Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Assault: SM - Lost And Found

Can anyone who has successfully completed this assault give me some advice? I just wasted 3 tags on it and failed miserably each time. When me or one of my two partners finds the ??? it will always dissappear before we can touch it and it takes over 5 minutes for it to repop. We always run out of time after getting 1 hint. 2 if we're really lucky.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The npc has to stand directly on top of the correct location to make the ring spawns. If she move, the "???" will unspawn. I'm not sure if you completed "Defuse the threat", but it works in a similar way, except it's the npc that trigger it.

My advice is to look for the first clue, then make a triangle around her and figure the approximate location of the ring, using only the 1st hint (default hint talk exclusively about clue, and has nothing to do with the ring).

Also, keep in mind the "???" can spawn at retarded place, usually take a good 1-2 minutes to find the correct position where she has to stand, even if managed to limit it to a small area. I remember she had to stand on top of rock that was kinda hard to climb once, another time, she had to hug the wall.

Thanks, I'll try this out again tomorrow probably.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

shouldnt this be in the Assault forum?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    shouldnt this be in the Assault forum?
    Why would it matter >_>. Newbie advice is generally for random questions that need a simple answer, and this is the case here.

I didn't even think of the Assault thread, probably because I never check it. I probably should.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This assault is fucking stupid. You dont even need the npc if you're good at tabbing around. If YOU stand in a specific spot, the ??? will pop, usually behind you though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or instead you can do a repeat assault 5 times and avoid this nonsense.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i found nothing wrong with this assault.. did it for the first time a couple days ago jus for fun, we won in like 10min once we figured out wtf she was talking about

like someone said before... after the first hint you can form a triangle with members (my static is 3 people so works nicely) then move her in the direction of the person she calls out... the ??? will pop when she's really close to it

1500 for first time bonus / 1650 with armband... we'd spam this one but defuse the threat is more fun and has a chance at dropping snipers collar D;

if you wanna talk about gay assaults... wamoura farm raid is retarded... anyone who's done this ever experience one of the flying wamouras in constant 100fist mode?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    if you wanna talk about gay assaults... wamoura farm raid is retarded... anyone who's done this ever experience one of the flying wamouras in constant 100fist mode?
    Wamouras normally attack fast lol. The problem is that every time they use Exuviation, you need to reapply Slow, Elegy, and w/e other debuffs you had on them. When they use Exuviation you won't see "Wamoura's Slow/Elegy effect disappeared" messages in the log either, which makes them give the impression that "woah they're attacking so fast now out of nowhere!"

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I actually found this Assault really very easy.
    WAR/NIN, WAR/NIN, RDM/WHM, BRD/BLM (forgot to change sub).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    This assault is fucking stupid. You dont even need the npc if you're good at tabbing around. If YOU stand in a specific spot, the ??? will pop, usually behind you though.
    You sure it has to be you? The one I had on top of the rock never popped until the npc stood up on the rock.

Dunno why people complain about it. I lost my first time, but I'm 5/5 since then. Won every attempt with 10-15min left, and it's decent point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexei
    Wamouras normally attack fast lol. The problem is that every time they use Exuviation, you need to reapply Slow, Elegy, and w/e other debuffs you had on them. When they use Exuviation you won't see "Wamoura's Slow/Elegy effect disappeared" messages in the log either, which makes them give the impression that "woah they're attacking so fast now out of nowhere!"

Exuviation is erase+ haste or something. Pretty sure you can dispel haste after it too, so it make them attack even faster.

I tried the assault two more times and we're still having the same problem as before. I find the ??? and it depops so I bring the npc on top of where it spawned and it still takes over 5 minutes to repop.