+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Eddie Murphy's new movie Norbit. . . wtf. . . seriously

Had the misfortune of seeing this tonight, went in knowing nothing about it other than the poster in the showplace lobby & my cousin telling me how funny it was going to be. It was an Eddie Murphy movie, how bad could it be? Okay okay Pluto Nash was shit, but he just did Dream Girls, it was fantastic, hell he is being nominated for an Oscar for it. So in I went in optimistic.

The horror people.. The horror. It was like rabid squirrels inside my skull gnawing to get out. I wanted to scream and walk out and beat up the ticket counter girl for my money back. I wasn't the only one. Parents took their kids out of the theater. Girls were getting up and leaving left and right. Guys were half heartedly laughing at some parts and getting slapped by their significant others for doing so.

Have we really gotten to a point where this kind of insipid tripe passes for entertainment? I hope the Academy of Arts and Sciences members watch this before sending in their votes for Best supporting actor to send Eddie Murphy a message.

Save yourselves the money, look up some fat people and Asian jokes online and hit yourself in the head with a hammer and it'll be just like you've sat through this trash. .

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Luckily I talked the people I was with OUT of seeing this movie. We saw Pursuit of Happyness instead and I loved it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just saw Hannibal Rising, seeing Norbit next week. Regardless I'm going to see it, althought Rising did actually kinda sucked.

E. Body
    BG Level

Hannibal Rising sucked? Fuck, that's disappointing. What made it disappointing? I really wanted to go see it.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Hannibal Rising sucked? Fuck, that's disappointing. What made it disappointing? I really wanted to go see it.
    The lack of Hopkins? I don't know, I want to see it as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm with Saga, without spoiling it, what was bad about it? I was planning on seeing it this week on Wednesday.

Banned.

BG Level

This is kind of a spoiler but... eh

What really killed it for me is that there is a part in part 1 that says something about his past, that makes you think he doesn't have "that kind of past". In this movie, he has that kind of past.

Wow, that was really fucking vague lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    Just saw Hannibal Rising, seeing Norbit next week. Regardless I'm going to see it, althought Rising did actually kinda sucked.
    so i heard from a few independent reviews.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going off a review I read in the paper that sums up Hannibal Rising fairly well....

He stated in the first movie that he can't be defined in simple terms (something along those lines), but basically this movie *does* define his nature in simple terms. Also, as people who saw Hannibal can probably attest to, he works better as a secondary character (as he was in Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon), but as a main character Hannibal loses some of his luster.

on an upnote i heard that eddie murphy was thinkinga bout going doing standup again, after a 20 year hiatus, which would be fucking awesome, he's one funny mother fucker

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

really? i remember eddie talking about standup before, how he wouldn't do it again because the only reason he did it in the first place was for a stepping stone to get into movies and whatnot.
    then again after doctor dolittle 2 and norbit yea he better be rethinking his career.
    edit: hahaha i was just thinking how he should just do a beverly hills cop 4 and they're actually planning on it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius*
    really? i remember eddie talking about standup before, how he wouldn't do it again because the only reason he did it in the first place was for a stepping stone to get into movies and whatnot.
    then again after doctor dolittle 2 and norbit yea he better be rethinking his career.
    Not like he was a lead actor in Dreamgirls or anything

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

i haven't the slightest idea what dream girls is

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

In Dream Girls he showed he is capable of being a truly gifted actor, but his comedic acting in Norbit should be outlawed it's so bad, not that any comedian could have saved this movies plot.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got 8 academy award nominations including Eddie Murphy picking up a nod for Best Supporting Actor.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hmm...and I was planning on seeing Norbit too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    The lack of Hopkins? I don't know, I want to see it as well.
    Not seen this yet, but I heard it sucked.
    They pretty much said:
    The biggest attraction for Silence of the Lambs was the unknowing and the mystery. Hannibal Rising goes into great detail about everything you don't know, that made it mysterious, known; and on these types of films which depends on not knowing, by taking that away your left with just another film.

As for the other film, I think Eddie Murphy is due for retirement.

Well this Friday we get Ghost Rider

I'll just watch GH and Hannibal Rising

Nutty Professor 1/2 - (subtract) the funny/new concept = Norbit

The black/white fat suit movies are overdone

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    This guy does not know what the hell he's talking about. Go see it.