Closed Thread
Page 1232 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 1182 1222 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

not gonna lie, it's something I always thought would happen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm watching it myself even though I vowed not to touch it after finishing the Naruto manga. Am actually liking it, just wish it would hurry past movie so w/e story it'll have can start. Really happy they're now animating Sarada mini arc, really liked it.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Boruto's anime has consistently really good quality and surprisingly good writing. It's better than anything I've seen from the series since pre-timeskip Naruto honestly.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I made a semi mistake, we are not yet at the movie part

We are where Sarada wants to know who her mom is

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I forget, does the Sarada mini arc take place before or after the Boruto movie?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Before because Boruto still "hates" naruto and Sarada Never saw Sasuke

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hopefully they change Sarada's clothes after this arc because they're fucking retarded.

Why they didn't just go with the movie's is beyond me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I've seen 2 episodes... Why does Naruto give no shits about his family? Use a clone to be at home 24/7 idiot lol
    Boruto is just a spoiled brat. Naruto does send "shadow clones" to play with him all the time and Bort is too dumb to question why Shikamaru is personally coming to drag a shadow clone away all the damn time when all the clone would have to do is go poof.
    That's not to say that Naruto doesn't manage his time absolutely horribly via doing everything himself instead of training up underlings. It's just that Boruto is the sort of shithead that complains about his father that still tries to spend time with him and buys him things to Sarada whom has never seen her father's face, is technically poor despite owning literally all of the clan property and her mom being the chief doctor for the entire city-state, and doesn't even get phone calls despite Sasuke owning a damn phone. 5 minutes of Naruto is better parenting than Sasuke does in an entire decade.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Boruto is just a spoiled brat. Naruto does send "shadow clones" to play with him all the time and Bort is too dumb to question why Shikamaru is personally coming to drag a shadow clone away all the damn time when all the clone would have to do is go poof.
    That's not to say that Naruto doesn't manage his time absolutely horribly via doing everything himself instead of training up underlings. It's just that Boruto is the sort of shithead that complains about his father that still tries to spend time with him and buys him things to Sarada whom has never seen her father's face, is technically poor despite owning literally all of the clan property and her mom being the chief doctor for the entire city-state, and doesn't even get phone calls despite Sasuke owning a damn phone. 5 minutes of Naruto is better parenting than Sasuke does in an entire decade.
    Sasuke doesn't just have a phone, he has a god damn smartphone. Naruto invented iPhones after becoming Hokage. Just text your kid, jesus.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Sasuke doesn't just have a phone, he has a god damn smartphone. Naruto invented iPhones after becoming Hokage. Just text your kid, jesus.
    And then your kid texts back when you're trailing some doode you suspect is going to attack the village GIVING AWAY YOUR POSITION AND GETTING YOU KILLED!!!!

GAWD!!! LERN 2 NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Srsly though, watched the first couple episodes and nothing since then. Didn't really appeal to me much. Even when I am bored and watch the Boruto movie, I always skip to the end when Naruto+the Sauce start being super badasses.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Sasuke has always been a dickhead loner. He's just staying in character.

Naruto is the grandmaster of swaying the world to love him through effort and determination. You'd think the guy that brought the five warring nations together via the power of friendship alone would put forth enough effort that his own first born likes him too. I mean Naruto has always been an idiot bumbler, but he's never had anybody in the history of the show not hop on his ship of friendship. Do your best nigga

I just think it's bad writing to give the illusion that Boruto is in an even remotely similar situation Naruto had growing up being alone, which the show has always told us makes characters more powerful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I just think it's bad writing to give the illusion that Boruto is in an even remotely similar situation Naruto had growing up being alone, which the show has always told us makes characters more powerful.
    This is why I haven't been paying attention to Boruto. Once I saw he was a little piece of shit I tapped out. There's little to no growth we'll see from Naruto past a little introduction, the world has been explored pretty fully, and Boruto's just a spoiled ass of a kid.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

This 100%.

I can understand wanting to play with your actual father and not a shadow clone. On the other hand, there's probably some quirky policy about certain hokage duties not being able to handled by clones, so gotta be there for realsies. Overall, I'll just agree Boruto's being a whiny bitch while just affirming my dislike of most of the kids being shallow clones of their parents. With the world already being established as we know it, we need more of the unique content to keep things interesting and not all the slice-of-life drama that's dominated the majority of happenings. Those few episodes focused on the class rep were probably the most interesting the series has put out so far, and while we have an idea of what's to come in the anime for a bit thanks to the manga, it isn't a whole lot better with Sarada angsting over Sasuke and fatgirl being annoying.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sasuke has always been a dickhead loner. He's just staying in character.

Naruto is the grandmaster of swaying the world to love him through effort and determination. You'd think the guy that brought the five warring nations together via the power of friendship alone would put forth enough effort that his own first born likes him too. I mean Naruto has always been an idiot bumbler, but he's never had anybody in the history of the show not hop on his ship of friendship. Do your best nigga

Boruto and Naruto's relationship is based on Kishimoto and his children's relationship where they couldn't understand why their father doesn't have as much time for them anymore. The problem isn't that Naruto was unable to make Boruto like him. The problem is that he did make Boruto like him and now he's mad that Naruto actually has a full time job.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Incorrect. The problem is that the series needs artificial tension, and this is how they've written some in.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Boruto's just mad at Naruto for not picking him up a named license plate at ninja disneyland.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

My son is also named Boruto.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Incorrect. The problem is that the series needs artificial tension, and this is how they've written some in.
    I think this is my biggest reason for not enjoying the series so far. The tough thing about Boruto as a character is that there aren't so many ways you could write him to make the story really have depth. Naruto as a character was chalk full of shit he had to deal with from the very get go.

Boruto can't go the 'bad at ninja stuff' as it's already taken by Rock Lee. What they should have done with the start of this was make it based on both Boruto+Saladbar. Boruto taking his personality from the movie of "spoiled brat who takes the easy way and cheats and etc and does stupid shit so he gets his daddy's attention" so he has some focus but not enough to make him insufferable until they finally get to the movie part and he gets his redemption and becomes a decent "I'm gonna start working hard now but don't have the mass Shadow Clone hax my father does so I have to actually practice more and slowly get better because I finally understand what he goes through/has gone through a little".

And before his pre-movie redemption, you have the Saladbar story of her dealing with a lack of the Sauce and being skilled at all the shit Sakura is good at but maybe not what the Sauce is good at, so she's struggling with Kunai and fire jutsu and blah blah and maybe her eyes randomly activate and she doesn't know how to handle it and blah blah until the Sauce comes back into the picture and starts being a decent dad, AKA, the end of the Boruto movie.

I mean, I think that would work more then what we're getting which is a spoiled kid who has daddy issues, but is also super good at all things ninja and has a magic eye he somehow gets without explanation that people don't believe he has. I mean, you can still do the magic eye that sees evil spirits or whatever it is, but with less of the forced drama.