Closed Thread
Page 1223 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 1173 1213 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1233 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's got me curious at the very least since it suggests both Naruto and Sasuke got taken down and he's experienced some trauma far younger than the both of them. That's if all of that intro holds true later on that is.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Idk. Those intro panels kind of pissed me off.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Heh, why? It's classic Naruto to me at least

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Konaha has been destroyed before. Wrecking it again, but this time taking out the faces, not only feels unoriginal, but also cheapens Naruto's ending.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That aside, I enjoyed the rest of the issue, and actually look forward to more. Just not happy seeing the faces gone lol.

BG Level

Just seems to completely devalue everything that happened in the original Naruto. Everything goes back to shit not even a generation later.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Konaha has been destroyed before. Wrecking it again, but this time taking out the faces, not only feels unoriginal, but also cheapens Naruto's ending.
    Very very valid point that I completely overlooked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still waiting to learn how it all happened.

We've seen the stakes repeatedly being raised, this time the stakes have been raised for a new generation. Destroying the Hokage's faces just tells me shit's gone really bad, maybe in a permanent way.

Meanwhile, preparing my eye-roll at the justification for Sasuke and Naruto being unavailable to save the world.

This makes me not want to read it, it pretty much trashes the long ass journey since high school and sad it was all pointless.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People wanted a new generation. People wanted said new generation to surpass the old. The new generation getting outclassing the old is a classic staple to the Naruto-verse. These dudes literally fought GODS just a few years ago and more recently as the opener to this new series. I'm finding a hard time understanding what people want from this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    People wanted a new generation. People wanted said new generation to surpass the old. The new generation getting outclassing the old is a classic staple to the Naruto-verse. These dudes literally fought GODS just a few years ago and more recently as the opener to this new series. I'm finding a hard time understanding what people want from this?
    This.

On top of the fact that the previous series illustrated peace being a journey rather than a destination on several occasions. One of Naruto's recurring themes was each new generation inheriting the hopes and sometimes problems of the old, while dealing with their own struggles.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So this is edited by Kishi, with script and art both by someone else? Wonder how much of a say Kishi has.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Who wanted this exactly? Naruto's generation was the generation we all wanted and expected to surpass the old. It was the generation we all grew up with. It was an incredibly long journey with the payoff being an established sense of peace for the foreseeable future. Not even a generation later Konoha is in ruins once again? Naruto and Sasuke are seemingly dead from an enemy that's popped out of nowhere, despite having literally beaten god level shinobis before? Fuck outta here.

The most people expected out of Baruto was a nice little prolong epilogue. Not a flat-out slap in the face that the last 10+ years meant nothing.

I blame tuberculosis.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Forgot this was a thing, and I'm glad I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

BG Level

Kishi's story is done. Not a fan of this Naruto GT shit so I'll leave it at that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ehh, I'm giving it a shot for a bit. First chapter wasn't terrible to me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'll give it a few chapters only cause i've not bothered picking up a new Manga yet, but I do agree, like fuck we want a DBGT like sequel to Naruto, all I wanted from Boruto was the chapters we got about Sauce's daughter and the movie we got, that's it, the movie itself was a great way to do a short epilogue and end the series completely.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

How are they explaining away the two shinobi gods that reside in Konoha? The strongest Uchiha and Uzumaki should be able to keep a village safe...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They should. . . but the struggle was real in the movie which is seemingly canon (if they play it out in the manga then branch off after those events that is). Things escalate and progress. That's how it advances. Even HashiramaJesus and MadaraSatan died at some point.

Also, I understand everyone's point of the destroyed village but ya'll acting like it the village wasn't destroyed before. Least we forget that the 3rd Hokage saw it wrecked twice, the 4th didn't leave through it when it was done in and the 5th Hokage got her shit pushed in and was benched for a damn long time.