FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Fishbot Locations

Post pictures of where youve found the latest sets of fishbots running amok and ruining the in game economy. Dont repost images, dont comment randomly on images. These pictures will be reposted in the SE Discussion forum section and you will be credited along with the picture.
    Do not use massive table breaking pictures, attempt to not modify the picture in any way. List your server as well and the zone and POS.

This will be a place for the GMs to look and see where the fishbotters or new RMT schemes are coming from and our official request that you do something about it.

Thanks go to Aurik for making this suggestion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Titan, Qufim, H-8 and surrounding shores. GMs already know about this one, but may as well start somewhere. Plus look at all the taru bot clones.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...fishboters.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Leviathan, Qufim H-8 shore, catching Mythril Swords.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...215_145415.png

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a great idea but won't the GMs do the usual and ignore the GSes shown in the screenshots and ban the people using windower to take those screenshots lol

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    It's a great idea but won't the GMs do the usual and ignore the GSes shown in the screenshots and ban the people using windower to take those screenshots lol
    they cannot ban people from forum screenshots, however if they were to say look in the spot we noted on the forums, they would find said gilsellers and be able to do something about it

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Windurst waters and port on Bahamut are overrun with fish bots.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    they cannot ban people from forum screenshots, however if they were to say look in the spot we noted on the forums, they would find said gilsellers and be able to do something about it
    I hope so. If this helps gets rid of just a few GSers plaguing the servers in any way possible, then it will be well worth it

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Port Windurst, Qufim Island, Batalia Downs and Sea Serpent Grotto. Just randomly sent fishers there, 80% of them are probaly bots.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What they do on Sylph is fish on the cliff, set their HP at the guard near the land worms. A Banshee will pop, kill them, they auto-HP to the guard where the local land worms kill them. Then they will continually die > HP > die > HP since its just a script running.

Called a GM today while leveling my BRD. Told him this exactly, he appeared in view, watched the process, then disappeared and like 12-15 of the RMT LV 1 fishers red dotted. Guessing they got banned / temp-banned, pretty nice.

Also my party of new players was pumped to see the GM and started badgering him to kill something which he subsequently did. Even I was surprised considering the only thing Ive heard a GM kill was the Vrtra on the top of KRT that random time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    Port Windurst, Qufim Island, Batalia Downs and Sea Serpent Grotto. Just randomly sent fishers there, 80% of them are probaly bots.
    On my server I'm ussually the only person in SSG fishing when I'm there. The other people that I occasionally see there are at least quasi-legit since I see them doing things other than fishing.

I'm not sure, but I think SSG is enough of a pain to get to, that the RMTs don't put bots there.

Should we really try to be stopping rmt fishbots....? I know RMT are bad and all, but these lvl 1 fishbots don't get in anyone's way, as they try to make money off NPCs... and as long as lvl 1 fishbotting is profitable we wouldn't have to worry about higher lvl RMT camping NMs etc (as much)....

Would you guys prefer 50 lvl 1 fishbots at some remote cliff in batallia or 1 extra RMT alliance to camp against at KB? Cause less fishbots = more actual rmt players...

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'd prefer no RMT.
    I don't see how less fishbots = more 75RMTs

If either a 75RMT or a fishbot disappears, you bet your sweet ass they'll replace it. I've never seen a correlation between fishbots getting banned and fiercer competition in sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I'd prefer no RMT.
    I don't see how less fishbots = more 75RMTs

If either a 75RMT or a fishbot disappears, you bet your sweet ass they'll replace it. I've never seen a correlation between fishbots getting banned and fiercer competition in sky.
    Well getting a job to 75 takes a while. The way I see it, if lvl 1 fishbotting is profitable, once a 75RMT eventually gets banned they'd be -less likely- to replace it it when they could start making gil straight away instead.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dunno if the's same on other servers but a few can be found in Labrynth of Onzozo fishing near the Hellion locations stuffed in the corners & there are groups which show up in sets of 6s and 8s fishing Mantas in Kuftal Tunnel for Angel Skins for hours on end. They've started coming in shifts tho and rotate different groups of players.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Re: Fishbot Locations

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    This will be a place for the GMs to look and see where the fishbotters or new RMT schemes are coming from and our official request that you do something about it.
    I don't have a screenshot or anything, however I have noticed that RMT are now botting Abyss Sahagin (Yes, that Abyss Sahagin), solely for the gil drops that he drops, and for {mug}. On Diabolos they have two sets of campers, one at his upper spawn and one at the lower spawn. I can get a screenshot if one is required. They have no linkpearl, are there 24/7, anon, and {I don't speak any English}.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

going to be deleting all posts without images

maybe should put this in the other forum with JP translation as well? Just a suggestion

Seraph, Windurst Waters near the bridge below the Cooking guild.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37...hingAnyone.jpg

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

These were taken from where the guy above was all the way back to the Mog House... they were pretty spread out. Thumbnailing this because I play on a huge resolution.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/898...5901fc6.th.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3...5929iw0.th.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2...5952su2.th.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3...0024mg1.th.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1...0046gk6.th.jpg

13 in total.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast