+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sony Computer Entertainment America President Jack Tretton..

Has officially lost his mind. Maybe the stress is getting them. The following quote is in the new issue of EGM:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tretton
    "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes."
    Now mind you, this isn't last November we are talking about. He is talking about this past month.

Edit: Apparently Penny Arcade finds what he said funny too:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070210.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

ME BASH SONY BASH BASH ANGRY

but the comic is somewhat funny.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I love Penny Arcade.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Afk, quitting my job and finding 50 PS3s in town.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

brb, gonna go run around town and make some 10k or so.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

BRP, all the fanboy & customer bashing aside Sony isn't doing anything but adding fuel to the fire. They got my $600 for the PS3 already. I would just like them to keep striving to make things better for the PS3 and the company as a whole instead of taking one step forward, then two steps back.

is he seriously paying people?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

off to work now to collect a $42,000 raise. maybe more if we got another shipment 8)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    is he seriously paying people?
    Don't think so, though I wonder if someone did meet his requirements, i.e. prove a system was sitting on a shelf for five minutes et cetera; could they hold him to it legally?

The quote apparently comes from when EGM asked him in January about all the PS3s sitting on shelves and being returned to stores. That was his reply.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    ME BASH SONY BASH BASH ANGRY

but the comic is somewhat funny.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...oster_9097.jpg

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

they are actually selling out like mad here lately, and yes, it isn't november. it's tax return time! seriously, we're getting asked about ps3's in stock more than wii's now.

Maybe people gave up asking about Wiis for now, and it's such a common knowledge that PS3s are in stock that people are asking for them

Every consumer electronics store I go into I see 2-3 on shelves, Sony quotes are fucking priceless.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

No PS3's around where I live. And I'm actually quite disappointed with my Wii compared to my ps3 thus far.

I wonder if I get a video camera and film it a shelf full of PS3's for 10 minutes, if I could legally sue if they dont pay.

Do it, do it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

as a matter of fact, we're practically sold out of anything sony, only having 1 psp in stock, no ps2's, no ps3's.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People need to stop hating on the PS3 so much... yes, there aren't that many good titles out yet, but that doesn't stop people from buying it.

I know at least 3 people that bought it just because, like me, they were going to get it anyways and their PS2 was dying... I figured, why the hell buy a slim PS2 and spend all that money on it, when I can just buy a PS3 since i'll be buying it eventually anyways, and use that as the PS2 emulator.

Problem solved. Oh and VF5 coming out next month should help the PS3 a little bit... now where are those damn DMC/MGS's?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    People need to stop hating on the PS3 so much... yes, there aren't that many good titles out yet, but that doesn't stop people from buying it.
    Just because people may or may not have a hatred for Sony doesn't mean Sony doesn't need to open it's mouth with utterly retarded drivel. They've been making themselves out to be a total joke since "IT'S RIDGE RACER! RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!" You'd think they'd shut their mouths, take their losses and go back to the drawing board instead of another announcement of this stupid caliber.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Just because people may or may not have a hatred for Sony doesn't mean Sony doesn't need to open it's mouth with utterly retarded drivel. They've been making themselves out to be a total joke since "IT'S RIDGE RACER! RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!" You'd think they'd shut their mouths, take their losses and go back to the drawing board instead of another announcement of this stupid caliber.
    I really don't think that people hate PS3 or Sony so much as they hate Sony's cocky attitude. After Super NES, Nintendo got really cocky and thought they knew what people wanted more than they did (cartridges), PS1 was needed to deflate Nintendo's ego a bit by knocking them down a peg. Now Sony's ego is out of control and in desperate need of some humility. They need to shut up and listen to their consumers.

And remember that a game system is made for fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast