+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clover Studios reborn as SEEDS

Here's the link: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157219
    Clover Studios was the studio which was dissolved by Capcom late last year, but was the maker of gems such as Okami and the Viewtiful Joe series.
    Well it looks like the bigwigs of Clover are coming together to form this new studio called Seeds.
    The highlights is that the brass of the studio come from the creators of Okami and Viewtiful Joe obviously, but also Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry, and Shadow of the Colossus.
    Pretty good news I think.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Awesome, I was really sad to hear Clover went down. This is really good shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

can someone fill me in on why Capcom dissolved Clover last year?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

because their games didn't make enough money or something retarded.

Anyway, can you imagine Okami 2 on the Wii? Like you actually PAINT with the wiimote as the brush, that'd be SO cool. I'm so happy Clover is back! AND with people that did SOTC, omg<3333333333333333333333333333

lmao Belle, when I saw this I knew you would love it.
    Yea Capcom dissolved since they did not sell enough games. It is a shame that a game as amazing as Okami would go so unnoticed.
    I think this will be even better than the original Clover since they have all these new developers along with them now. I wonder what publisher will pick them up...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I was talking with solsovly about this the other day. It's a shame when a game is an absolute Gem, but people are too afraid to buy it because it insult their manhood infront of their friends, so they just keep buying madden.

Now if only there's news about UGA SPACE CHANNEL 5 COME BACK PLZ

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I was talking with solsovly about this the other day. It's a shame when a game is an absolute Gem, but people are too afraid to buy it because it insult their manhood infront of their friends, so they just keep buying madden.

Now if only there's news about UGA SPACE CHANNEL 5 COME BACK PLZ
    yea i love games from Clover, such a shame. i am so glad they are now back.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by finale23
    can someone fill me in on why Capcom dissolved Clover last year?
    Cause 5 people played Okami. Of those 5, 4 people pirated it. One person bought God Hand then returned it as they thought it was a movie.

Viewtiful Joe and Okami were great. God Hand was decent, much better if you like super old school beatemups and cheese.

But yeah, do you know anyone that owns Okami or God Hand? I sure don't

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I pirated Okami, and I just couldn't get into it at all...really glad I didn't pay for it though :/

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I pirated Okami, and I just couldn't get into it at all...really glad I didn't pay for it though :/
    Same here, except I bought it :-/

Re: Clover Studios reborn as SEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Clover Studios was the studio which was dissolved by Capcom late last year, but was the maker of gems such as Okami and the Viewtiful Joe series.
    Well it looks like the bigwigs of Clover are coming together to form this new studio called Seeds.
    The highlights is that the brass of the studio come from the creators of Okami and Viewtiful Joe obviously, but also Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry, and Shadow of the Colossus.
    You forgot God Hand on that list of Gems
    *actually reads the previous posts*
    I own God Had and actually enjoy it. although i never really got into Okami.

I own Okami...
    My PS2 doesn't have a modchip in it.
    lol @ thinking God Hand is a movie.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I bought Okami and didn't put it down until I beat it. After I beat it, I gave it to my mom and she played through it, and also loved it.

Everyone else that I know that has played it has loved it too. It's a little Zelda rip-offish in places, but it's so much fun. And pretttttttty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    100% Agreed. Okami... is simply amazing, and after hearing they were being dissolved after it... well that was bad bad news. I hope to see them making some amazing things!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I bought Okami and didn't put it down until I beat it. After I beat it, I gave it to my mom and she played through it, and also loved it.

Everyone else that I know that has played it has loved it too. It's a little Zelda rip-offish in places, but it's so much fun. And pretttttttty.
    I loved Okami the only thing I had against it was the long CS with that music. I really didnt like that mustic, but the mute button really helps there.

lol the talking in it is kinda of annoying too.
    Someone compared it on here to something hilarious, forget what it was though.

I'd def get Okami if it came out on Wii

Re: Clover Studios reborn as SEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Po
    You forgot God Hand on that list of Gems
    *actually reads the previous posts*
    I own God Had and actually enjoy it. although i never really got into Okami.

God Hand is so hard (i still haven't beaten the final final boss) even on easy.

Okami i want to play in english cos it was kinda hard playing it in JP for me cos i don't like looking at kanji dictionaries every time a kanji i've never seen before creeps up (which it does several times =/ )

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I own Okami, only got maybe 10 hours into it. I think it's an awesome game in terms of style, even if it is very zelda-ish and the whole talking bit.

Definitely one of the best games I've played in a long time.