BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Neck piece for TP

Which is best for most situations (exp). Peacock charm, chiv chain, sea tourqes?

I thought that 1 combat skill = 2 acc and 2 att, but I was recently told that after 190 skill that doesn't apply...

thanks

Old Merits
    BG Level

Iirc up until 210 skill 1 combat skill is 1 acc/1atk but after that its only .9 acc/1 atk. For meripo situations, torques are best for TP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sea torques being best for merit points is situational. Eg, as NIN I mostly am stuck choosing between sushi or 66% accuracy. I choose sushi, and the 7 ATK from Hope Torque benefits me more than the extra ACC from Peacock Charm.

But at camps where it's a choice between sushi or 80% accuracy, or where I can't use sushi because I don't care to piss away 100k in food an hour making Greater Colibris super-accurate, Peacock Charm.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Depends to a certain extent on what job you're talking about, not all torques are created equal, but for the most part it's probably going to be slightly weighted one way or the other depending on what food you're eating. As for Chiv Chain, that's really more of a poor man's chram substitute.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

For Monk, I believe the sea torque would be best because part of the monk base damage formula directly involves your current H2H skill. Not sure how much of a difference 7 skill would make, but even if its just one extra base damage combined with the 7acc/attack, that outweighs the accuracy from the peacock charm, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    For Monk, I believe the sea torque would be best because part of the monk base damage formula directly involves your current H2H skill. Not sure how much of a difference 7 skill would make, but even if its just one extra base damage combined with the 7acc/attack, that outweighs the accuracy from the peacock charm, IMO.
    Doesn't change base damage at full merit (292), and provides only 6acc, but still a good piece. The best torques are the ones whose stat is relevant to the job's interest: justice torque (5str + 7 scythe/gkt skill), love torque for thf (5dex + 7dagger), and possibly the 2 archery torques (agi + archery, mnd + marksmanship).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

PCC > *, for TP. On WS, torque vs. gorget vs. pcc is always fairly close in every parse/discussion I've ever read. Gorget usually gets the edge, barely.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    PCC > *, for TP. On WS, torque vs. gorget vs. pcc is always fairly close in every parse/discussion I've ever read. Gorget usually gets the edge, barely.
    If you've ever read the page on RNG WS you'd know that Torque > Gorget > PCC. Don't know how much that carries over to Asuran though, because the accuracy certainly is nice on a 8 hit WS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Since most mnks use sushi in the higher end camps to ensure hits, they would probably gorget > torque > PCC. Gorget can add the outright huge boost and ensure them that they get attack output with sushi ensuring hits.

If you have a multi-hit ws and a gorget set to the primary element of your WS you'll recieve the biggest reward by using it in combination with sushi. Of course outside of WS, torque works to for those same jobs, it is basically 7 attack and 6.3 acc with some random stat that may or may not actually matter during TP. If it does, more power to you!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kattice
    Since most mnks use sushi in the higher end camps to ensure hits, they would probably gorget > torque > PCC. Gorget can add the outright huge boost and ensure them that they get attack output with sushi ensuring hits.
    WUT?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since most mnks use sushi in the higher end camps to ensure hits
    Barring north mamool ja camp, notrly. MNK is probably the job most capable of eating meat in merit situations, and many do.

Old Merits
    BG Level

PCC is an overrated neckpiece that shouldn't be worn past level 60, haven't you heard?

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Doesn't change base damage at full merit (292), and provides only 6acc, but still a good piece. The best torques are the ones whose stat is relevant to the job's interest: justice torque (5str + 7 scythe/gkt skill), love torque for thf (5dex + 7dagger), and possibly the 2 archery torques (agi + archery, mnd + marksmanship).
    If you have mnk as a secondary, however, it's nice. You can get 291 with 4 merits and the torque, which still allows you to get 8 merits into your main's weapon of choice.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Secondary MNK and other heavy attack MNKs use sushi with degrees of success, but yes, north mamool camp is popular on my server. Mire is terrible to exp, and the Isle is usually pretty packed.

Mnks that use meat are very effective, but you guys are right, mostly the mamool camp and a few other places this would only apply to, but they are the main merit burn places.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kattice
    Secondary MNK and other heavy attack MNKs use sushi with degrees of success, but yes, north mamool camp is popular on my server. Mire is terrible to exp, and the Isle is usually pretty packed.

Mnks that use meat are very effective, but you guys are right, mostly the mamool camp and a few other places this would only apply to, but they are the main merit burn places.
    north mamook fits one pt, it's the equivalant of getting Main entrance before ToaU. South Mamook can use meat just fine.