٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Top Screen on DS broken

My dilemma :

Top screen on DS broke, I phoned nintendo of Australia and their stupid warranty doesn't cover DS touch nor display screen (and they wanted to snag 25$ off me just for a fk'ng quote, pathetic).

Nintendo of America will service the broken screens, but not gameboys that aren't NA.

Anyone have some kind of solution? I'm kinda annoyed that I can't do jackshit, can't afford another DS really, but very pissed that I basically have a backlit GBA. I have 3 DS games too that I really would like to play, but can't due to having 1 screen.

Anyone know self fixes or anything? Here's the situation :

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3179/dscn3332hz3.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6664/dscn3334oe8.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1962/dscn3335wm6.jpg

PS : I don't have a pink DS, I put my finger over the flash to try and make the screens more visible.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there anything on there that is different than an NA DS? Could Nintendo of America tell whether yours is American or Australian?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

serial number

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

honestly, if you complain enough, eventually you'll get to someone who wants to make the customer happy. it may take some time, but you got a good chance of at least getting something if you just bitch and raise hell. nintendo is generally the easiest of the 3 to make people happy.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm assuming you tried hitting/kicking it?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

in frustration i tried a tad more than that ;p

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You've got a Gameboy Advance (non-sp) with a screen snagged on top of it now it looks like...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm I just been retarted here, or am I correct in assuming if it's within manufacturers guarantee they have a legal obligation to repair a fault that wasn't caused by misuse?

Have you contacted the store where you made the purchase?

No idea how to fix that. But if you do get it fixed, I wanted to race your ass (GL)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your lucky its just the top screen, thats a lot easier to fix compared to the bottom. When I was reading over Nintendos site awhile ago I saw they fix those top screens with no problem, and I believe I ever saw in one of their forums that the user can easily fix it too with bought parts.

But not sure if that was exactlly it, in either case NoAm would fix it np, id just call and bug NoAu more, compare them to NoAm and stuff and tell them youll report them to the BBB.. which you probably dont have in Australia >.>

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Your lucky its just the top screen, thats a lot easier to fix compared to the bottom. When I was reading over Nintendos site awhile ago I saw they fix those top screens with no problem, and I believe I ever saw in one of their forums that the user can easily fix it too with bought parts.

But not sure if that was exactlly it, in either case NoAm would fix it np, id just call and bug NoAu more, compare them to NoAm and stuff and tell them youll report them to the BBB.. which you probably dont have in Australia >.>
    Hmmm we have one called ACCC which is similar, when I go back to Australia I just might call them I think.