Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Superior Private Assault: Sagelord Molaal Ja

I just did this with some friends, and according to both the mission objectives, and the guide available on the wiki, to win you have to defeat the NM Sagelord Molaal Ja, and then he warps away, and you win. We did that, and...well, we didn't win. No chest, no Rune of Release, no idea what the hell to do next. So...what the hell?

did this one time a longggg time ago.
    He takes about 20% dmg then runs away, just need 2 or 3 sleepers to sleep all the adds then put a beat down on the NM while chasing it when it runs.
    I don't remember him warping away, think he dies.. lol.
    Pretty fun assault.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tried this once with 3 people. I kited the whole zone, but I think we ran out of time, or had a bad death, or something, don't remember lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    did this one time a longggg time ago.
    He takes about 20% dmg then runs away, just need 2 or 3 sleepers to sleep all the adds then put a beat down on the NM while chasing it when it runs.
    I don't remember him warping away, think he dies.. lol.
    Pretty fun assault.
    He definitely cast Warp at like 15% HP. According to the guide he's supposed to do that, and he even says something in /say about his defeat.

Did you go to where the rune of release is supposed to spawn to make sure?

sounds like a bug then, got no message for runic portal after he warped? Like I said I did this one one time only and it was like 8 months ago. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Yep, we ran all over that place for the 7mins or so we had left on our timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    sounds like a bug then, got no message for runic portal after he warped? Like I said I did this one one time only and it was like 8 months ago. lol.
    Yeah, no message.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Sounds like a glitch then. Just did this for the first time the other day. He warped, got message and our THF flee'd to the Rune and hit it with like 20 mobs on them, lol.

Lame. 45mins, 2k XP, and an ID Tag I'll never get back.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you think thats bad, next time you login type /playtime and cry about the time you'll never get back.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The zone isn't hard with 3. I've done it a few time as blm/whm with 2 melee. Just kill everything on your way to the mamool to avoid big link. Kill a few pass him, then go back for it. You shouldnt have more than 2 add after that (cast bio when he leave for additional dmg).

Anyway, the guy always warp around 15%, and you get the win after. If you checked in the small tunnel and rune wasn't there, I would say it's a glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Yep, we ran all over that place for the 7mins or so we had left on our timer.
    Rune of release isn't all over the place, it's in a cave on the east wall, lower level, north section of map.

Secondly, it's not a bad assault, pretty fun. Setup a tpburn party with sleeper coverage. You can break into two squads, 2 melee and 1 sleeper/healer in each group. Squad one begins to kill the mamool from the east heading north toward NM pop. Squad two travels to Southwest and begins thinning out the mamool there. They don't have to kill all the mamool, just thin out the numbers, but target BST mamool specifically. Then engage the NM, mages stack DOTs at first, cause he'll run out of range soon, no shadowbind doesn't work. Since you've cleared some running paths, links aren't much of a problem which lets both mages and melee keep heat on the NM. BTW, a RNG helps to find the NM quickly after he makes a dash which is good. In many assaults mobs don't appear on widescan, at least this guy does.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yeah, fun assault, I did it once with SAM MNK RDM BRD

got like 1,7k point 1st time doing it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Aerie Peak

we did it with 3 smns yesterday, when he started to run away, we released our avatars and he stoped, did it in about 10 mins

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I did this assault a few days ago, we were just going or the win so we had 5 people. Simply killed everything in the way until we found him, and then when we found him we pretty much raped him in one sitting because everytime he tried to run either me (being on blue mage) or the dark knight stunned him. It seems when he starts to run if you stun him or damage him it cancels his flee or attempt to run.
    He finally got away from us with like 20% hp left, lol. But he was clearly doomed.