+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Real Life is Serious Business

tl;dr is not acceptable. If its too long don't reply. Wall 'o text picture may be played accordingly. Sorry in advance for jumping around in subjects. Its hard to think accurately at the moment.

I am 17 years old.

Every day that passes, I get more sad. Everyday another friend of mine seems to drift so far away that we don't even talk anymore. Casual friends, school only friends, even best friends, it seems to be happening to all of them. Sometimes I try to rekindle our friendship, sometimes I don't. But even when I do it almost never works.

Is this what happens as you get older? Does everyone just drift away until nobody is left?

My mom, I don't know what to do. She yells at me for the smallest things, to the point where she's in tears sometimes; often about things like how I don't want to eat something like cooked mushrooms because I don't like them, or because I accidentally dropped a box on our new hardwood floor. They don't seem like a big deal, but she yells at me for them anyway and says things that are very hurtful and never apologizes. One time I was late for school and she called me a terrible person. When I asked why she said "because you never care about anyone's feelings but your own!!" and I was confused as fuck.

One time I was eating a bowl of cereal and she made a "tsk tsk tsk" sound at me. I asked her what was up and she said "don't put your head so close to the bowl you look like a retard". I was totally thrown back, it was completely unprovoked. I replied with "but... everyone bends over a little but to eat something like soup or cereal. Its just easier". She then compared me to a family of mentally challenged people "she saw on Oprah" who walk on their hands and knees because they don't know how to walk on two feet. I'm not sure if that's true or not but what the hell?

She's said many times that she hates me, or she doesn't love me. My own mother. How can she say that? I've never told my parents I hated them. Ever. Because I do love them.

Is it just me who thinks she's actually crazy? I don't do anything wrong, I don't do any drugs, I don't get into fights (more than once every three years at least), I don't get drunk more than once in a few weeks at least.

My Dad is no better either. All he does is condemn me for my lack of upper body strength. I'm not weak, I do have some muscle (most of my strength lies in my legs, I'm a runner, a biker as a hobby in the summer), but I can't fucking bench press my own weight. He always says how I never help him but he never asks, and when I offer he always refuses. You can't say I never help you when you won't accept it! He yells at me for locking my own door saying that it should never be locked to protect my privacy, and that people always knock. But no one in my family knocks. Ever. Only if the actual door is locked, they'll try to open it then knock, which makes it redundant.

Sometimes I like to look at naked women. Or I just want to be alone. Or I'm doing homework (I often surf BG at the same time). But I can never have this because I always have to be at the ready for when my sister (whos 23 mind you) bursts into my room and talks to me about Japanese shit that I don't know and usually don't care about. I don't hold it against her because she tells me she feels so alienated in this society so I try to listen and care but I can't listen to every time "Yamapi" or "Gackt" takes a shit or something. Or when my mom comes in to yell at me for no reason. Or when my Dad comes in to tell me I'm pathetic. Jesus Christ. I don't know what to do.

My ex-girlfriend is the last trouble that will lead to my own destruction. She led me on for five months then tells me she never actually was attracted to me. Jesus. Fine, whatever. Let's not talk anymore. I don't want to talk to you. It fucking hurts like hell.

But whenever I'm alone my mind just switches to her. I don't know why. We broke up months ago. I can't still have feelings for her. I don't want to. She literally broke me. I was the happiest I had ever been in my life at the time, we got along so well together and had so much fun. Then she just switches around on me like that, like it wasn't even real... what's with me? Even I don't understand. I hate myself for thinking this way.

Tell me various forum goers, what should I say to my family to have them give me some space or to stop fucking me over for no reason? What should I do about my friends? What about my ex-girlfriend? I really need some advice, I'm totally drawing a blank on all options.

New Merits
    BG Level

My ex-girlfriend is the last trouble that will lead to my own destruction. She led me on for five months then tells me she never actually was attracted to me. Jesus. Fine, whatever. Let's not talk anymore. I don't want to talk to you. It fucking hurts like hell.
    jesus christ... thats your problem. I know its tough but you have to find SOMETHING to take your mind off her. Maybe find another girl... just for some company

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What is going on in your life that is positive?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Go see a therapist, sounds like you need one bad.

The way I dealt with my crazy family was ignore the world and play MMOs which consequently fucked up my life. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU

New Merits
    BG Level

I know how you feel dude, my gf that I really cared for broke up with me suddenly and gave me this reason that totally blew me back. I talked to her and she had her reasons but we're back toghether now and I'll just deal with what happened.

Yeah I would suggest cognotive therapy it's the only thing that saved half of my immediate family. Maybe we can be brothers in emoness?

And DONT fucking touch drugs or booze, I know exactly how you feel and youre spiraling straight towards a hardcore addiction. Avoid substance abuse completely, it will fuck you up bigtime trust me

Thanks for the LOL. God I love teenage angst.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    yes because only silly teenagers have problems. Once you can legally buy alcohol EVERYTHING IS BETTER.

I stay happy by chugging a 40

99% of the worlds problems are seriously related to teenage angst. its so funny because its so fucking true. So its important to fix this shit for people and set their heads straight

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Therapists don't really do anything for you (before you retort, I saw one for about 14 years.) With the issues I've had, the best person to talk to is a clinical social worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Therapists don't really do anything for you (before you retort, I saw one for about 14 years.) With the issues I've had, the best person to talk to is a clinical social worker.
    Results arent universal, Ive got personal experience to back both sides of the fence

Quote Originally Posted by khain
    yes because only silly teenagers have problems. Once you can legally buy alcohol EVERYTHING IS BETTER.

I stay happy by chugging a 40
    Ummm... oh my god my parents are so terrible! UGH my girlfriend left me 6 fucking months ago! WOE IS ME! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!

Teenage angst.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why did you post this here? Were you actually expecting some life-changing advice from the internet?

New Merits
    BG Level

Ok think of it this way. Some people actually enjoy their relationships and have a GOOD time instead of using it as jokes with other guys. So, suddenly with no explanation thath happiness is taken from you. Much like when parents take away toys from children (or video games if you're a recent generation.)

Sorry Anyway if you've never had a relationship. You should go experience one its great fun.

Metah, some words of wisdom. Don't be sad that it's over be happy that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City
    Why did you post this here? Were you actually expecting some life-changing advice from the internet?
    Im trying to help. He just needs a group that can relate (therapy)

Go to college far away from your family. Don't talk to the people you don't like, family, friends or otherwise.. If they call you, say you were studying. Fixed all my problems. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by RuBP
    Go to college far away from your family. Don't talk to the people you don't like, family, friends or otherwise.. If they call you, say you were studying. Fixed all my problems. Seriously.
    I am about to execute this plan minus the college. I hope youre right

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I saw a therapist for a LONG time. I never took her advice, and I honestly thought was terrible at giving it. Talking to her didn't do anything, because I really didn't have that many problems, my mom just thought I should see one cause I wanted to drop out of public school and homeschool myself...

The woman herself didn't help me much, but the drugs she gave me made me a much happier person while I was taking them.

New Merits
    BG Level

I used to want to move out so I could play FFXI/WoW in silence. Then I stopped playing both and now I kinda want to stay at home and just make some money for college.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast