Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uggalepih Pendent     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Uggalepih Pendent

I started analyzing my current BLM gear setup, I've read alot about sorcerer's ring and how the convert HP>MP has no effect on your base HP. I figured out the HP I would need in order to maintain the latent full time.

The uggalepih pendent however I havent been able to find much reading on? Im wondering if the latent effect is based off ur base MP or if food and +MP, and convert HP>MP plays a roll in activating the latent.

Also it was interesting to note that on Wiki it states that the latent will kick in on a spell if u start out with >50%MP but after the spell you drop below 50%.

Any info or if you could direct me to a link that has this info would be greatly appreciated.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

In my experience if you as was said drop below 50% after the spell is cast it will kick it, if not it does not.

So if you got a nice conserve MP proc which would have normally dropped you below 50%..dont recall it working for that..

But otherwise if net result is less than 50% hp it does.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

JSE Ring = Yellow HP. If it's not yellow, the latent is not on.

Uggy Pendant is already explained in the post above.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    Wrong.

Wrong on both counts. As long as your HP would be yellow if not for convert HP > MP gear, then ring kicks in. As for pendant activating when a spell drops you below 50%, this was how it originally worked, but my recent experience suggests that this is no longer the case. However, this could also be the appearance as a result of some odd base MP calculation, so worth testing to be certain.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram

Wrong on both counts. As long as your HP would be yellow if not for convert HP > MP gear, then ring kicks in. As for pendant activating when a spell drops you below 50%, this was how it originally worked, but my recent experience suggests that this is no longer the case. However, this could also be the appearance as a result of some odd base MP calculation, so worth testing to be certain.
    Suiram is on the path I was looking for. The 1st 2 posts I know were wrong. How is ur 50% mark for MP determined? Is it from your base mp, does convert gear play a roll, what about +MP gear? Im wondering if they all effect the latent for Ugg pendent.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    Wrong.
    For the level 50 JSE ring to be active you must be at 75% or less of your HP when you cast the spell (eg if you have 1000 HP you need to have 750 or less HP for the ring to be active).

You do not get into yellow HP unless you are BELOW 75% of your HP. Ideally you want to find a perfect gear combination where you still have the latent effect active and not have yellow HP or you are likely to get cured out of latent. Subbing WHM screws this up due to auto-regen.

As far as pendant goes I don't have one so I'm not sure =( However I would assume based on my experience with other latent effect gear that it would include your total MP with gear and food etc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It could be based off of base MP...

But being a RDM in my nuking gear I do not have that much mp compared to base...so half mp in my nuking gear isn't that much higher than naked...I guess...I think im like 750ish in Nuking gear and probably 580isH? whatever naked is for hume..so if i tested at 390 MP and burnt 100 on a spell i would be around the midpoint on base too (not sure if im making sense been a long day)...but my observatoins might have been skewed by the fact that the 50% mp mark was reached in both cases...I guess only way to know is to test it out and make sure that the 50% mp mark isn't hit for being naked also.
    But I have tried it in the past ...and under 50% mp = worked....haven't checked it in a while maybe something is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphet
    For the level 50 JSE ring to be active you must be at 75% or less of your HP when you cast the spell (eg if you have 1000 HP you need to have 750 or less HP for the ring to be active).

You do not get into yellow HP unless you are BELOW 75% of your HP. Ideally you want to find a perfect gear combination where you still have the latent effect active and not have yellow HP or you are likely to get cured out of latent. Subbing WHM screws this up due to auto-regen.
    The difference between 75% HP and yellow HP is at most a couple of points. I believe you're right that the trigger for sorcerer's ring is 75% rather than yellow HP, but the greater point is that for sorcerer's ring you get the bonus at 75% calculated before Convert HP > MP gear (though not before HP+/- gear). For example, you could be wearing Zenith Mitts and Zenith Pumps and be 81% HP and still get the latent bonus. My friend who has BRD and WHM at 75 in addition to BLM claims that this is not true of those other jobs' rings (you have to be 75% or lower after all gear for them), so that could be the source of your misunderstanding.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pendant does work strictly off your current mp. I use it a good bit when soloing and I haven't noticed anything weird at all. In my casting gear I've got 1003 mp, if I fire off a spell with pendant equipped (which puts me at 1023 mp if I was full) and I go below 511 mp it works, if conserve mp procs and I end up above 511 mp it doesn't. Really not that hard to test.

Okay, I tested this like 9 different ways, and this is what I came up with. If people want to see the data from all the tests let me know and I can post it here.

Let VMP be your max MP from "Visible Gear":

What counts toward VMP
    Main MP+/-
    Sub MP+/-
    Ammo MP+/-
    Head MP+/-
    Body MP+/-
    Hands MP+/-
    Legs MP+/-
    Feet MP+/-
    Merit MP+

What does not count toward VMP
    Neck MP+/- (including the MP+20 from pendant)
    Ear MP+/-
    Ring MP+/-
    Back MP+/-
    Waist MP+/-
    Food
    Convert HP>MP gear for any slot
    MP+X% gear in any slot

Unknown effect on VMP (I don't own or didn't bring the gear to test)
    Ranged MP+/-

Uggalepih Pendant activates when floor(100*(Current MP/VMP)) is less than or equal to 50, based on your current MP after the spell completes.
    (Basically if your MP% of your VMP rounded down is 50% or lower after your cast.)

If a spell would have brought you below 50% of VMP but Conserve MP activates such that it does not, then the latent effect on pendant does not activate.

Here is an example:
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1...gearpicbi9.jpg

Base MP: 755 (after merits)
    VMP Gear:
    Wzd. Petasos+1: +30
    Wzd. Coat+1: +36
    Src. Gloves+1: +24
    Yigit Seraweels: +25
    VMP: 870

Non-VMP Gear:
    Uggalepih Pendant: +20
    Astral Earring: +25
    Tamas Ring: +30
    Merciful Cape: +25
    Zenith Pumps: +50
    Melon Pie+1: +30
    Total MP: 1050

Since 444/870 = 51.03%, and 443/870 = 50.92%, the latent effect on pendant should activate when the spell leaves me with 443/1050 MP, but not when it leaves me with 444/1050 MP. This turned out to be the case:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7...pledataeo4.jpg

I hope this was of some help. Sorry I was somewhat incorrect in my earlier posts about when the MP% is calculated.

Edit (April 11, 2008): I know this thread is over a year old, so I'm not going to necrobump it, but I recently tested some of the gear slots previously listed as "unknown" and have adjusted the above table accordingly. Main, Sub, and Ammo slots count toward VMP, Ear and Waist slots do not, nor does armor that gives % increase in MP (such as Lucky Egg).