Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Would you be offended if someone bought and erased your HQ signature?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea, that's just a slap to the face to the crafter

173 44.59%
  • Yea, but who cares you got the money

98 25.26%
  • No, who cares about the signature

43 11.08%
  • No, people don't like wearing randomly signed gear

74 19.07%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Erasing signature     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Erasing signature

So I finally sold my second (and first pair I wished to sell) Blessed Mitts +1. I was crazy happy when I made them and signed it too, thinking that'd make them worth more or be more unique or somesuch.

So someone finally buys them from my bazaar, and literally a few minutes later resells them to himself on the AH for 1 mil, to erase my signature.

If this was a T1 or easier HQ I might not be so miffed, as I've sold plenty of my own HQ signed stuff on AH. If I knew the mitts would end up unsigned anyway, I might have sold them on AH...

Should I be somewhat offended at this?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Only signatures that matters are your own and friends, i would erase right off. I dont want Joe-from-the-streets name on my stuff. Likewise i dont bother to sign stuff unless its for myself or a friend.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: Erasing signature

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz
    So I finally sold my second (and first pair I wished to sell) Blessed Mitts +1. I was crazy happy when I made them and signed it too, thinking that'd make them worth more or be more unique or somesuch.

So someone finally buys them from my bazaar, and literally a few minutes later resells them to himself on the AH for 1 mil, to erase my signature.

If this was a T1 or easier HQ I might not be so miffed, as I've sold plenty of my own HQ signed stuff on AH. If I knew the mitts would end up unsigned anyway, I might have sold them on AH...

Should I be somewhat offended at this?
    that's incredibly gay...and the guy is probley a retard as he coulda gotten them off the AH cheaper possibly if another pair went up. that would bother the hell out of me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's not one to be sold on the AH a lot, or so says Valefor's AH history...

http://ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14877&sid=9&stack=0

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Caerloc
    Only signatures that matters are your own and friends, i would erase right off. I dont want Joe-from-the-streets name on my stuff. Likewise i dont bother to sign stuff unless its for myself or a friend.
    I agree with this.

Also, if I were just bazaaring some rare HQ, I would erase the signature just in case some random RMT picks it up....

It's rude to erase signatures on rare hqs without consulting with the crafter first.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    It's rude to erase signatures on rare hqs without consulting with the crafter first.
    Whereas all the 'legit' players running around with gear signed by Napolean should erase that shit immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Whereas all the 'legit' players running around with gear signed by Napolean should erase that shit immediately?
    I said it was rude, not wrong It's perfectly right to be rude to the biggest asshat Asura's ever seen.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

When I sign stuff, I never AH them just so the signature stays on there. But if people don't want my Signature on there, I really don't mind. But a lot of people still like signed stuff, so it's cool.

A weird off-note to this.. say someone on your server with a really bad rep buys something you have signed. Would you really want them running around in your brand gear? I've even seen some odin RMT wearing signed gear by some pretty high-profile players that they bought off bazaars. It just seems a little.. dirty =/

Another weird off-note.. I know some ppl (including me) who straight up avoided buying signed gear from bazaars, just cuz it feels a little awkward wearing something signed by someone I don't know, and I'd feel bad erasing their signature.

Anyways to the original question, yea it's a little rude, but don't be too offended (read second paragraph there). If someone requests you sign something then erases the signature that's totally different -_- .. but some people just feel weird wearing things signed by someone they don't know.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I always find it weird when i'm in a low level party and some guy in the party has signed rings or something from someone in my linkshell. They have no idea who eachother are lol.

If you honestly care that someone who paid for your wares has erased your sig, you need to take yourself, crafting, and FFXI a little less seriously.

Robbb

I was the one that erased the signature... I really don't know you Kriz so sorry if you took offense to that, but I didn't want signed gear unless it was from someone I knew.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

i avoid buying signed gear from bazaars.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If you wanted to sell the damn thing, why would you sign it?

I only sign by request or for friends. Never for profit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by izembo
    i avoid buying signed gear from bazaars.
    Same. And if I do, I will do my best to erase the name unless the person is a REALLY respectable player. I don't really care if someone were to erase my name from something, so long as they didn't ask me to go out of my way and sign it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Robbb
    I was the one that erased the signature... I really don't know you Kriz so sorry if you took offense to that, but I didn't want signed gear unless it was from someone I knew.
    No worries, my initial shock has worn off. I thought that maybe some rich JP had bought it, and tore off my sig.

And I have a tendency to sign higher level crafted items. This is because I normally end up making a lot of NQs, then trade them for unsigned NQs within my LS/friends. I kinda like seeing the gear all over, I'm so vain

But hey, fact is I know I made them 8) Glad to know you're not some crazy JP who might have been buying them to try to sell them or to claim they made it themselves!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Caerloc
    I suppor this statement. This isn't some irl small business where your well being depends on self promotion and advertising.

I'd be mildly offended, but in the end, after I sold it, I don't really care so much. Personally, I like signed gear to own myself. I had a friend craft a measly Halcyon Rod for me, but asked him to sign it. Now whenever I fish, I fish with my Montebrown Halcyon Rod.

Back during the RMT craze someone bought a Hauberk+1 from me for 33m. It was signed, and only the 2nd one I'd made. A few weeks later I saw him walking around and I /checked him. He was wearing a Hauberk+1 with no signature. I was like WTF, and all upset and sad and shit. His name wasn't on the Jeuno AH, but finally I found him on the Windy AH having sold it to himself for 1 gil. So that confirmed that it was still my Hauberk+1 that he was wearing, and that he had indeed removed the signature. At first I was all upset and stuff, then finally I remembered how much money I got for it and everything was better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast