Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Like I said, deal with the PS3 being scratched because that material easily gets dirt all over it, and small round scratches as well, even if it doesn't seem like you're even touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Quote Originally Posted by blister1
    Gamebattles.com ep?
    Yeah, and who were you?
    Member since socombattles 8)

and exo, you can think I'm making a big deal out of it, but the fact is it's not a little scratch (I've mentioned that in every post now) it's right on the top, it's noticeable if you look right down at it. Nothing big, but it's still there.

I was able to send it back, I'll be receiving another refurb along with the game, as long as it doesn't come with dent on it I'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    So you paid $600 dollars for a PS3 just to show off to your friends? There's alot better ways to show off that probably cost alot less.
    I bought it knowing full well Resistance was gonna be the only game worth playing the first 4 months. That didn't work too well, so yea I guess you can say I have the system just for the sake of telling people I know, I have it you don't. Again, come March I'll actually be playing it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was it that noticeable? I mean I have a few scratches on mine as well, but nothing you see unless you open a light right above it and look down.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Gamebattles.com ep?
    Yeah, and who were you?
    Member since socombattles 8)
    As was I. As a matter of fact, I was in Polira and Folly's clan until the demise of mainstream SOCOM2.

Small world...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why not buff the scratch?

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte
    Why not buff the scratch?
    Because people rather spend there time bitching about sony than to to something so logical!

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Ignore the scratch, or buff it. Sell the game on ebay, and buy yourself some beer and forget about the damn scratch.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Ignore the scratch, or buff it. Sell the game on ebay, and buy yourself some beer and forget about the damn scratch.
    Winner =D> Buff the Ps3, sell the game for like $40, buy some beers.

Quote Originally Posted by izembo
    you dont get a new system for a broken system.
    If it's a manufacturing defect that, you do. Implied warranty of merchantability and all that. If they sell you a PS3 that fails rapidly (a lemon) then they must remedy that, usually by fixing it, replacing it with a unit in the same condition that works, or giving you a refund.

Unfortunately in OP's case, you're fucked unless you want to get on the phone and demand a re-repair or refund. If you yell courteously enough they'll probably capitulate to your demands.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    If it's a manufacturing defect that, you do. Implied warranty of merchantability and all that. If they sell you a PS3 that fails rapidly (a lemon) then they must remedy that, usually by fixing it, replacing it with a unit in the same condition that works, or giving you a refund.

Unfortunately in OP's case, you're fucked unless you want to get on the phone and demand a re-repair or refund. If you yell courteously enough they'll probably capitulate to your demands.
    At your expense of sending it back probably. ;x They fufilled their said of tha bargain by making the system work...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

you just said what i said. they have to repair it, which is thus giving a refurbished system. switching it out for a different one to speed up the process is good service, is it not? yes, i agree the scratch sucks, but unless its something major, its gonna happen, and deal with it.

you just said what i said. they have to repair it, which is thus giving a refurbished system. switching it out for a different one to speed up the process is good service, is it not? yes, i agree the scratch sucks, but unless its something major, its gonna happen, and deal with it.
    They have to repair it and return it to you in the condition that you gave it to them, except with the manufacturing defect corrected. They can't arbitrarily give you a refurbished one unless you agree that it is a suitable replacement. Under the usual legalese of replacing defective goods, the replacement needs to be "new and substantially identical" to the original good. (varies from state to state, this is one of few areas that feds haven't totally usurped) If you want to bitch about the scratch on the refurbished unit, they'll likely fix it. If not, they'll take your silence as implicit consent that the replacement is suitable.

Returning to the car analogy, if I bought a new car and the thing died in a few days because of a manufacturing defect, I return it to the manufacturer. They return me a refurbished one that works but has a visible dent in the door and 10,000 extra miles on the odometer. Am I gonna be happy? Fuck no. Is it legal? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebopaloo
    a low poster so we shouldn't recognize his arguments at all.
    Says the person with 400.

And why do people care so much if people pay 600 bucks for their PS3s or not? It's their money.
    Exoduso's recognizing sarcasm abilities falls 2 points.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text.

And I doubt it can drop any more, it's already at a minus. >.>

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Ok, say you bitch about the scratch, who is to say you didn't do it? I mean its not hard to scratch something, and the PS3 still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text.

And I doubt it can drop any more, it's already at a minus. >.>
    That's why I put mister rolley eyes!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4