+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Jailer of Temperance and Ix'aerns

Hello, i have some doubts about how to pop JoT, i went 2 days ago solo and after killing second placeholder in a different tower it pop, i went last night with ls and killed like 10 ph's and didnt pop. Does anyone know repop time in hours of JoT?, can i just stay in one tower and kill ph there every 15 minutes or should i go to different towers and try to kill all 5 ph's?.

About Ix'aerns, i am blm and i would like to kill these with some friends, for Ix'aern Mnk since is immune to Gravity, Sleep, and Bind, can i duo with a ninja, letting nin to kite and i dot+nuke it?

For Drk can i use same strategy or bring a rdm too?

And for Drg Gravity, Sleep, and Bind works? or just nuke, dot and teleporting.

Thanks for your time to answer me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Jailer of Temperance and Ix'aerns

Quote Originally Posted by aapr25179
    Hello, i have some doubts about how to pop JoT, i went 2 days ago solo and after killing second placeholder in a different tower it pop, i went last night with ls and killed like 10 ph's and didnt pop. Does anyone know repop time in hours of JoT?, can i just stay in one tower and kill ph there every 15 minutes or should i go to different towers and try to kill all 5 ph's?.
    Move towers, repop is about 15mins and yes it can often be a pain.

About Ix'aerns, i am blm and i would like to kill these with some friends, for Ix'aern Mnk since is immune to Gravity, Sleep, and Bind, can i duo with a ninja, letting nin to kite and i dot+nuke it?
    Yes, potentially but you are better off having a pld straight tank him. He is pathetically weak.

For Drk can i use same strategy or bring a rdm too?
    Best strat is possibly have the person with the pop message disband and take the nm off them when it pops.

And for Drg Gravity, Sleep, and Bind works? or just nuke, dot and teleporting.
    Never really tried low number.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ix'DRG unlike the other Ix'Aerns is susceptible to enfeebles..

Bind gravit slow elegy para all work..

All of the Sea NMs seem to have a 16 min repop when their timer restarts...
    Sure fire way to pop Temp fast = 1 small group that can hold him at each tower...

For small man DRK you want to have someone sac him to a safe area like main entrance with no links and let the Qn'aern go back and then grab ix'drk....he is easy to kite despite how fast he is since he will stop to cast dumb dark spells...

DRG walks through the teleporters now, they fixed that a while ago.

Ix'MNK is a bitch as was said...its pretty weak

You can kite ix'mnk easy in the room with the lol ebonpanel. Thats how rdms solo it(without wlegs).

Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    DRG walks through the teleporters now, they fixed that a while ago.
    Not totally. We killed him twice over the holidays using the teleport trick. The difference is that the group killing them needs to disband. When you are solo, he deaggroes when you teleport. So you get a rotation of people that are dotting/nuking him and zoning in order. Just make sure you keep dot on or he heals quick. When he's almost dead, we re-party and sync AM2 or something to finish.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

All Ix'aerns be be duo'd with BLMs. Mnk can probably be solo'd if you have the patience to cast bio that many times.

Mnk - sac it to the ebon room and kite. He's slow as hell in there. Drk - Break pt, separate Ix from the Qns, remake pt and kite around the Fortitude room. Drg - break pt and keep it broken until you're ready to kill, zone into porters.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I was talking to one of our LS RDM (he also has 75 BLU). Apparently ix'drk can be debuffed by blu spells. However, only ones that cause damage and have an additional affect work (i.e. Mindblast, Disseverment).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    All Ix'aerns be be duo'd with BLMs. Mnk can probably be solo'd if you have the patience to cast bio that many times.

Mnk - sac it to the ebon room and kite. He's slow as hell in there. Drk - Break pt, separate Ix from the Qns, remake pt and kite around the Fortitude room. Drg - break pt and keep it broken until you're ready to kill, zone into porters.
    way to let the cat out of the bag....

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz

way to let the cat out of the bag....
    its pretty commonly known about all of this already... lol, not really letting the cat out of the bag.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Easiest way to pop JoT is to split up and kill as many of the Zdei's as you can, at once. Alot of ppl sit and kill one at a time or kill in an order and take forever to pop it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Thank so much for all answers, i went last night with some friends and one of them got the message, we killed 2 more aerns to clear area and when he tried to pop it, he couldnt, i am assuming you have 1 minute at most to pop it, we will try again this week and see how it works.

You have a really long time to pop it (maybe 10min at least) if you aren't killing any other aerns. But we've had situations where someone get flagged, then we killed another aern and they got deflagged and someone else in our alliance got flagged. Maybe that happened to you? Which message did he get when he tried to pop: "You sense an unknown presence..." or "You sense an unknown presence, but it does not seem hostile."?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

He got: "is enveloped in sheer animosity", and when he checked it said it wasnt hostile, i think is because we killed other aern, i remember 3 days ago i was soloing there and got message, and after 15 minutes i got a message telling that i lost sheer animosity around me.

"You sense an unknown presence, but it does not seem hostile" = someone else in your alliance is flagged to pop it and wasn't paying attention when they got the "sheer animosity" message