BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal Chip     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Metal Chip

Tried doing a search for the Metal Chip path and kept coming up with threads on Metal music. Lol. My Limbus shell got a Metal chip and i'm looking for some tips. We got one over a year ago, and remember getting raped by hundred fists 10minutes into the fight. Any links to threads or tactics would be greatly appreciated.

-V

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFwiki has a pretty good rundown on South Central Apollyon, but virtually nothing for Temenos. I've wanted to try it, since my LS has three Metal Chips stored up, but people always say that it'd be more coin efficient to split into two groups and farm two regular-type routes. I wanna try fun new routes!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

heres what i remember from our metal chip run in Temenos.. we did this almost immediately after the metal chips were introduced...

basically you start with 15minutes (i believe) upon entering... the only mobs in the zone are aerns...

i believe there are different paths you can take from the start, but i assume one side is just a mirror reflection of the other side.. only difference maybe mob job distribution

anyways, some aerns you kill will give you a time extention.. i believe we got a couple 5min extentions... those aerns will not reraise when killed (i think)
    the ones that dont give extentions almost always reraise(im pretty sure they all reraised for us if they werent time extention ones)

Aerns will drop coins, not sure how many, 1-2 each?, and i believe they only drop coins after they're done reraising.. so if something drops a coin, its not gonna reraise so you dont have to wait for it (i think)

we got unlucky with fighting so many aerns without a time extention after the first or second one.. we just timed out..... and never tried it again lol =/

i think we went in with 18 also....

sorry for not being able to confirm most things i wrote.. its been like a year since we did it, but the general idea is correct....

goodluck

Temenos is soooooooo not worth it IMO. Like safer noted, you only have 15 minutes upon entering the area. Time extensions are only 5 minutes, and are granted when you kill certain Aerns.

The massive storm of unpleasantness arises from the fact that you're fighting freaking Aerns. And not like 1-2 of them; its like packs of 4-6 of the glowy floaty bastards in hideous job arrangements. I remember our group went down the left side and encountered a group of THF BLM SMN aerns. The mobs will SP, then they will SP again when they reraise on you. So we lost lots of time dealing with Mr. Perfect Dodge as well as eating an astral flow or two.

The area has no crates, and thus no hp/mp restores or item chests to drop upgrade materials. Aerns dropped like 1-2 coins with an additional chance to drop when they reraised, which I guess is the rationale the CoP team had for making this god forsaken place (zomg players can farm teh coins so easy!). Our group got like one TE before we timed out from dealing with annoying RRing aerns, with like a net total of 20ish coins.

When we were researching the place I remember reading the account of someone who did clear the entire area, killing the boss Ghrah at the end. No special prize

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The few times I have tried Metal Chips they sucked. Alot of death and shit for coins. No real info to give other then I think they are a waste of time. I'm sure there is probably some way to farm hella coins, unless SE just made shitty new zones. (which is possible)

I would say drop the chip and forget about it, personally.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My LS did the metal chip temenos a couple times and got fairly far, I think we usually got around 80 coins with 18 people, but we never cleared. Just bring lots and lots of BLMs so you don't have to worry about annoying 2 hours like Hundred Fists. They can all be slept and any mage jobs can be aspired, so timed nukes ftw. I've never seen the ghrah in the zone though, not sure what it'd drop or how annoying it is.