut Staff drop rate sucks though.

Edit:

First try... spent 6 minutes buffing/resting LOL

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ahamutZerg.jpg

Next just wanted speed (I forgot drops):

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...amutRecord.jpg

Last Try:
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...opsBahamut.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    ya drk/nin with kc is pretty disgusting. lol. congrats. Anyone from Apathy that can post the drops?
    Thats Drk/Sam using Feint.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Thats Drk/Sam using Feint.
    I could be reading too much into this, but you're not saying that the DRKs are the ones using Feint right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    [...]
    SE should design new mobs around existing strategies, not nerf existing strategies to force players to come up with completely new ones.
    After reading your post, I really, really, really hope SE reads BG. That sentence alone sums up a big part of the 30+ pages of the questions Bercus is supposed to send them.

Back to that video, it sure is impressive. I like how we can see big chunks disappear from mob's HP...like when a lv75 player beats on a lv40ish mob...2 hits rounds and it's gone...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So, was that 4 Kraken DRKs or a few more I couldn't make out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast